British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Somerset V Scunthorpe (play-off Final, 1st Leg), Friday October 26th (7.30pm)

We would have taken a 5pt advantage before the match. A slick track and rotten luck with chains could have derailed Scorps. But we stuck in there with all Scorps making a contribution. The 8-1 was a tie changer with Josh n Mellgren coming up with the goods. MPT was awesome but was robbed twice with chains off. So to Normanby its hard to see beyond Scorps.....something is happening its written in the stars!

1st trip to the OTA on a bitterly cold night. Very impressed with the facility and a follow up visit on the cards in 2013. Good sprinkling of away fans too.

Scunthorpe were, for my money, the better team and were very unlucky with chain's breaking in excellent scoring positions. There was some good passes none more so than by Vissing in ht 4 to get the better of Morris on the line.

For me the rider of the night was Palm Toft who was great away from the tapes (as were the Scunny boys all night) very Kildemandesque with the way he hung off the bike and rode the outside line. Midland Robin please note.

All in all a good 1st visit but won't be going in October again!

I don't think we should have let them get the tatical anyway role on Sunday!

Assuming the Heat 11 finishing positions were the same, mathematically the tactical didn't make a great deal of differnce, in fact only 1-point in the scores at that point.

I'll explain......Had the Rebels only taken a 4-2, in Heat 10, to prevent the use of the tactical, the score at the end of that heat would have been 34-26, and as I have said, assuming that the Scorpions filled the first two places in the next, then resulting 1-5 would have brought the scores to 35-31, a difference of 4-points as opposed to the 3-point lead in the actual match.

Don't think I'l get my wish after all :blink:;) ,5 points to take to Scunthorpe I feel is not enough at all

After the play off smoking you lot got im not suprised!!!

first time for me at OTA,made very welcome by the rebels fans on the first bend,thanks lads! great result for the scorpions,here's hoping we can finish the job on sunday.