British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fairplay1

Glasgow V Berwick 21/10/2012

Really would love to see Berwick do enough in this match so we can see another meeting at Shielfield this season, i suppose a lot will depend on the guests both teams use, will Joe Screen make a return for this match or will it be the Fish, and who will replace Josh, I would imagine Glasgow will have to use a National League guest for Mason Campton who according to reports at Sheffield on Sunday is flying back to oz this coming Saturday flight been book for quite a while so cant really blame the lad.

Im not sure if Berwick will be useing Kauko as first planned or if it will be Nick Morriss, either will do for me but it would certainly end the Season on a higher note if we could make the final, we just need to avoid getting beat by 11 points or more ...Can we do it ? what do you think?

• Like 1

Really would love to see Berwick do enough in this match so we can see another meeting at Shielfield this season, i suppose a lot will depend on the guests both teams use, will Joe Screen make a return for this match or will it be the Fish, and who will replace Josh, I would imagine Glasgow will have to use a National League guest for Mason Campton who according to reports at Sheffield on Sunday is flying back to oz this coming Saturday flight been book for quite a while so cant really blame the lad.

Im not sure if Berwick will be useing Kauko as first planned or if it will be Nick Morriss, either will do for me but it would certainly end the Season on a higher note if we could make the final, we just need to avoid getting beat by 11 points or more ...Can we do it ? what do you think?

Berwick do not have good record at Ashfield but who knows they may raise the game?

Problem could be , will south section be completed? I had look on BSPA site and no mention of Sheffield v Ipswich outstanding fixture. Will the final be run?

, I would imagine Glasgow will have to use a National League guest for Mason Campton who according to reports at Sheffield on Sunday is flying back to oz this coming Saturday flight been book for quite a while so cant really blame the lad.

dont mean to sound as if I am doubting you but could it perhaps be that its Josh, who is injured, who is heading back to Oz on Saturday?

Hope we can do it anything to make the winter break shorter ''''''''

How about it making the winter a LOT longer? There can't have been anything but a large loss to have been had for everyone involved in this ridiculous competition, so getting through to the final just extends the losses & makes the prospect of coming back next year just that couple of grand less likely.

dont mean to sound as if I am doubting you but could it perhaps be that its Josh, who is injured, who is heading back to Oz on Saturday?

I heard Campton was for the off. If the season finishes on the 31st October why are riders allowed to go home before then? :mad:

• Like 1

They are contracted until the 31 October

If that is the case he should recieve a ban at the start of next season unless he produces a doctor's certificate.
  • Like 3

so we have a few people who have 'heard' and suddenly its assumed right? Personally I'd be very surprised, defies logic that any fit rider would book a flight 'a while ago' for before the end of the season.

Just my opinion

so we have a few people who have 'heard' and suddenly its assumed right? Personally I'd be very surprised, defies logic that any fit rider would book a flight 'a while ago' for before the end of the season.

Just my opinion

Not going to name source but it was good. :wink:

I hope if they are proved wrong you WILL name them though because they will have been guilty of pretty major mischief making which isnt fair on fans or rider

If on the other hand I am wrong, am I allowed custard with my humble pie?

• Like 1

I hope if they are proved wrong you WILL name them though because they will have been guilty of pretty major mischief making which isnt fair on fans or rider

If on the other hand I am wrong, am I allowed custard with my humble pie?

In two words NO and NO! :lol::cheers:

Glasgow have Ryan Fisher and Kev Doolan guesting

Quite correct Berwick have Theo guesting[ 27 pts in last 3 meets] and young Ben Reade replacing Klaus

In two words NO and NO! :lol::cheers:

Jeez this humble pie tastes chugh....

Apologies tyretrax and fairplay1 for questioning your sources, I was wrong. I thought Mason had more integrity than that but that is obviously a word that means nothing to many these days.

As recently as mid October, messages on facebook from Aus were talking of seeing him home 'in four weeks'. Seems one hell of a co incidence he is now going home the same time as Josh and it was a long term booking. Why would a rider, contracted to 31st October, book a flight home earlier? Can't say I am impressed and I think it is very unfair on outgoing and incoming promoters as well as fans of all the clubs involved.

Moving on, on the rules side I am not sure why it is not deemed as with holding services. Riders have been hit with bans after being forced to ride (rather than actively independantly choosing) in their home country so I am a bit confused as to how the with holding services rule works. Not stirring, just curious. Can one of those in the know explain please? Ta!

Apologies again tyretrax/fairplay1 - oh and thanks x-man for the phone call at 7.30 telling me where I could find loads of custard for my humble pie but tyretrax says I am not allowed it and I, at least, am a person of my word :P

• Like 1