British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PremierRebel

Somerset Rebels Vs Ipswich Witches [lc Final] 19/10/2012

Wonder who will be at reserve with Mat for this meeting, our super guest Stefan will be riding for Mildy on Friday won't he?!! ;)

Saw Adam ride at Poole the other week (no8 for Lakeside). Quite impressed seems we have another British rider with potential. Hope he gets the backing needed to progress.

Unfortunately my 14 point prediction was right.

Rebels big favourites now.

Lets hope the secondleg can go ahead to get a real result whichever way it goes.

Well , I was hoping for better after the ineptness of Thursday but I fear its now " Game Set and Match " . Somerset have the riders to secure 8-1s and 7-2s in the event of tacticals ( should they require them ) but to be honest I doubt they will .

Good performance from the boys. Perry had a bad night but was unlucky in his second ride as it should have been pulled back. It will still be tough at ipswich though.

Well , I was hoping for better after the ineptness of Thursday but I fear its now " Game Set and Match " . Somerset have the riders to secure 8-1s and 7-2s in the event of tacticals ( should they require them ) but to be honest I doubt they will .

I tend to agree with all you are saying here but there is always that optimist in me to think it could still be possible?!

It will take all 7 to do their bit and we cant afford the silly falls etc that we have so often seen this year.

It aint over til its over!!

Good performance from the boys. Perry had a bad night but was unlucky in his second ride as it should have been pulled back. It will still be tough at ipswich though.

Crap guest in Fisher.... cheers

Came back from 2 weeks holiday in the sun, logged on to catch up with the news and was shocked to read about Doyle, who was at the Oak Tree last night wearing his kneck brace. However Fisher proved a good guest and Craig Cook is booked for all the final 3 Rebels matches. If the Play Off Final second leg against Scunthorpe on Oct 28th is rained off, off Rebels will stay up there for re run next day. If Rebels home match against Scunny is off on Friday 26th it can be run on either Tuesday or Wednesday the following week.

Last night it was a gater's track to start and Rebels struggled, Tom having bike problems and Alex the same in first ride. The track improved after grading and so did the racing and a 14 point lead should hopefully be enough, although some of the Rebels don't go well at Scunny. In the programme Steve Bishop was writing about team managers duties and mentioned the importance of getting the correct helmet colour. he is now doing a hundred lines of "I must practice what I preach". Alex, Claus and Jesper all rode well and Kyle produced his best race in heat 14. For the vistors 16 year old Adam Ellis looks a good prospect, surprising choice to put reserve Tresarrieu out as a tactical having scored 2 from 3 but he made the gate, and Lanham would score more if he moved off the white line. Strange decision in heat 12 to have all 4 back as Taylor Poole slid off on his own, also thought Vissing was pipped for third place by North in heat 15, but then my eye sight is not what it was.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 1

Came back from 2 weeks holiday in the sun, logged on to catch up with the news and was shocked to read about Doyle, who was at the Oak Tree last night wearing his kneck brace. However Fisher proved a good guest and Craig Cook is booked for all the final 3 Rebels matches. If the Play Off Final second leg against Scunthorpe on Oct 28th is rained off, off Rebels will stay up there for re run next day. If Rebels home match against Scunny is off on Friday 26th it can be run on either Tuesday or Wednesday the following week.

Last night it was a gater's track to start and Rebels struggled, Tom having bike problems and Alex the same in first ride. The track improved after grading and so did the racing and a 14 point lead should hopefully be enough, although some of the Rebels don't go well at Scunny. In the programme Steve Bishop was writing about team managers duties and mentioned the importance of getting the correct helmet colour. he is now doing a hundred lines of "I must practice what I preach". Alex, Claus and Jesper all rode well and Kyle produced his best race in heat 14. For the vistors 16 year old Adam Ellis looks a good prospect, surprising choice to put reserve Tresarrieu out as a tactical having scored 2 from 3 but he made the gate, and Lanham would score more if he moved off the white line. Strange decision in heat 12 to have all 4 back as Taylor Poole slid off on his own, also thought Vissing was pipped for third place by North in heat 15, but then my eye sight is not what it was.

Hope you enjoyed your holiday OT maybe you are suffering from jetlag but last nights meeting was against IPSWICH and the return leg will be run at Ipswich not Scunthorpe

Edited by starshooter

Crap guest in Fisher.... cheers

I'll admit I didn't think that fisher would be a good guest but i'll eat my words he rode well.