British Speedway Forum
EC Rides Again

Adam Ellis To Which Pl Club ?

it was announced on the island last night that adam has signed up to ride for the islanders next season. the lad is a great prospect and lakeside were quick off the mark in signing him as a full hammers asset. well done to them. :approve:

• Like 1

it was announced on the island last night that adam has signed up to ride for the islanders next season. the lad is a great prospect and lakeside were quick off the mark in signing him as a full hammers asset. well done to them. :approve:

Isnt it a conflict of interest that Vatcher is in charge of the GB youngsters etc,on expenses,yet can sign these lads as assets for Lakeside??

• Like 1

Isnt it a conflict of interest that Vatcher is in charge of the GB youngsters etc,on expenses,yet can sign these lads as assets for Lakeside??

Surely it's a perk of the job. Phil Morris has the same perk too. Peter Oakes got a few youngsters to Brandon in his time too.

that's a fair point but speedway is a sport governed by self intrest.
  • Like 1

Surely it's a perk of the job. Phil Morris has the same perk too. Peter Oakes got a few youngsters to Brandon in his time too.

Yes i agree its a perk of the job but its a wonder the other promotions dont kick off the there money is being spent on Vatcher etc travelling around picking up talent the use for the own clubs,

Yes i agree its a perk of the job but its a wonder the other promotions dont kick off the there money is being spent on Vatcher etc travelling around picking up talent the use for the own clubs,

I'm sure the other promoters would be welcome at all the meetings that Vatch & Phil attend with our youngsters. The talent has been on display all year, trouble is our promoters, with one or two exceptions aren't interested in that level of speedway.

• Like 5

I'm sure the other promoters would be welcome at all the meetings that Vatch & Phil attend with our youngsters. The talent has been on display all year, trouble is our promoters, with one or two exceptions aren't interested in that level of speedway.

Very true but my point was more the fact that they have the possiblity to see the best of the talent,both home and abroad while be paid to travel,

I think if he went Premier he would end up at Somerset.

Maybe he's going to join one of the new clubs mentioned on this site, Slough, Crisis or Jeopardy?

• Like 2

About time they stopped this crap with riders allowed to become an asset without riding for the club in question (EL), would be much better if he was an asset for the Islanders & was then sold to Lakeside when he was ready. Would mean a NL team with little money, benefited later from giving him track time.

this is 1 of the problems in the sport elitte clubs can sign riders who never ride any where near the elittle league for years if at all but prem league clubs have to use them to retain them as a asset
  • Like 2

I agree. In fact they don't need to travel around. They only need to look at the score sheets to know where the talent is. if certain promoters can dig out the emerging talent from Sweden, Poland and Denmark, they should have no trouble at all in finding who are the talented juniors in out own country. Not only are most promoters not interested in that level of speedway, as you say. but they find it easier to pay a lot more money for the ready made article from abroad rather than do a bit of work in developing home-grown riders. The trouble is, having spent a fortune on young foreign mercenaries they then moan about the amount of money they are losing each year.

About time they stopped this crap with riders allowed to become an asset without riding for the club in question (EL), would be much better if he was an asset for the Islanders & was then sold to Lakeside when he was ready. Would mean a NL team with little money, benefited later from giving him track time.

Why ? Isle of Wight could have signed him if they wanted to but they have limited finances. Under this arrangement the Islanders still keep their rider for at least another year for very little initial outlay.

Far better that Adam goes to a club where he will get the benefit of being with experienced riders, and learning a lot more about things like set-ups far more quickly.

Its more than just a perk. The promotion also have to have a policy of signing young British riders. Its more than just a coincidence that Rob Mear, Marc Owen, Shane Hazelden, Ritchie Worrall, Jack Kingston and now Adam Ellis have all finished up on Lakeside's books.

Edited by Custer Mouse

Its more than just a perk. The promotion also have to have a policy of signing young British riders. Its more than just a coincidence that Rob Mear, Marc Owen, Shane Hazelden, Ritchie Worrall, Jack Kingston and now Adam Ellis have all finished up on Lakeside's books.

Since when has Richie been on Lakesides books?? i thought he belonged to Scunny

Edited by montie

Why ? Isle of Wight could have signed him if they wanted to but they have limited finances. Under this arrangement the Islanders still keep their rider for at least another year for very little initial outlay.

Far better that Adam goes to a club where he will get the benefit of being with experienced riders, and learning a lot more about things like set-ups far more quickly.

Why you ask...The point is, he is actually riding for the Isle of Wight & shouldn't need to be signed, he would automically become an asset if the same rules where in place as for PL clubs! He has nothing at all to do with Lakeside...for every one you mention that lakeside have brought on there is a Jerran Hart who hasnt made it. For me they should have to ride for any side before being made an asset, no wonder this sport is a farce. Also I think you have incorrectly quoted Richie Worral as an asset, now for him Lakeside will have to pay properly as he is a Scunthorpe asset.

• Like 1