British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Edinburgh V Workington (play-offs) - Friday, October 19th (7.30pm)

Guest WTF1

Would it be possible for somebody in authority to issue a statement asap regarding whether this match is going to be rearranged or what the hell is going on,

Would it be possible for somebody in authority to issue a statement asap regarding whether this match is going to be rearranged or what the hell is going on,

The Season Has Been Cancelled.

• Like 4

The following statement was released earlier

Tonights Premier play off meeting between Edinburgh & Workington has been rained off due to Rain

Does that help in any way :D

Not really best if you keep your 5 year old away from the computer.

Sense off humour by pass required the second part of your name is apt right enough :party:

What a shambles this play off system has been, must say if I was a Newcastle supporter I would be pissed off that we had finished top and did not take the League Championship trophy. I appreciate that they ( the BSPA) want to end the season with a bang but let's face it its been a damp squid. No disrespect to those teams in the final play-offs but Newcastle deserve to take the league championship. And certainly in my eyes they are the 2012 PL Champions

...........still can all the promoters at the side of the bonfire on 5th November...............what should happen next???

• Like 1

What a shambles this play off system has been, must say if I was a Newcastle supporter I would be pissed off that we had finished top and did not take the League Championship trophy. I appreciate that they ( the BSPA) want to end the season with a bang but let's face it its been a damp squid. No disrespect to those teams in the final play-offs but Newcastle deserve to take the league championship. And certainly in my eyes they are the 2012 PL Champions

Eh? Thought all SQUID were damp. Something to do with them being in the water. :rolleyes::)

• Like 1

Still seem there is no news on this which isnt the best

In future they should know what is happening in the event of these rain offs then everyone knows

As it stands Somerset have less than a week to try and promote what is the biggest fixture of there season

What a mess the end of season playoffs are turning out to be. Looks like we'll end up with one finalist there because they won a 'mini league', and the other finalist because they beat another team on aggregate. Almost like they're making it up as they're going along. Next year, they may as well just draw straws for the title - quicker, cheaper, and guaranteed not to be affected by rain!

Crikey, fiddled their averages to strengthen more than their rivals mid-season and now they want awarded a final place to avoid the chance of Workington beating Edinburgh! Some clubs are beyond desperate.

Where have you been all season. Nearly all the teams have changed their line ups due to injuries or lack of form. We made ours through an injury to Tom Armstrong Plus 1 other to accomadate 2 incoming riders. IF you have been reading the forums or Speedway Star, you would know it was going to be Tom & M P Toft but their CMA's changed so we could not bring in the 2 riders we wanted. Therefore, we had to let Tero go with Tom. At that point, MPT was still strugling for form with his bikes not performing so he had an engine tuned by a top bloke & has never looked back.

Fiddling-don't think so, Manipulating-again, i don't think so just a bit of tweeking to the team personnel.

finally sense prevails and we can plan for friday and sunday scunthorpe scorpions v somerset rebels pl grand final confirmed on bspa website

Crazy, not a bit of wonder the sport is a laughing stock :cry:

• Like 1