Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Ipswich Ko Cup Final Second Leg 28th October 2012

Incorrect! you will never be right with this we were beaten fair and square we are not the league champions but weren't we good all season long

.................and there you have it Sir.

I rest my case.

I wonder how you would feel if we had finished 7th for example our goose would have been cooked and we wouldn't have had the extra matches. Personally I just want to keep watching the team when you would rather the season had ended. So we are all entitled to our own opinions. Newcastle's season was extended by the play-offs and the cup so we all watched top class entertainment when teams outside the top six had closed down. If you had your way Newcastle would have closed also as league champions and we would have been at a loose end on the last few sundays apart from the cup.

I understand the feelings of "winning the league" but not the play offs, but to repeat I agree with the play-offs just a pity we were not able to win them.

Rant on as much as you like Newcastle topped the league table but lost out in the play-offs. We could have won that too but on the day Somerset exposed our slight weakness and we got beat. The league champs should not have been beaten by Somerset should they? We were very good but so were the other top five teams.

Keep the play-offs but give some cash or a trophy to the team finishing top

So, no idea about the Challenge Trophy, or the Young Shield that preceded that?

The only thing wrong with the Play Offs was the group idea instead of it being a straight knock out. No meaningless matches that drain the coffers even more.

As has been evidenced for years, the semi finalists are awarded with a decent crowd for a change, the finalists with two.

The fact that the sport isn't exactly awash with cash, surely that's the point of the play offs, at least at PL level.

So, no idea about the Challenge Trophy, or the Young Shield that preceded that?

The only thing wrong with the Play Offs was the group idea instead of it being a straight knock out. No meaningless matches that drain the coffers even more.

As has been evidenced for years, the semi finalists are awarded with a decent crowd for a change, the finalists with two.

The fact that the sport isn't exactly awash with cash, surely that's the point of the play offs, at least at PL level.

Well - It certainly has NOTHING to do with SPORT!!! :mad: :mad:

Congratulations to Newcastle,they proved themselves to be the best team in the PL and thoroughly deserved their KOC win.

Those Newcastle fans reading this,shouldnt be,theres a bit on last nights win coming up on Look North.

Those Newcastle fans reading this,shouldnt be,theres a bit on last nights win coming up on Look North.

Thanks for the tip off screm - I nipped through and watched it. It was good - but - not enough. :approve::sad: