British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fairplay1

Glasgow V Berwick 21/10/2012

Like I say Taffy, I really feel for some of the guys behind the scenes that have worked so hard this year and have to deal with attacks on the club via this forum, yet they never hear a peep in person. Even though some of the posters know them.

It's a very sorry state of affairs that should not continue.

Opinion is fine, and at least I have the decency to post when I agree, and even when I have been wrong.

Having a cheap shot at the website is not opinion, but a passive aggressive attack on all involved with it.

Before you ask, I'm nothing to do with it.

I'm afraid the coward's response of "it's a forum and is here for me to express my opinion" doesn't wash with that type of post.

A very sorry state of affairs, and - as I have posted before - I hope the few rotten apples are removed from the barrel in future.

That is certainly what I would do.

I have just posted on the Rye House thread, regarding Shadders.

As in that situation, all critisism should be taken on the chin, one should be able to discern between good and bad critisism,take it on board or ignore it. I have always welcomed critisism good or bad, if I got it wrong, I put it right, that goes for all businesses. I read no malice in Screms comments, I suppose though, if you ate looking for conspiracy theories, you will always find them. :shock:

I didn't realise there were more plans afoot. Let's hope there nore succesful (from all aspects) than the last alterations.

Big plans all round from what I gather ,we will wait and see! Wish them well and hope they can turn it round.

As in that situation, all critisism should be taken on the chin, one should be able to discern between good and bad critisism,take it on board or ignore it. I have always welcomed critisism good or bad, if I got it wrong, I put it right, that goes for all businesses. I read no malice in Screms comments, I suppose though, if you ate looking for conspiracy theories, you will always find them. :shock:

spot on....there's some right drama queens about.

Criticism is not the problem, it is when it unfair, or done in a clandestine manner.

Now, I don't mean to be rude, but you are hardly an Alan Sugar of this world, so are you qualified to talk about business in an authoritative manner?

Your point is particularly wide of the mark when you consider so much of the work behind the scenes is done by volunteers who now appear to be in the firing line.

It really is getting quite serious from a small minority and it is hitting home with some people.

When it gets like that - where people are unfairly criticised - then it really has to be stamped out as it is actually bordering on bullying.

I'm sure John and George take it all within their stride. I'm not so sure they will stand by and watch their team of volunteers being attacked.

It's all very disappointing where this is heading.

The Rye House / Shadders incident is quite different to this.

I'm on Shadders's side with that one, for your information.

• Like 1

Criticism is not the problem, it is when it unfair, or done in a clandestine manner.

Now, I don't mean to be rude, but you are hardly an Alan Sugar of this world, so are you qualified to talk about business in an authoritative manner?

Your point is particularly wide of the mark when you consider so much of the work behind the scenes is done by volunteers who now appear to be in the firing line.

It really is getting quite serious from a small minority and it is hitting home with some people.

When it gets like that - where people are unfairly criticised - then it really has to be stamped out as it is actually bordering on bullying.

I'm sure John and George take it all within their stride. I'm not so sure they will stand by and watch their team of volunteers being attacked.

It's all very disappointing where this is heading.

The Rye House / Shadders incident is quite different to this.

I'm on Shadders's side with that one, for your information.

Scott, you are missing the point as usual, almost. to the point of paranoia, all critisism is useful, good or bad.

I find the Berwick website odd to use, it is not always up to date, that does not decry the person who set the site up voluntarily I presume, or the updater, again a volunteer I presume. It is a statement of critisism, that it is not an easy site to get around. Am I picking on the volunteers, of course not.

Scott, you are missing the point as usual, almost. to the point of paranoia, all critisism is useful, good or bad.

I find the Berwick website odd to use, it is not always up to date, that does not decry the person who set the site up voluntarily I presume, or the updater, again a volunteer I presume. It is a statement of critisism, that it is not an easy site to get around. Am I picking on the volunteers, of course not.

Well, you need to really start to understand how some people are feeling Taffy.

Like you say all criticism is useful, even if it is only for discerning the critics' attitudes.

• Like 2

My suggestion would be that the one missing the point is yourself.

To put some context on this for you.

If a social media platform, forum, twitter account, whatever, was set up relating to “shops in Berwick” and day in, day out, you got posters the equivalent of you and screm on it banging on about your shop with sarcy comments, and utter p*sh such as “Taffys shop is promoting decent deals” in the same patronising tone screm chooses to post, after a while it would get on your wick once you started to realise it isn’t “criticism”, comments like “that shops just sells cheap crap” being made with very little substance or “I would stock Tag Heuer if it was my shop”, then, and only then would you be able to “get the point”.

However the difference you would find is, if that did happen you wouldn’t get comments like that as the majority of people don’t need to act like an utter d*ck all the time in the way a few people decide to on this forum and Berwick threads in particual do for some reason.

Its tiresome p*sh.

Screms comment was pretty much saying Berwick will bother to promote the meeting on their site this week, said in a sleekit sarcy tone, its not criticism its just an utter wanky thing to do.

Edited by wjm
  • Like 4

My suggestion would be that the one missing the point is yourself.

To put some context on this for you.

If a social media platform, forum, twitter account, whatever, was set up relating to “shops in Berwick” and day in, day out, you got posters the equivalent of you and screm on it banging on about your shop with sarcy comments, and utter p*sh such as “Taffys shop is promotion decent deals” in the same patronising tone screm chooses to post, after a while it would get on your wick once you started to realise it isn’t “criticism”, comments like “that shops just sells cheap crap” being made with very little substance or “I would stock Tag Heuer if it was my shop”, then, and only then would you be able to “get the point”.

However the difference you would find is, if that did happen you wouldn’t get comments like that as the majority of people don’t need to act like an utter d*ck all the time in the way a few people decide to on this forum and Berwick threads in particual do for some reason.

Its tiresome p*sh.

Screms comment was pretty much saying Berwick will bother to promote the meeting on their site this week, said in a sleekit sarcy tone, its not criticism its just an utter wanky thing to do.

Quite, it is cheap and easy.

The club is not beyond criticism, for example, I thought the Harry Potter type press release was a bit naff, and I said so.

But, everything else I think has been above expectations. However, I come on here an post my positive opinion and get slagged for it.

Why?

I supported Peter Waite, for all his faults.

I supported the unrelated to the previous Waites.

Why?

Because it is a massive commitment to keep a speedway club going, and I want to make sure that their commitment was at least appreciated by some.

I really don't see what is wrong with that.

Knocking the club on a forum is really rather sad.

• Like 2

Quite, it is cheap and easy.

The club is not beyond criticism, for example, I thought the Harry Potter type press release was a bit naff, and I said so.

But, everything else I think has been above expectations. However, I come on here an post my positive opinion and get slagged for it.

Why?

I supported Peter Waite, for all his faults.

I supported the unrelated to the previous Waites.

Why?

Because it is a massive commitment to keep a speedway club going, and I want to make sure that their commitment was at least appreciated by some.

I really don't see what is wrong with that.

Knocking the club on a forum is really rather sad.

They aren’t “above criticism” no one is.

The problem with threads on here is the definition of “criticism” or "opinion"

I can say what the hell I want, true or not, but as long as I put, aww its just my opinion......its fine, No, that’s actually not how it works.

If John Terry had said what he supposedly did to Anton Ferdinand but said “aucht that’s just my opinion” he is still an idiot and a racist.

Fromafar can praise and be critical of Berwick in equal measure and its rarely done in the sleekit way of certain others.

No doubt the “brown nose” p*sh will come out from taffy, the point he will miss, again. isnt that “brown nosing” goes on, but when you come out with the hyperbole dog sh*t that you get when it comes to “criticism” the “criticism” is that black (and on occasion false), that the only reply you are going to get is white.

Edited by wjm
  • Like 1

It is more than obvious that messers Big eddie and WJM do not like Taffy.

A note gentlemen, and I use that title caustiously. It was Taffy that convinced me to return to speedway this season,when I came back to live in Berwick, he also convinced one of my neighbours to go aswell. I bring my two boys and my neighbour comes along with his daughter sometimes our wives come with us. This week I have clients from work coming up for the weekend, we are bringing them to speedway, six adults and three childrenn, who all want a programme, chips and a can of coke.

I havn't noticed Taffy (Tourettes if Iam not mistaken) posting a great deal , however I only know about this season. I fear you two posters do more damage to Berwick Speedway than you realise, especially WJM. You both certainly would put me off. So I will thank Taffy for introducing me back to speedway, my kids

• Like 4

It is more than obvious that messers Big eddie and WJM do not like Taffy.

A note gentlemen, and I use that title caustiously. It was Taffy that convinced me to return to speedway this season,when I came back to live in Berwick, he also convinced one of my neighbours to go aswell. I bring my two boys and my neighbour comes along with his daughter sometimes our wives come with us. This week I have clients from work coming up for the weekend, we are bringing them to speedway, six adults and three childrenn, who all want a programme, chips and a can of coke.

I havn't noticed Taffy (Tourettes if Iam not mistaken) posting a great deal , however I only know about this season. I fear you two posters do more damage to Berwick Speedway than you realise, especially WJM. You both certainly would put me off. So I will thank Taffy for introducing me back to speedway, my kids

Nae bother, enjoy watching the bandits.

'taffy' thinks he knows all but know nowt