British Speedway Forum

Tai may have great potential, but is he in that group of fifteen on merit?

Racer Dave is right. Tai is in the GP series, so he should be supported. I will be supporting him, but reserve the right to query the decision that got him in there.

The same could be said of Darcy Ward. Tai had and has my backing 110%

Spot on.

I like Tai but he does not deserve his place in SGP.

Jury may have been out, but is it now?

Because he's not going to have many riders behind him, just the 3 in front each heat :o

Quack quack oops :approve:

<p><br />

</p>

Lets hope he gets a fast engagement ring,might be quicker in the gp next year.

Quack quack oops 2.

Heard Tai is set to be sponsored by Audi as his GP scorecard is highly likely to resemble their logo.

Just plain Quack.

My take on it:

He is British.

He has no chance of making a gp final.

He will finish 15th

On top of that i hope i am proved wrong and he makes finals and finishes higher up.

Is he better than Bomber? Maybe

Does he have Bombers experiance? No

This years field is far superior to last years. Put Bomber in this line up and he to would be 14th or 15th. just shows how bad we have become over the years.

Thankfully Tai looks like we finally have a Brit capable of putting in a challenge then!

Ok, so which four or five riders will he finish ahead of then?

Just the 8. :approve:

He's proved it, won't be World Champ but he IS ready for the GP challenge. Correct choice for the Brit Wild Card

Spot on. Great start for the lad who looks like he completely belongs in the top 15.

No doubt the whingers will say it was a one off, wont repeat it etc etc. Or they may sensibly just stay quiet. :t:

• Like 2

Good start to the GP's for Tai. Let's hope some of the doubters were choking on their cereal this morning.

Fair play to the lad, 1 GP down and he did well. 9 points each GP wouldn't be a disaster. It thought ti was a good 9 points too, often hasling the guy in front. 1 more point in the heats would have meant a better gate in the semis and then who knows. Looked fast, confident and rode sensible lines well. I may be wrong - that said, one GP doesn't make a series.... I was happy to being wrong this mornning/last night though.

Nice effort from Woffinden. By the looks of things he may have got one of the fast engines he was hoping for.

Great effort from Tai to be fair. I thought he would struggle in nearly all the GP's so to see him well on the pace was good. His whole approach seems to be more professional and I'm delighted to be wrong about his chances. Really hope he can keep it going and be a Brit that qualifies for the next series without the need for being seeded.

Very impressed with young Mr Woffinden, I must say, more please. :approve:

Very impressed with young Mr Woffinden, I must say, more please. :approve:

Totally agree, was on the pace all night and looked every inch a GP rider. Nice one Tai

Tai was excellent but its a little early for 'I told you so' or rubbishing people's predictions. With such a strong field I'd be keeping quiet for a few rounds yet.

Very much hope he can maintain that standard though.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

Agree with Baggy, one swallow doesn't make a Summer!

Agree with Baggy, one swallow doesn't make a Summer!

Makes a very good night tho :o:P:party:

• Like 6

Tai was excellent but its a little early for 'I told you so' or rubbishing people's predictions. With such a strong field I'd be keeping quiet for a few round yet.

Very much hope he can maintain that standard though.

With some saying that he is expected to be stone last before a wheel has been turned, perhaps those comments shouldn't have been made in the 1st place!

A top 8 start is a good way to start, lets concentrate on that instead.

Why shouldn't they? Just like with the EL, somebody will finish top and somebody bottom, and while there's no speedway happening people on here like to pass the time and have a bit of fun by predicting who might finish in those positions.

I really don't get why you take predictions so personally. And if you really have to take the mickey out of what people have predicted, at least wait until the end of the season when everything has been decided!

• Like 1

Why shouldn't they? Just like with the EL, somebody will finish top and somebody bottom, and while there's no speedway happening people on here like to pass the time and have a bit of fun by predicting who might finish in those positions.

I really don't get why you take predictions so personally. And if you really have to take the mickey out of what people have predicted, at least wait until the end of the season when everything has been decided!

The only predictions i think are harsh are the ones that say a rider/team will/wont do this or that.

To say Tai will only see back wheels is harsh and has already shown that not to be the case.

Sometimes its fun to rubbish such claims!

Brum piping up after one round. Hardly surprising.