Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

New Owners For Workington

:P

I'd only have demanded to know your source :lol:

great news for Workington, Laura deserves to do well and I'm pleased for the Comets fans.

Tyretrax, is it too early to ask for Richard Lawson do you reckon? ;)

:P

I'd only have demanded to know your source :lol:

great news for Workington, Laura deserves to do well and I'm pleased for the Comets fans.

Tyretrax, is it too early to ask for Richard Lawson do you reckon? ;)

No comment! :wink::cheers:

Well great news to hear last night that the future of the Comets has been secured ( for the next 2 years at least), welcome to the new promotional team and I am sure all Comets fans will get behind Laura, Steve and Jacko to demonstrate their support.

I would love to see the bulk of this years team lining up at the starting gate next year, they have worked well together as a team and have treated us to some great speedway this season, last night being no exception.

Personally I would like to thank Keith Denham and his team for all their hard work and dedication over the past 5 years. I know full well that Keith style has not pleased everybody but love him or hate him you cant knock what he has done for the club in terms of not only financial commitment over many years ( including the sponsorship of many of our riders Stoney included) but for the hours spent behind scenes ensuring that we have had some of the best teams ever to grace a Comets body colour. Keith best wishes to you and your family for the future.

So here's to a successful and injury free 2013, look out the Premier League THE COMETS ARE BACK :0))

Edited by stemoc
  • Like 7

Well great news to hear last night that the future of the Comets has been secured ( for the next 2 years at least), welcome to the new promotional team and I am sure all Comets fans will get behind Laura, Steve and Jacko to demonstrate their support.

I would love to see the bulk of this years team lining up at the starting gate next year, they have worked well together as at team and have treated us to some great speedway this season, last night being no exception.

Personally I would like to thank Keith Denham and his team for all their hard work and dedication over the past 5 years. I know full well that Keith style has not pleased everybody but love him or hate him you cant knock what he has done for the club in terms of not only financial commitment over many years ( including the sponsorship of many of our riders Stoney included) but for the hours spent behind scenes ensuring that we have had some of the best teams ever to grace a Comets body colour. Keith best wishes to you and your family for the future.

So here's to a successful and injury free 2013, look out the Premier League THE COMETS ARE BACK :0))

cant argue with that
  • Like 1

Good to see the comets safe ,now fans need to support them good luck to laura

• Like 2

Great news for Workington! I wish the new owners well in their venture over the next few years. I hope the people of Cumbria turn out to support you!

• Like 1

Great news. Are these new owners going to be the promoters and team manager etc or are they planning on bringing someone in to do that job?

Tony Jackson is staying on and will also be co-promoter.

Edited by comet49

Fantastic news for Workington Speedway , best wishes to Laura, Steve and Jacko , I'm sure all the fans will be behind you in 2013. I have to say a big thankyou to Keith and his family for keeping speedway here for the last 5 years.

Onwards and upwards , some good news at last after the farce of teams getting through to finals . Things need to change with the BSPA, obviously if your face fits :mad: . Elite managers should have the say so for Premier League and vice versa, it makes a mockery of the sport the way things are done now !!!

Once again thanks to Laura , exciting times at Worky for next season :t:

• Like 2

Its Marratastic news..hope the fans turnout and show their support.

• Like 1

Great news, sooooooooooo hope the new promoters are well liked by the Worky people and they get behind them in their droves like they used to in Stoney's day!!!

• Like 1

Great news last night big thanks to KD for 5 years and not walking away fully it looks like

Gonna be around to help next year we think

Adam, Rene a must next year if poss would love Craig back home aswell even if he is a jam eater

Welcome to the new promotion heres to 2013! Big thanks to Keith D and everyone else behind the scene.

Come on the Comets!

• Like 1

This isn`t meant to be a funny(or stupid) question but could Thomas Armstrong be a sponsor in 2013 ?

unless others have different ideas i would be very surprised if thomas armstrongs were not sponsers

for all in the area the new promoter will be on bbc local news at 6.15 today look north north east & cumbria