British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Ipswich V Rye House Pct 18th October

But are they at Sheffield?

And when -- Redcar can only stage Final on Thursday 25th, Berwick on Saturday 27th.

I think the sensiblr thing would be for Rye to go through and scrap the trip to Sheffield.

That said there was mention of a neutral venue for the Sheff match so you never know!

The cynical amongst us would suggest the Witches threw this one away so they wouldn't be involved in any more meetings in the last 13 days of the season !

Concentrate on the other more meaningful cup competitions and forget about this one ?

Your guess is as good as mine but after initially looking really good there was to me a visible element of a lethargic nature .

Lets just hope they can get some fight and spirit going for the visit to Somerset tomorrow !

Rye House host Sheffield this Saturday so really you would fancy them for 3 points?

I was taking that as a given hence the need for a big win for the Witches at Sheffield.

Rye 2x3 point home wins, 2 pts at Sheff and 1 at Ipswich = 9 pts

Ipswich 3+2 at home, nothing at Rye plus Sheff away need 4 pts from big win = 9pts

Then its down to race points.

The rumours were rife tonight about the Sheffield meeting. Most suggestions were that it could/would be ridden at Leicester or Scunny, then someone said came up with a good un, as Sheffield are at Rye on Saturday, why not have a double header. Either way Mr Machin will lose money, i suppose he'll pick the lesser of two evils (if he has to).

Once again some good racing tonight, but as allready suggested, it did look as if we didn't really want to win, but that could be doing a disservice to Rye. Probably (and not unexpectedly) the smallest crowd of the season, but nowhere as poor as most had anticipated. The form of Taylor and Rohan is still a big worry with the two finals coming up, really puts the pressure on the four that are riding well.

So many points thrown away by Rye suggested to me that they would have been happy for Ipswich to take all three points but so poor are the witches that they couldn't even manage that. With Gjedde at no 1 rather than an Ipswich rider guesting against Ipswich it would have been pretty embarassing for the home side.

So many points thrown away by Rye suggested to me that they would have been happy for Ipswich to take all three points but so poor are the witches that they couldn't even manage that. With Gjedde at no 1 rather than an Ipswich rider guesting against Ipswich it would have been pretty embarassing for the home side.

Pack away your rod and go home!!

Pack away your rod and go home!!

Thats a pretty typical post from westhamboy66 where Ipswich are concerned.

Take whatever he says on an Ipswich thread with a large pinch of salt.

• Like 1

Perhaps as most of the Northern teams have fixture problems they will all withdraw from the PCT. This would leave the two legged final against Rye House. as they are the only two teams left in the competition.

The competition has become a farce or the sport and the way its run by the clubs and those in charge ?

Can't blame the poor weather on the BSPA

Perhaps as most of the Northern teams have fixture problems they will all withdraw from the PCT. This would leave the two legged final against Rye House. as they are the only two teams left in the competition.

Only one fixture left to complete, Glasgow v Berwick today. A Glasgow victory will result in all three clubs (Redcar are the third) finishing on 6 points. If Berwick manage to hold Glasgow to 11 points they will go through - something the bandits achieved on their last visit. However, today's match has no less than 5 guests and one RR so who knows or even cares!