British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Ipswich Ko Cup Final Second Leg 28th October 2012

Do get your facts right - this is the KOC and all races in all rounds were completed.

Face facts you just werent good enough!!

Not quite true. 2nd leg abandoned after 9 heats - 3 races short of the 'result stands'.

Whilst I have simpathy for Workington, if they couldn't (for whatever reason) re-arrange for a second attempt at completing the fixture, Ipswich were ahead at the time of the stoppage and rightly go through to the final.

Not quite true. 2nd leg abandoned after 9 heats - 3 races short of the 'result stands'.

Whilst I have simpathy for Workington, if they couldn't (for whatever reason) re-arrange for a second attempt at completing the fixture, Ipswich were ahead at the time of the stoppage and rightly go through to the final.

was that not the league cup semi final??...we beat Workington in the Koc. :) Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

was that not the league cup semi final??...we beat Workington in the Koc. :)

You are correct sir as Ipswich beat Edinburgh in other semi final :-)
  • Like 1

You are correct sir as Ipswich beat Edinburgh in other semi final :-)

think Abbott has got Auldtimers disease :)

think Abbott has got Auldtimers disease :)

Probably! :oops::lol:

Matty Wethers guesting ??

Confirmed on the Witches site along with Paul Starke.

Confirmed on the Witches site along with Paul Starke.

I hope if we win young Paul gets a Medal. He will deserve one. :t::approve:

• Like 2

I hope if we win young Paul gets a Medal. He will deserve one. :t::approve:

Id rather he got a runners up one!!!
  • Like 2

Id rather he got a runners up one!!!

I bet you would. :t::rofl: :rofl:

Thats a guess I take it?

So Stormy it is then well along with you and NCJ71 i hope he scores a load of points and shuts all you doubters up... :blink:
  • Like 1

come on Newcastle. beat the pretend finalist.

Agree with you there Jenga, im shouting for The Diamonds. But then Ipswich arn't the only 'pretend finalist' to be contesting a final this season are they?

Agree with you there Jenga, im shouting for The Diamonds. But then Ipswich arn't the only 'pretend finalist' to be contesting a final this season are they?

Somerset,Berwick and Edinburgh all beaten fair and square by the Witches in this KOC comp - we dont need to pretend about anything!

So Stormy it is then well along with you and NCJ71 i hope he scores a load of points and shuts all you doubters up... :blink:

See Bamber it's Matty, er? thats wot I told you :oops: I really hope he can do the job against the Witches. So who in the ipswich side do we want to look out for? I know how well Dak North can ride, he will want to impress against his old club.

Suggested line ups:

Ipswich Newcastle

1. Leigh Lanham 1. Stuart Robson

2. Morten Risager 2. Claes Nedermark

3. Taylor Poole 3. Mark Lemon

4. Dak North 4. Christian Henry

5. Rohan Tungate 5. Ludvig Lindgren

6. Mat Tresarrieu 6. Paul Starke

7. Unknown? 7. Matty Wethers

Newcastle sometimes have a problem competing with the other teams top two in heats 13 and 15 our strength lies with our second strings Claes,Christian and Ludvig

Robbo usually does ok at number 1 and Lemo can in some rides be outstanding but our top two can struggle for no obvious reason. They hold the key to us winning on aggregate. I expect both of them to rise to the occasion of a KO Cup final.

If I am right in naming Starke and Wethers as our guests for the Worral twins then I expect Matty to get amongst the points. Paul should pick up the odd point in possible 4-2's or 3-3's which is great if he can continue to do it. He has been used many times in Steve Worrals position and has never let us down even if he isn't anywhere near the Twins standard.

If the diamonds have their gating gloves on I think we will keep it close at Ipswich and run out aggregate winners at home. If not then it will be "Well done Ipswich" I hope both matches are very entertaining with lots of overtaking as long as the diamonds are doing it! Ipswich look a good side but so do the Diamonds.

I invite a Witches fan to preview the match from their point of view

Oh yeah! lets hope the weather is good for both matches

ita easy to see why diamonds fans feel hard done by regarding this years play-offs. Play off's suck, end of story! you'll never convince me that its a fair way of deciding a season long LEAGUE championship. Yes my team did benefit from this system in 2007, but those that know me know that i still thought it was wrong then. Just look at the year coventry won it at poole after finishing 3 places and about 22 points behind Poole in the table........WRONG! the old "every team knows the score at the start of the season" arguement doesnt make it right!! Any way, the witches are in this one fair and square, good luck to both sides, but i kinda hope the diamonds triumph so their good season doesnt end up trophyless!!

• Like 1

See Bamber it's Matty, er? thats wot I told you :oops: I really hope he can do the job against the Witches. So who in the ipswich side do we want to look out for? I know how well Dak North can ride, he will want to impress against his old club.

Suggested line ups:

Ipswich Newcastle

1. Leigh Lanham 1. Stuart Robson

2. Morten Risager 2. Claes Nedermark

3. Taylor Poole 3. Mark Lemon

4. Dak North 4. Christian Henry

5. Rohan Tungate 5. Ludvig Lindgren

6. Mat Tresarrieu 6. Paul Starke

7. Unknown? 7. Matty Wethers

Newcastle sometimes have a problem competing with the other teams top two in heats 13 and 15 our strength lies with our second strings Claes,Christian and Ludvig

Robbo usually does ok at number 1 and Lemo can in some rides be outstanding but our top two can struggle for no obvious reason. They hold the key to us winning on aggregate. I expect both of them to rise to the occasion of a KO Cup final.

If I am right in naming Starke and Wethers as our guests for the Worral twins then I expect Matty to get amongst the points. Paul should pick up the odd point in possible 4-2's or 3-3's which is great if he can continue to do it. He has been used many times in Steve Worrals position and has never let us down even if he isn't anywhere near the Twins standard.

If the diamonds have their gating gloves on I think we will keep it close at Ipswich and run out aggregate winners at home. If not then it will be "Well done Ipswich" I hope both matches are very entertaining with lots of overtaking as long as the diamonds are doing it! Ipswich look a good side but so do the Diamonds.

I invite a Witches fan to preview the match from their point of view

Oh yeah! lets hope the weather is good for both matches

I think Paul Starke will be guesting on Saturday at Ipswich, but the Isle of Wight are at Stoke on Sunday, so I don't think he'll be guesting in the 2nd leg for us.

• Like 1