British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Ipswich Ko Cup Final Second Leg 28th October 2012

Is he not riding for I. O. W. at Stoke on sunday its on the b.s.p.a. fixture list ??

It would appear not. :wink::blink:

It would appear not. :wink::blink:

Could be that with Paul being in a PL final, IOW might have released him as their meeting at Stoke is just a NL fixture with no affect on their title which has already been decided. Nice gesture if so and I think they could have made Paul ride at Stoke.

Fill ya boots on Saturday and Sunday Paul.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Could be that with Paul being in a PL final, IOW might have released him as their meeting at Stoke is just a NL fixture with no affect on their title which has already been decided. Nice gesture if so and I think they could have made Paul ride at Stoke.

Fill ya boots on Saturday and Sunday Paul.

Paul isn't listed in the I.O.W team to travel to Stoke on Sunday on the Stoke website.

Fantastic gesture by the Islanders releasing him to ride for us. :approve:

• Like 1

I agree. It's not often a young rider gets the opportunity to take a place in a National final. Paul has earned it, and it would have been a bit of an injustice to have had to give the reserve place to a stranger who just happened to be available.

BTW Any Diamond 5 a side players, who fancy having a game on Tuesday 30th October, get to Soccerdome, Royal Quays, North Shields. I have a pitch booked for 8 - 9.00pm and we already have a decent number of players which includes Adam and Rene. Spectators welcome, and there is is lounge within the building. Indoor Tartan type turf, so no studs but good rubbers,etc.Two teams, continuous play with subs. £56 split between all the players, so about £4 a head.

• Like 1

Some pretty horrid looking black clouds over Ipswich at the moment but I'm about 4 miles from Foxhall . ( oops wrong thread )

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

Good news Paul is available he deserves it and is the most likely Nl guest to do something. Also Wethers is a good choice just hope the team do well over both legs.

Well - roll on tomorrow - let's just hope that the weather is kind - and a VICTORY - of course. :t::approve: :approve: :drink:

Sky got this meeting down as a 4pm start. Wrong surely?

6:30 pm in the Speedway Star

Good luck Newcastle must be great for young Paul to get a sustained run in your team you guys deserve it keep trophies up north

The Diamonds were superb last night in difficult conditions and fully deserved the win.

The Witches need to show some pride and make sure Newcastle still have to go out and win it even in what seems like a lost cause.

They need another cup performance like at Berwick!!

Whilst its mathmatically possible they have to believe.

Up the Witches!!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

The Diamonds were superb last night in difficult conditions and fully deserved the win.

The Witches need to show some pride and make sure Newcastle still have to go out and win it even in what seems like a lost cause.

They need another cup performance like at Berwick!!

Whilst its mathmatically possible they have to believe.

Up the Witches!!

The problem is we have too many riders out of form and have done for a while. We're carrying 3 riders in particular in Nielsen, Poole and Tungate and I'm afraid that's too many.

You can excuse Nielsen to a degree because the lad has been battered and bruised in recent weeks and maybe it's taken it's toll on him recently.

But what about the other two? Is Poole still suffering with the arm he broke? Or is he simply badly out of form or more to the point, just hasn't got going after his long lay off?

And as for Tungate, this lad has baffled me. How can you go from being so so good first half of the season, to really poor the second half?

I'd loan him out next season personally.

Think I'll make the trip down for this one , get my last fix of the year , and see the Diamonds lift the Cup .How's the weather looking ?

Really looking forward to this one c'mon the diamonds, some nice weather updates thru the day would be nice cheers folks

do Newcastle have another race day if this one falls foul of the weather. or will the witches try to get this by default as well.

come on the demonds, stuff them pretenders .lol.