British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fairplay1

Glasgow V Berwick 21/10/2012

So is John Anderson talking cobblers, or have you stepped in as sponsor?

Whatever there's left of the NL after the winter surely isn't the answer.

Berwick struggled to get crowds in for the PL before they slashed the admission price. There is little or no appetite for NL racing in Berwick, plus there's the enormous distance for all the other NL sides to travel.

Edited by Shadders

So is John Anderson talking cobblers, or have you stepped in as sponsor?

Whatever there's left of the NL after the winter surely isn't the answer.

As main team sponsor,no,but I do my little bit.

You maybe right,if a main team sponsor and others arent found maybe we wont run atall.

Like I posted earlier,I though Berwick wouldve done the necessary not to be riding next saturday,lets hope the missing fans turn out for the Final.

I Agree we need all the regular fans to bring a mate or 3 presuming it is still a tenner entry hopefully we get a dry night

I Agree we need all the regular fans to bring a mate or 3 presuming it is still a tenner entry hopefully we get a dry night

Dont worry,our official site will pull-out all the stops over the next 6 days,reduced admission,attributed quotes to all our officialls and a big announcement. :D

Berwick struggled to get crowds in for the PL before they slashed the admission price. There is little or no appetite for NL racing in Berwick, plus there's the enormous distance for all the other NL sides to travel.

Exactly, I don't understand the "which league" comment unless they're looking at the EL lol.

Well done Berwick , best team on the day . But it was pretty dire stuff . Usual gate and go stuff on a freezing cold day , lets just say i'm not sorry to see the back of that season . Berwick look to have unearthed a good un in Nikki Barrett , a steal on his 3-75 average for next season .

Dont worry,our official site will pull-out all the stops over the next 6 days,reduced admission,attributed quotes to all our officialls and a big announcement. :D

So would that be a hint that you'd like to take over running the website, or what?

I would say that yes, Bandits will indeed advertise the tenner admission to a Trophy Final and yes the management will be quoted in the media.

What would you suggest instead - that they keep the meeting a secret?

• Like 3

Like I posted earlier,I though Berwick wouldve done the necessary not to be riding next saturday,lets hope the missing fans turn out for the Final.

Why should we conspire to lose today, we could have let Redcar win at Berwick and bring the season to a close if we wanted to end the season at home ,you are getting a bit carried away again.Barret and Dyer showed us today why they should be pencilled in for reserves next seaon both a steal on their average.
  • Like 4

Yeah, ending the home fixtures with (another) defeat, that would be a cunning plan.

No one would have been surprised - or cared - if Berwick had been eliminated from the competition today.

Now John Anderson get the chance to cover the losses from a home fixture in which very few people will care enough to turn out & pay to watch as well as paying wages for the away leg.

What a thoroughly profound statement.

Well done Bandits, a nice away win with a good performance from Barrett whets the whistle a little bit for next season.

• Like 3

Yeah, ending the home fixtures with (another) defeat, that would be a cunning plan.

No one would have been surprised - or cared - if Berwick had been eliminated from the competition today.

Now John Anderson get the chance to cover the losses from a home fixture in which very few people will care enough to turn out & pay to watch as well as paying wages for the away leg.

You seem to know the Financial Affairs of Berwick ,can you quote actual figures regarding covering these losses on Sat or are you just waffling on on usual.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

Well i cared so you got that one wrong.

• Like 2

A very proud bandit after today...where can I get a dvd of the meeting?

• Like 1