British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe V Somerset (play-off Final, 2nd Leg), ***now Re-staged Monday, October 29th (7.30pm)***

Quick Question. Darcy is what Nationallity? Dakota North is? Sam Masters is? What happened to Sam at Somerset? Maybe if you put two and two together, you may get 6!! Not called for i know, and they shouldn't put that sort of thing on Twiitter for all to see. Garry and Bish did what was right for the club at the time, they want to win the League for the club. Riders get the chop from clubs all the time, its nothing new. Sam is big enough and ugly enough to get over it and move on, he's a talented rider who will get snapped up by a PL club tomorrow. Also, i think you are very much Guessing about Darcys attacker.

My reference to Darcy's attacker was not a serious accusation it was a tongue in cheek remark due to his comment on twitter :approve:

It is good to see that all the riders last night were prepared to give it their all on a track which had taken such a battering from the elements, and with that in mind it shows what a marvellous job the Scunthorpe track staff did at getting the track into a race able condition, well done to them.

Both teams should be proud of what they have achieved this season, I am just sorry that I have not made it to the OTA this year :cry:

Just a quick question, Looking on twitter I see some rather dark comments aimed at Somerset from Sam Masters and Dakota North and can to a certain extent understand their frustrations at the team but what I don't understand is the comment Hate Somerset coming from Darcy Ward!!!, all I can think is that it was a Somerset fan that smacked him around the head as he has no other reason to say such a thing and was glad to take a booking for them against Swindon at the start of the season.

sam masters has good reason to be bitter at somerset promotors, there is so much more to this then people know, what he had to put up with, maybe one day people will know, Sam has done well to say very little. It has effected him mentally & that showed with his riding, but he never gave up on himself & is getting through it. Sam is moving on & will get over it, may take a bit if time, he is only young and a long way from home, support was minimal.
  • Like 1

The rebels fans who did attend the meeting were a credit to your club,after the dissapointment on Sunday thats real commitment to travel back up..noisy bunch too which all added to a great atmosphere.

Both clubs should be very proud of the way last nights meeting played out...shame someone had to lose in the end,but as a long time Scunthorpe fan im very happy right now!

To those who are knocking the use of Hally in ht 15...he absolutely rode his socks off in that race and was so close...no one rides the track better in those situations so i can understand Someset giving him a go

Can't blame Somerset management for not booking someone with a higher average than Hall, with such short notice they were lucky to get anyone. A question, if Hall blew two engines, was he on his own equipment in heat 15, I have never seen more than two bikes in the pits for each rider? Hall may have rode his socks off but I'm sure you are not saying Alex or Claus would not have done the same. One final point, in the last race of the season, when the championship was to be decided, it would have been nice, win or lose, to have had two Rebels in heat 15 who after all got us there in the first place.

Edited by oldtimer

The team managers thought Hall was a better choice for Heat 15 end of.

• Like 2

Can't blame Somerset management for not booking someone with a higher average than Hall, with such short notice they were lucky to get anyone. A question, if Hall blew two engines, was he on his own equipment in heat 15, I have never seen more than two bikes in the pits for each rider? Hall may have rode his socks off but I'm sure you are not saying Alex or Claus would not have done the same. One final point, in the last race of the season, when the championship was to be decided, it would have been nice, win or lose, to have had two Rebels in heat 15 who after all got us there in the first place.

I have no idea if Claus or Davies would have done better..and frankly neither have you..i would say that when Davies gated he looked ok..when he didnt he didnt look likely to pass to some extent the same with Claus.

Im sure the Somerset management made the decision in the absolute best intent..or are you suggesting they deliberately made the wrong choice?

Gate positions were critical and someone had to go off three.my bet is that the riders discussed it and Hally was deemed the best option as a pass would be needed.

Pretty sure Richard was on his own bike..certainly his colours anyway

If Hally had made the pass would you be saying we should have had our own rider in Ht 15..he very nearly did!

Anyway...a great final which went to the wire and very fine margins decided it in the end,which is just how it should be.

• Like 1

Stunning effort by both teams - Somerset riders and fans were a credit to their respective selves- Richard Hall gave absolutely everything - no-one else would have got lose to Auty n Morris- he so very nearly grabbed the Somerset points needed. Great for Scunny and all responsible and concerned - deserved it over the two legs AND the season

• Like 1

Congratulations to Scunthorpe on a fine performance this season on winning the league.

• Like 3

Somerset riders and fans were a credit to their respective selves

it feels great the scunny fan s praising rebels support, credit where it is due you could be in our faces about it but your not

Edited by rebelwonderkid
  • Like 2

it feels great the scunny fan s praising rebels support, credit where it is due you could be in our faces about it but your not

It might be easier for us though after the result but your fans were great throughout, I remember the guy who carries the flag actually thanking the Scunthorpe fans as he walked out of the stadium, I mean the guy must have been gutted but was so gracious in defeat.