British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Edinburgh V Workington (play-offs) - Friday, October 19th (7.30pm)

If there are no legs run down to a coin toss like elite league cup!!! What a way to become champion!! Double headed coin anyone:-P

Are you suggesting the bspa just put us through at random then made an excuse to fit. Would they!!!!!!!

i wasnt saying that just that i didnt think it was down to the workington v scunny agregate score more that with scunny being ahead on points and workington unlikely to beat edinbrugh the agregate score was maybe used to make it sound more thought through then just a quick solution

i wasnt saying that just that i didnt think it was down to the workington v scunny agregate score more that with scunny being ahead on points and workington unlikely to beat edinbrugh the agregate score was maybe used to make it sound more thought through then just a quick solution

Maybe for next year an emergency set of rules should be drawn up stating what will happen. Although that could be open to abuse with effort to get meetings done.

Also I can understand the cup finals bring left till end but why the semis still they should be done earlier on before a date like end of August so there are not as many left till end of season

We all knew there was to be a play-off. Having 2 leagues probably a mistake. Had it been a normal summer it could have taken place before the end of season without problems. However the final will hopefully take place and as a SCUNNY fan I'm thrilled to bits that its between us and Somerset, at least both teams did finish their PO league meetings. I do however feel sorry for Newcastle because they did top the league with 51 points. 2nd Scunny on 50pts and 3rd Somerset 48pts. Workington come in 4th with 43pts. but at least the 2nd and 3rd teams get the chance. Whether this final gets underway is another matter ( it all depends on the weather) So lets wait for the outcome. Maybe Davidj will get his/her wish and we will get beaten by Somerset, I will acknowledge them as league champs. BUT I still think we are in the final fair and square.....Bring it on!

We all knew there was to be a play-off. Having 2 leagues probably a mistake. Had it been a normal summer it could have taken place before the end of season without problems. However the final will hopefully take place and as a SCUNNY fan I'm thrilled to bits that its between us and Somerset, at least both teams did finish their PO league meetings. I do however feel sorry for Newcastle because they did top the league with 51 points. 2nd Scunny on 50pts and 3rd Somerset 48pts. Workington come in 4th with 43pts. but at least the 2nd and 3rd teams get the chance. Whether this final gets underway is another matter ( it all depends on the weather) So lets wait for the outcome. Maybe Davidj will get his/her wish and we will get beaten by Somerset, I will acknowledge them as league champs BUT I still think . we are in the final fair and square.....Bring it on!

Lets hope so :P !!!!

In hindsight the decision to put back the cut off date for league fixtures was a mistake or at least at that stage they should have put something in place to cover this.

There would have been outrage back then as well and the final 6 may well have been different (i don't think monarchs would have made it). But that would be better than the current debacle, the league shouldn't be decided like this!

btw I agree that the decision made was the only sensible option. Although they should announce now what happens if they cannot get the final raced.

• Like 1