Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Edinburgh V Workington (play-offs) - Friday, October 19th (7.30pm)

Tommy Fenwick can hardly hold down a Saints reserve spot, he is not PL standard by a long way, surely much stronger option available? :oops:

Tommy Fenwick has been riding at No 2 or 4 most of the season for the Saints - not reserve. Give the lad a break.

Good luck Tommy - hope you have a good one on Friday.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Guest WTF1

Tommy Fenwick has been riding at No 2 or 4 most of the season for the Saints - not reserve. Give the lad a break.

Good luck Tommy - hope you have a good one on Friday.

All the best

Rob

Rob ,this is not about getting on Tommy Fenwick's back ,we would all like him to score well and if it was just an Edinburgh v Workington match with no outcome that would bother Scunny fair enough ,but we need Edinburgh to be strong from 1 to7 to account for a Workington side that doesn't usually do well at Edinburgh but i'm sure will be fired up on Friday night

Rob ,this is not about getting on Tommy Fenwick's back ,we would all like him to score well and if it was just an Edinburgh v Workington match with no outcome that would bother Scunny fair enough ,but we need Edinburgh to be strong from 1 to7 to account for a Workington side that doesn't usually do well at Edinburgh but i'm sure will be fired up on Friday night

But the guests for the lower average reserve are very restricted. Newcastle, for example, have been really badly hit trying to find guests in place of Steve Worrall.

It's highly unlikely that Edinburgh would be able to find a guest, using the current rules, capable of scoring more than a point or two.

Tommy will go out there and give it 100% - as Montie has already indicated it's his chance to be a hero.

But, at the end of the day, it's always going to be about how much the other six Edinburgh riders score. It was already much pretty like that when Helfer was riding.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Guest WTF1

But the guests for the lower average reserve are very restricted. Newcastle, for example, have been really badly hit trying to find guests in place of Steve Worrall.

It's highly unlikely that Edinburgh would be able to find a guest, using the current rules, capable of scoring more than a point or two.

Tommy will go out there and give it 100% - as Montie has already indicated it's his chance to be a hero.

But, at the end of the day, it's always going to be about how much the other six Edinburgh riders score. It was already much pretty like that when Helfer was riding.

All the best

Rob

All we can do is hope that none of the main Edinburgh riders get injured, ride as per normal ,and keep fingers well and truly crossed

Edinburgh put local lad Tommy Fenwick in their team.

Glasgow have local lad James McBain in their 1-7.

Berwick have Liam Carr as No 8, use him when they can.

Yet folk are criticising this, presumably wanting these team positions filled by Ukrainians, Slovakians or English riders from 400 miles away?

Yet folk are criticising this, presumably wanting these team positions filled by Ukrainians, Slovakians or English riders from 400 miles away?

Is Tommy local ? just asking.

Very local. I think from Falkirk?

I thought he was from Motocross, a friend of the Worralls and came from the Manchester area.

Moto-X yes, Manchester no.

Definately Scottish. Pretty sure it is Falkirk or Grangemouth.

I stand corrected. I have been looking at him lately and that is what I was told when i asked.

Martin Hastings of Berwick could possibly confirm this.

• Like 1

Moto-X yes, Manchester no.

Definately Scottish. Pretty sure it is Falkirk or Grangemouth.

falkirk

who was Berwicks last young Brit?? Genuine question??

falkirk

Before Liam Carr (Tweedmouth) it would have been Greg Blair.(Jedburgh)

Guest WTF1

falkirk

Doug Wyer

Yeah, Tommy is definitely Scottish.

A couple of things here. Let be honest, there is absolutely no one we could have brought in that would be able to compete with the 2 Workington reserves. I'm not being defeatist, more realistic. They both used to ride for us. What would be the point in paying for someone up from down south to score nothing.

I'm delighted Tommy is getting another chance to see what the PL is all about. The lad has worked his backside off this season to try to make a foothold for himself in the sport. His attitude and effort is genuinely first class and is learning week in, week out. It's not even been a year since he first sat on a speedway bike yet.

• Like 5

Best of luck to tommy tomorrow get out there tommy and do as you all do and give it one hundred per cent ignore these doubters I wonder if they know you have not been doing speedway that long. Would love to see you get out there and score points ( ut not beating the comets) and yes we're mates with tommy .