British Speedway Forum

It makes me sick to see so many people doubting the kids inclusion in next years GP. Fair enough he may not have had the kind of year we or he'd have hoped for to "prove" his worth but come on, the lad hasn't even turned a wheel of the 2013 season and he's got a whole winter to reflect and prepare for it and I'm sure as hell he'll need every single fan behind him he can get - He's included next year whether you like it or not so get used to it and get behind the kid instead of sitting on an internet forum slating the guy, I'm sure he'll be there in March ready to give it all he's got.

• Like 8

We know he's switching engine tuners for next year, and with extra sponsorship it's a possibility that he could do better than expected.

Lets be honest though, he can't really do much worse than Bomber did, and that's no disrespect to him, we know what he is capable of. He's just had a bad couple of years.

The argument is not necessarily about Tai Woffinden as an individual, nor is it about attitude It is about the choice of a rider for the GP series because of his nationality, rather than his ability.

The fifteen members of the GP series should be the fifteen best riders in the world, as nearly as possible. Tai may have great potential, but is he in that group of fifteen on merit?

There will be a British rider at Cardiff (the only venue where it really matters) by virtue of the inclusion of the winner of the British final, so, unless the inclusion of a British rider on nationality alone could affect the negotiations over GP rights, where is the requirement to pick a British rider?

Racer Dave is right. Tai is in the GP series, so he should be supported. I will be supporting him, but reserve the right to query the decision that got him in there.

• Like 1

The funny thing about this whole debate is that if wild cards didn't exist then none of this would have happened. The 15 best riders in the world would be there off their own backs and that alone.

Although this opens up the debate of injured riders such as Jarek who deserves his place but would have been denied it in 2013 if it wasn't for wild cards.

Oh I don't know. I'm going to go bury my head in a rather large plant pot.

It makes me sick to see so many people doubting the kids inclusion in next years GP. Fair enough he may not have had the kind of year we or he'd have hoped for to "prove" his worth but come on, the lad hasn't even turned a wheel of the 2013 season and he's got a whole winter to reflect and prepare for it and I'm sure as hell he'll need every single fan behind him he can get - He's included next year whether you like it or not so get used to it and get behind the kid instead of sitting on an internet forum slating the guy, I'm sure he'll be there in March ready to give it all he's got.

Aww bless.

• Like 1

He was allegedly chosen over MJJ for commercial reasons - to maintain British media interest. The irony now being that Sky won't be showing the 2013 series.

Edited by Sotonian
  • Like 2

Why does he need " every single fan behind him he can get" to succeed?

Racer dave you have hit the nail on the head and i agree with what you are saying

Lets give the kid a chance before people start ripping him to bits no he,s 1st season in the

Gp was not great but maybe he,s grown up a bit and knows what its all about for next year

Anyway lets just get behind the kid ripping into him before a wheel has turned is not going to

help his confidence.

Good Luck Tia

The argument is not necessarily about Tai Woffinden as an individual, nor is it about attitude It is about the choice of a rider for the GP series because of his nationality, rather than his ability.

The fifteen members of the GP series should be the fifteen best riders in the world, as nearly as possible. Tai may have great potential, but is he in that group of fifteen on merit?

There will be a British rider at Cardiff (the only venue where it really matters) by virtue of the inclusion of the winner of the British final, so, unless the inclusion of a British rider on nationality alone could affect the negotiations over GP rights, where is the requirement to pick a British rider?

Racer Dave is right. Tai is in the GP series, so he should be supported. I will be supporting him, but reserve the right to query the decision that got him in there.

Spot on.

I like Tai but he does not deserve his place in SGP. But he is there and I will shout for him in every GP the same way I used to support Chris although probably not using as many swear words :)

Still think it gives us no benefit when our riders do not have to strive to be in SGP.

But the SGP pick the picks and the rest is as they say ....history :)

Is Tai sponsered by Monster Energy? If he is (i saw him wearing Monster energy stuff on his website when at the SWC) maybe that has something to do with his pick?

• Like 1

Not me.I was driving back from Czecho.what happened?

Not me.I was driving back from Czecho.what happened?

Went down after turn one.

• Like 1

Went down after turn one.

Wasn't called back after an unsatisfactory start then?

• Like 1