British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Somerset V Scunthorpe (play-off Final, 1st Leg), Friday October 26th (7.30pm)

its simple Tommy the gun jorgensen and the reason is as he is not in a premier 1 to 7 you now use his elite ave converted, a MASTER stroke on all parts i think you will agree

Also provided Sam would WANT to ride against Somerset. I thinking that if Jason goes full time Elite next year a top three of Masters,Vissing and Monberg would be quite tasty. The only reason Sam was released was the three into two don`t go problem as explained by the Rebels management at the time. This coupled with his other meeting s meant we would be a rider short. You have to say the management called that one right.If memory serves me right I think Sam has been rider of the year in the two seasons he has been at Somerset. The club supported him over the Twitter incident last year and bought him back this year aswell, so I don`t think it is quite a "master stroke" yet.

Also provided Sam would WANT to ride against Somerset. I thinking that if Jason goes full time Elite next year a top three of Masters,Vissing and Monberg would be quite tasty. The only reason Sam was released was the three into two don`t go problem as explained by the Rebels management at the time. This coupled with his other meeting s meant we would be a rider short. You have to say the management called that one right.If memory serves me right I think Sam has been rider of the year in the two seasons he has been at Somerset. The club supported him over the Twitter incident last year and bought him back this year aswell, so I don`t think it is quite a "master stroke" yet.

Sam Masters booked as a guest for both legs of the final, although his use on Friday is conditional on whether he rides for Poole that night.

Poole MAY be in the KO Cup Final at Coventry on Friday (they still need to overcome Peterborough in the semi-final), and then the Pirates will select from their doubling up pair (Sam Masters / Ludvig Lindgren). If they plump for Sam, then Scunny will need an alternative guest.

http://www.scunthorp...?Team=Scorpions

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Sam Masters for the home leg as well, I know Sam scored well last time he rode at the EWR but apart from that hes looked terrible round Scunny.

The answer is obvious really, get your promoter to build his own track, have access 7 days a week, no curfew and you can re-arrange any rain offs quite easily. Until then stop your crying princess.

Problems were at Edinburgh for re-arranged fixture ya goon :mad: , I really hope Somerset shut you lot up and take the trophy they deserve :approve::party:

v

lemons must have been on the menu then ,scunny raced both edinburgh and workington home and away and on aggregrete beat them both so its fair to say the best team is in the final ,get over it :mad:

Problem wasn't with Worky arranging a re-stage it was Edinburgh, Worky hadn't finished racing against Edinburgh so fair my a"se , COME ON SOMERSET , COME ON SOMERSET :party::P

Problems were at Edinburgh for re-arranged fixture ya goon :mad: , I really hope Somerset shut you lot up and take the trophy they deserve :approve::party:

Problem wasn't with Worky arranging a re-stage it was Edinburgh, Worky hadn't finished racing against Edinburgh so fair my a"se , COME ON SOMERSET , COME ON SOMERSET :party::P

But scunny beat you over agregrete ,they deserve to be in the final, i would go for a lie down in a dark room if i was you

• Like 2

But scunny beat you over agregrete ,they deserve to be in the final, i would go for a lie down in a dark room if i was you

We had a chance at Edinburgh, makes no difference if scunny beat us on agg whatsoever, just got up no need for a lie down

We had a chance at Edinburgh, makes no difference if scunny beat us on agg whatsoever, just got up no need for a lie down

How is it Scunthorpe's fault though? We didn't have anything to do with the Edinburgh v Workington meeting, or the subsequent decision taken. Everyone was on tenterhooks until mid-morning on Saturday.

Scunthorpe finished their play-off matches in good time on Sunday, October 7th. We couldn't do any more than that. It meant doing 3 meetings in 3 days, which is not ideal, but at this stage of the season, you have to accept every date you're given; so Rob and Richard accepted the October 5th date at Armadale when offered, even though we were already riding Workington on the 6th and 7th.

Why there was a match scheduled to take place on the 19th in the first place is beyond me - it was much too late. Until Edinburgh v Scunny was rained off on Sept 28th, the October 5th date was free - I'm perplexed why the Edinburgh v Workington match had already not been confirmed on this date. Maybe you should ask Keith Denham why you weren't already there on the 5th? Maybe Workington didn't accept every date they were given, perhaps?

In the meantime, this thread is about the final. I'm sorry you didn't get your 100/1 shot to win at Edinburgh, but that's life - the weather has messed things up in other competitions as well this season. I wish Workington Speedway the best under the new promotion - Keith Denham did everything he could but it just didn't work out for him. I'm sorry your team didn't win any of the major team competitions in 2012 (although the PL Paris is a very nice consolation and was very much deserved), better luck next year.

Time to move on.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3

Sam Masters booked as a guest for both legs of the final, although his use on Friday is conditional on whether he rides for Poole that night.

Poole MAY be in the KO Cup Final at Coventry on Friday (they still need to overcome Peterborough in the semi-final), and then the Pirates will select from their doubling up pair (Sam Masters / Ludvig Lindgren). If they plump for Sam, then Scunny will need an alternative guest.

http://www.scunthorp...?Team=Scorpions

All the best

Rob

If Sam has agreed to guest for Scunny then I have to say I`m disappointed in him. I know we released him and he has to earn a living, but it sort of feels like he`s biting the hand that`s been feeding him. I`m sure it would not have been the end of the world for him if he had said no. if he now has a good couple of meetings and the Rebels lose, I feel there may a touch of bitterness towards him for taking the booking. It`s probably me being a bit old fashioned, but I suppose that`s the way speedway works. Hope the weather holds and the Rebels pull it off.

If Sam has agreed to guest for Scunny then I have to say I`m disappointed in him. I know we released him and he has to earn a living, but it sort of feels like he`s biting the hand that`s been feeding him. I`m sure it would not have been the end of the world for him if he had said no. if he now has a good couple of meetings and the Rebels lose, I feel there may a touch of bitterness towards him for taking the booking. It`s probably me being a bit old fashioned, but I suppose that`s the way speedway works. Hope the weather holds and the Rebels pull it off.

I'm with you on this Cliffeboy - bit surprised he's chosen to ride as a guest against the only PL team he's been attached to in his short career. Maybe the parting during the Summer was a little more acrimonious than we were led to believe? I've always been a big fan of the lad, but will feel a little betrayed if it turns out to be a 'masters'troke by Scunny... or perhaps he's a double agent ;)

Anyway, hope he does well, but not well enough to prevent the Rebels building up a healthy home advantage - as I'm sure they'll need one!

Edited by Barney Rebel

He certainly didnt seem best pleased about it when interviewed at Scunthorpe earlier in the season when guesting for Glasgow. Make of that what you will.

Cant see why anyone would want to stop a rider making a living though. Show them what your made of Sam.

I see your point to an certain extent, but then again, you did release him. Tero Aarnio rode his bits off against Scunny in the Play-Off matches against us, to demonstrate we'd done the wrong thing in letting him go. Maybe Sam wants to prove the same point.

Maybe he wants to score big time over the course of the final, to make the Somerset management realise that he's indispensible in 2013?

Or maybe he just likes the idea of two more meetings to earn money from.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

How is it Scunthorpe's fault though? We didn't have anything to do with the Edinburgh v Workington meeting, or the subsequent decision taken. Everyone was on tenterhooks until mid-morning on Saturday.

Scunthorpe finished their play-off matches in good time on Sunday, October 7th. We couldn't do any more than that. It meant doing 3 meetings in 3 days, which is not ideal, but at this stage of the season, you have to accept every date you're given; so Rob and Richard accepted the October 5th date at Armadale when offered, even though we were already riding Workington on the 6th and 7th.

Why there was a match scheduled to take place on the 19th in the first place is beyond me - it was much too late. Until Edinburgh v Scunny was rained off on Sept 28th, the October 5th date was free - I'm perplexed why the Edinburgh v Workington match had already not been confirmed on this date. Maybe you should ask Keith Denham why you weren't already there on the 5th? Maybe Workington didn't accept every date they were given, perhaps?

In the meantime, this thread is about the final. I'm sorry you didn't get your 100/1 shot to win at Edinburgh, but that's life - the weather has messed things up in other competitions as well this season. I wish Workington Speedway the best under the new promotion - Keith Denham did everything he could but it just didn't work out for him. I'm sorry your team didn't win any of the major team competitions in 2012 (although the PL Paris is a very nice consolation and was very much deserved), better luck next year.

Time to move on.

All the best

Rob

no one is blaming Scunny?? But they certainly didn't win their group on merit, they won it by default as they rode more meetings than the others and Worky were denied the chance to get through....that's not hard to understand surely?? As for it being a 100/1 chance, given Summers in for Lawson and Tommy Fenwick at reserve....I'd say it was an even money shot.

Nevermind, if both finals are washed out Scunny can be champs as they finished both 2nd and are alphabetically above Somerset...surely what's meant to be a professional sport can do what is required to ensure the silverware is handed out fairly to all teams....the weather has been shocking and hasn't helped, but it's been shocking all season so the powers that be should have planned for this farce happening.

To race all season in a league, have a chance of winning and then have to give it up is ridiculous...the sport is dying on its arse, and this is just another example of why IMO.

• Like 1

no one is blaming Scunny?? But they certainly didn't win their group on merit, they won it by default as they rode more meetings than the others and Worky were denied the chance to get through....that's not hard to understand surely?? As for it being a 100/1 chance, given Summers in for Lawson and Tommy Fenwick at reserve....I'd say it was an even money shot.

Nevermind, if both finals are washed out Scunny can be champs as they finished both 2nd and are alphabetically above Somerset...surely what's meant to be a professional sport can do what is required to ensure the silverware is handed out fairly to all teams....the weather has been shocking and hasn't helped, but it's been shocking all season so the powers that be should have planned for this farce happening.

To race all season in a league, have a chance of winning and then have to give it up is ridiculous...the sport is dying on its arse, and this is just another example of why IMO.

At last someone who isn't a Comets fan understands why we find it difficult to swallow , had the shoe been on the other foot and Workington went through ,be plenty of Scunny fans on here . Its a farce whoever the teams would have been but unfortunately this time Workington were at the receiving end , twice !!

Scunny fans you can be sure Masters will be a lot better than he was when he rode for Somerset !!!!!

I have a feeling that with Sam in the side Scunny will take the aggregate win, I hope I'm wrong though. Sam still has to earn a living so riding against the Rebels shouldn't cause any problems surely.

Best of luck to both sides and hopefully all riders will have safe meetings.