Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
ekimba

Edinburgh Champions 2013 ? 😄

Here's hoping

All you can do! I have to be an optimist I support Hearts FC too. Can't see my too teams cease to exist!

All you can do! I have to be an optimist I support Hearts FC too. Can't see my too teams cease to exist!

Bl**dy hell mate. Not a good time for you. I'm sure both will survive. :t:

• Like 1

Bl**dy hell mate. Not a good time for you. I'm sure both will survive. :t:

I certainly hope so.

Reading your posts mate you make intellectual, valid and reasoned points. I think the slight issue is the jist of the thread has now been lost. This is about the future of the club I have followed for 28 years. It's kind of why I choose to read this particular thread. I am interested in what you're saying on other issues, but would surely be more appropriate on a different thread?

Listen it may just be me being a tad pedantic and I don't mind being wrong!

Back to the topic it seems that there are a few more positive noises coming from the monarchs camp. If we were assured of a new home at ingilston in 2014 I totally believe we could run successfully in Armadale in 2013 for one more season. Just my opinion

Can I just say that in the winter of discontent I too spent many months fearing for the future of my team, which has been in operation for 60+ seasons.

During that period I had to sit and read all sorts of stuff posted on this forum about my club and its owners.and much of it was hard to take. It's a fact of life that topics drift off subject and this just one of many.

I will never forgive the people who I feel were responsible for the way my club was treated ,as I felt there was a genuine desire by some to close us down .Mr Harkess was chairman of that bunch, and he did very little to help Coventry.

Having said that, I understand your feelings and I will make no further comments on this particular topic

Nothing i can do about the SFL Feeder club though LOL , but i really think that the Monarchs will come through this as the support that is coming from the fan's in terms off pledges and what we at Glasgow have done to help save our club just goes too show what a great support both the scottish teams have .

I know we have the rivalry and some take it too far mostly in the heat off the moment but deep down there is a definite mutual respect between the two set's off fan's

Right that is the love in finished where is Dekker when you want a good old fashioned slagging match :t:

• Like 1

Nothing i can do about the SFL Feeder club though LOL , but i really think that the Monarchs will come through this as the support that is coming from the fan's in terms off pledges and what we at Glasgow have done to help save our club just goes too show what a great support both the scottish teams have .

I know we have the rivalry and some take it too far mostly in the heat off the moment but deep down there is a definite mutual respect between the two set's off fan's

Right that is the love in finished where is Dekker when you want a good old fashioned slagging match :t:

Hopefully he's fund raising.

• Like 1

Hopefully he's fund raising.

Don't you have to go to do that #justsayin

• Like 1

Brilliant news (hopefully) ��

Hopefully it will be good news.

What would be even better news would be for promoters at the AGM to agree to reduce admission prices by cutting costs ... starting with riders wages - most of which gets spent on trying to get faster machinery and relatively speaking "the riders are standing still".

Hopefully. I also hope we can maybe get further down the Ingilston road for 2014.

I think if we all rally around for 2013 and have a future back in Edinburgh for 2014 a real future.

Although I would settle for 2013 just now, but I hope the club can get a long term future sorted.

• Like 1

The picture which goes with that article - does anyone know which stadium it depicts?

Is this a trick question?

Surely it's a pic of the venue for Monday's meeting, no?

Is this a trick question?

Surely it's a pic of the venue for Monday's meeting, no?

No trick intended. Clearly my knowledge of West Lothian from the air doesn't match your own.

Thanks for the answer though.

No trick intended. Clearly my knowledge of West Lothian from the air doesn't match your own.

Not sure about that. I was just making an educated guess. I Thought you were going to tell me that they had messed up and put some other stadium on :)