British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Ipswich V Newcastle Ko Cup Final First Leg 27th October 2012

I have copied this from the Ipswich website: -

Now confirmed that Ipswich will meet Newcastle in the Knock Out Cup Final; home leg at Foxhall on Saturday 27th October and away leg at Brough Park on Sunday 28th October

Need to decide whether to attend this meeting or not. Next week there are a few options for me personally. Either this, Scunthorpe v Somerset in the PL final on Sunday 28th or Mildenhall v Dudley in the NL final on Wednesday 24th. Already committed myself to Peterborough v Poole in the EL KOC semi on Thursday 25th, but need to make my mind up which one to do out of the other fixtures. I only wish I could do all of them! Anyway, good luck to the Witches and Diamonds. May the best team win ;)

This one will complete a very hectic week for me !

Tues , Football Ipswich at home

Wed , Mildenhall v Dudley

Thurs , Witches v Somerset

Sat , Football Ipswich at home 3-00pm

Sat , Witches v Newcastle 7-30pm

Although the term football is only used in the loosest sense of the word as far as Ipswich are concerned at the moment !

But this week is likely my last fix of speedway till next march so it's got to be done !

My prediction is that the Witches have an infinitely better chance of success against the Diamonds than Worky in this final but then again they are frustratingly unpredictable and will probably throw this opportunity of silverware away as well !

Here's looking forward to a successful week all round and some decent weather to see the Speedway season to its completion !

Fingers crossed for some good weather to allow what could be a real cracker of a meeting to go ahead in conditions befitting a final.

Two sides that were bulit very differently at the start of the season but now have a very similar look to them and are therefore very evenly matched.

I think a lot will depend on which top2 perform better away from home or the top reserve having a stormer.

Heres hoping that we see a Witches cup double after the next 8 days!!

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for some good weather to allow what could be a real cracker of a meeting to go ahead in conditions befitting a final.

Two sides that were bulit very differently at the start of the season but now have a very similar look to them and are therefore very evenly matched.

I think a lot will depend on which top2 perform better away from home or the top reserve having a stormer.

I could have written this myself dontforgetthefueltapsbruv. The diamonds have been top of the PL all year and lost out in the play-offs to teams that weren't top of the league. No silverware for us unless we do Ipswich on aggregate. Our side should be super-motivated because of topping the league and any Newcastle rider who returns under-par scores should be shown the door for 2013. Come on Diamonds do it for the fans

Well Saturday night speedway can't wait & it should happen more often! The weather looks good for Saturday dry but cold so get your winter warmers out!! The perfect result would be a big Ipswich lead to take to Newcastle on Sunday & me meeting a young lady to take for a drink after the match on Saturday.

Good luck in finding a young lady lol. If you find 2 let me know, as for the match, yes a big lead would be good too. A lot could depend on Henry as he loved our track on last visit.

Come on Christian. :wink::t:

as for the match, yes a big lead would be good too. A lot could depend on Henry as he loved our track on last visit.

So much depends on what Witches team turn up, with all riders riding for their places next season you would hope the one where all 7 riders give a 100% will but will they??? Think a large lead is needed somewhere between 16 and 20 would make it an interesting 2nd leg.

So much depends on what Witches team turn up, with all riders riding for their places next season you would hope the one where all 7 riders give a 100% will but will they??? Think a large lead is needed somewhere between 16 and 20 would make it an interesting 2nd leg.

Newcastle have been running most home teams close all season which is why we finished top of the league. I think a 10-15 point lead is what you will have on saturday, hope its a good match for your fans

Newcastle have been running most home teams close all season which is why we finished top of the league. I think a 10-15 point lead is what you will have on saturday, hope its a good match for your fans

I would be more than happy with a 10+ lead given we were the only team to secure a losers point from a visit to Newcastle in the league this year.

To feel confident I think we need 16 as this would put pressure on the Diamonds from the off in the return leg.

I can see it being less than 10 though!

So now that we have all the riders managers in both camps should know how to play the game. Matty is there at reserve to use if anyone in the diamonds 1 to 5 is under-performing. He is well capable of scoring in any heat and yes I think he will be our trump card. We might need to concede heats 13 and 15 to the witches but by then I hope we will have kept the scores tight. I think our top two Robbo and Lemo will come good, they will respond to the motivation and turn back the years. With good returns from our top two the rest only need to score at least their averages as I suspect Matty to be on fire at reserve.

Ah well maybe we will get hammered at Ipswich and struggle at home. Who knows, I just hope the second leg doesn't fizzle out as a contest either way

Good luck to all 14 riders, no falls please, just great racing

Robson struggled last time at Foxhall but that just a blip. Handy that nedermark isn't at reserve but wethers will do well there. Henry was electric from the gate and lemon also scored double figures. Was RR for lindgren last time, starke failed to score. For the witches bekker only beat starke, and Poole failed to score. Could be close or could be 55-35 either way!

newcastle will hold the pretend finalists to a narrow 10 point lead at ippo, and then destroy them at roufough park . only dak to put up a fight. well done the diamonds,,,

• Like 1