British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Edinburgh V Workington (play-offs) - Friday, October 19th (7.30pm)

Helfer is racing in a lot of end of season continental meetings according to reports Mr Snaps.. On another subject i see that Richard 'Rastaman' Lawson is being replaced by guest Aaron Summers on friday as his shoulder 'hasnt responded to treatment'. Call me Mr Cynical but isnt this is just a wee bit convenient after Richards pish poor showings at Armadale in the recent past,and last saturdays ahem grasstrack meeting at Derwent Park?! :unsure: I'm prepared to be shot down in flames for doubting the poor wee soul.. if he has an excuse note written and signed by his mammy of course.. ;):P

dislocated his shoulder at newcasatle sunday is good enough reason i would think

aye i bet he's as sick as a Blackpool donkey...

dont think hes that bad

hope not anyway i want to see him ride again

Tommy Fenwick can hardly hold down a Saints reserve spot, he is not PL standard by a long way, surely much stronger option available? :oops:for one tommy has never rode at reserve for saints !!! He has held a spot all season , give the lad a break less than one year on a bike !!! Get a life you arse!!!

For all you that seem to be giving tommy grief !!! The lad has been in the saints team on his merit and what the promotion see in him, less than a year on a bike !! His determination is second to none . That's what is wrong with British instead of slating him or any other why not try and support them , I don't hide behind a alias on here anyone got any issues about what I have said .. I mechanic for tommy and see both sides of this sport

• Like 8

First and foremost I am a Scorpion supporter. I want to see us in the final . With all due respect Tommy is not up to PL level as even the most fervent Tommy supporter ,friend ,family or mechanic should admit. He has had odd flashes of form for the Saints ( I have watched him all season too) and I am sure, given time he may well come more to the fore,however as far as being in the Monarchs line up, the Comets must be rubbing their hands.

This is not the time to be put up against a full strength Comet team in such a crucial match that affects the Scorpions league final aspirations. It puts undue pressure on the lad against seasoned campaigners -I also watched Kyle and Ash come through the Saints ranks but be propelled upwards in a far more controlled fashion.

I wish young Tommy well but fear Edinburgh have made a big mistake with a weaker line up-go ahead Tommy and make me eat my words and score a maximum :t:

• Like 2

Looking at the forecast this morning on the TV the weather may have its part to play in the meeting,can they run at Armadale any evening or is there an off race night??

Our alternate race nite is Saturday i think.. Crowds are always poor tho

Maybe John Campbell will be hoping for a rain off as in last weeks prog he claimed the previous Fridays crowd was in the bottom 5 and in SS this week said last weeks crowd was 200 below breaking even; a loss of a over £3000 and Monarchs cannot qualify unfortunately therefore cant see their rides taking any chances [quite right ]

i have a lot of respect for tommy, it is very difficult for a young scot to get decent speedway experience. to travel all the way to scunny for your nearest league meeting for very little (i assume) reward. he is frequently at armadale for 2nd halfs so it is a nice little reward for him to get to race in a monarchs race jacket and hopefully a boost to his confidence. it will be a big surprise if he scores any points but will be good experience.

i would far rather we had a full team but that has not been possible for a number of matches and missing cookie has cost us dear at the business end of the season. you also cannot blame monarchs for taking the cheaper option given it is the last match of the season with nothing for us to play for and it is not tommy's score that will decide the result.

as we all know guests can make you stronger or weaker for example masters for scunny a couple of weeks ago got you a point at the dale. this is likely to be the difference between scunny and monarchs making the final. most teams will have their own sob story. rules of speedway an imperfect sport that we all love.

Just out of interest, who do those who are unhappy at Tommy getting the chance think Edinburgh should have gone for?

bear in mind they are only allowed a NL guest, they have been vocal in recent weeks about costs, Tommy is local and has come on incredibly well in the short time he has been racing plus he rides Armadale regularly and will know it better than most NL guests they could call on?

Yes there is a good chance he will score 0 but that could be down to the opposition as much as anything - after all against Dyer and Helfer the Worky reserves scored paid 9 and paid 11 at the end of July. Is there an NL rider available and willing that could really be expected to rack up the points against that pair?

Much as it can stick in the craw wishing Edinburgh well :P , good luck Tommy, enjoy the experience, I am sure he will learn from it and hey, who knows he might surprise one or two doubters

• Like 8

Guest WTF1

Just out of interest, who do those who are unhappy at Tommy getting the chance think Edinburgh should have gone for?

bear in mind they are only allowed a NL guest, they have been vocal in recent weeks about costs, Tommy is local and has come on incredibly well in the short time he has been racing plus he rides Armadale regularly and will know it better than most NL guests they could call on?

Yes there is a good chance he will score 0 but that could be down to the opposition as much as anything - after all against Dyer and Helfer the Worky reserves scored paid 9 and paid 11 at the end of July. Is there an NL rider available and willing that could really be expected to rack up the points against that pair?

Much as it can stick in the craw wishing Edinburgh well :P , good luck Tommy, enjoy the experience, I am sure he will learn from it and hey, who knows he might surprise one or two doubters

How about Tom Young?

Tommy just get out there and do your best and ignore all those that are putting you down .they know nothing about you or how you got in to the funny old game of speedway every time you go out you give one hundred per cent you have only been racing a very short time .i believe you have got what it takes to make it .all these keyboard warriors bet would not say to your face .for all of yous my name is Susan roper

• Like 1

Tommy just get out there and do your best and ignore all those that are putting you down .they know nothing about you or how you got in to the funny old game of speedway every time you go out you give one hundred per cent you have only been racing a very short time .i believe you have got what it takes to make it .all these keyboard warriors bet would not say to your face .for all of yous my name is Susan roper

I dont know Tommy but am all for giving local lads a chance as has been said hes done second halves at Armadale good luck to him.You are not the grand daughter of George and Mildred are you ?
  • Like 2

Chooseing Tommy will i think have same result as any NL guest around Edinburgh,hes a local lad and you cant blame Edinburgh for using him,in the long run its exactly how it should work,local lads in local teams

Good luck Tommy

• Like 3

Local lads in local teams is how it should be?.....all I can say is "there would be a load of crap teams about including Scunny!" ....Anyway Good luck Tommy-stay safe!

How about Tom Young?

That'll be Tom Young.... from Newport. Tom Young's done absolutely brilliantly this year, but do you really expect Edinburgh to ask Tom to drive all the way from Newport on a grotty day, when Tommy Fenwick is on the doorstep?

Good luck tonight Tommy.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

thanks Rob, saves me typing it out! lol

I'll let others decide whether its a case of fools or great minds!

• Like 1