British Speedway Forum
EC Rides Again

Adam Ellis To Which Pl Club ?

If Lakeside or any other Team for that matter want to sign young riders, then enter a Team in the NL, dont just talk about it, do it.

I think if he went Premier he would end up at Somerset.

Not next season as we have Tom but I watched him on the island and he looked as good if not better than Kyle Hughes so would love to give him a chance!

Since when has Richie been on Lakesides books?? i thought he belonged to Scunny

Sorry you are right and I stand corrected. They were buying him but his injury seems to have halted the process. I think its now watch this as he seems to have signed for next year so presumably the full purchase will start when his leg is know to have fully healed.

Yes i agree its a perk of the job but its a wonder the other promotions dont kick off the there money is being spent on Vatcher etc travelling around picking up talent the use for the own clubs,

With regards to Adam Ellis, his family have been friends with Phil Morris for many years and as many of you will know Adam and his family are based in France.

Adam's focus was firmly on grasstrack/longtrack, but Phil encouraged him he should give speedway a crack and invited him over to Birmingham for his farewell meeting.

Adam's progression on a speedway since that night in September 2011 has been stunning, so instead of having a pop about getting paid to travel round the country etc, how about giving the guy some credit for channelling a superb talent into British Speedway.

If you speak to the up and coming Brits they will tell you Phil interest is to develop their abilities on a bike, not using his role to sign talent for the team he is involved with.

Think there may be a little envy from some within the sport that Phil has the respect of these lads!

Edited by The H Man
  • Like 3

With regards to Adam Ellis, his family have been friends with Phil Morris for many years and as many of you will know Adam and his family are based in France.

Adam's focus was firmly on grasstrack/longtrack, but Phil encouraged him he should give speedway a crack and invited him over to Birmingham for his farewell meeting.

Adam's progression on a speedway since that night in September 2011 has been stunning, so instead of having a pop about getting paid to travel round the country etc, how about giving the guy some credit for channelling a superb talent into British Speedway.

If you speak to the up and coming Brits they will tell you Phil interest is to develop their abilities on a bike, not using his role to sign talent for the team he is involved with.

Think there may be a little envy from some within the sport that Phil has the respect of these lads!

Please be so kind as to read my post again,im not having a pop i simply ask the question of being incharge of he young ones and a team manager in the EL is a"conflict of interest",

I have no idea of the work they do or dont do,nor do i care,i get to see riders develop before most being a fan of Scunny,i just asked if my thoughts could be right

• Like 1

You can see where accusations of 'conflict of interests' can be made though.Really in an ideal world these sort of youth development jobs should be done by independant people,like Erik Gundersen in Denmark.....don't think he has any link to any Danish club?

• Like 1

Blimey !

All I wanted to know was who Adam might turn out for in thr PL next year. I didn't mean to start an argument about the right and wrongs of the assett system in British Speedway................. but thinking about it................ no, that can wait for another thread.

Seems no-one knows where he'll end up, other than for the Islanders in the NL.

Well if you want to see him he's guesting for Ipswich at Somerset on Friday. Phil Morris has been a family friend for nearly 20 years and paid money out of his own pocket to have adam ride at his meeting last year. Neil Vatcher has advised adam independently and actually told him to hold back on signing for any clubs until he was sure of what he wanted. It's funny that other promoters only expressed an interest after Adams decision was made His family had already spent thousands going backwards and forwards doing second halves yet no other clubs were willing to even visit the tracks he was riding at to check him out.

I can remember Peter Oakes going to Iwade training track and to youth grasstrack meetings to 'eye up' the talent. Any promoter can do the same , if they can be bothered.

Instead of critisicing Neil Vatcher we should be embracing the fact that we have a new, exciting and obvious talent on a speedway bike and, what's more, he's English !!

• Like 5

I can remember Peter Oakes going to Iwade training track and to youth grasstrack meetings to 'eye up' the talent. Any promoter can do the same , if they can be bothered.

Instead of critisicing Neil Vatcher we should be embracing the fact that we have a new, exciting and obvious talent on a speedway bike and, what's more, he's English !!

Correct. I had Kenny Smith regularly at Northside and Sheffield in 2002/3 to look out for young decent riders, hence the reason why we we had so many Cumbrian's ride for our Gems side. If you don't look, you don't see.

Edited by Tsunami

Correct. I had Kenny Smith regularly at Northside and Sheffield in 2002/3 to look out for young decent riders, hence the reason why we we had so many Cumbrian's ride for our Gems side. If you don't look, you don't see.

but was Ken being paid to do this by the powers that be,that was my point at the start!

It was Adam's father who originally contacted Phil Morris to be included in the British youth championship. Each round involved a nigh on 3,000 km round trip and a ferry. He merits the attention he's getting Its down to riders as well as clubs to make things happen

but was Ken being paid to do this by the powers that be,that was my point at the start!

No, he was doing cos he loved speedway. As you would already know..

My answer was in response to post #25 from Motherread.

I would have preferred it if you had said he was BRITISH. :wink::shock: