British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Ipswich V Newcastle Ko Cup Final First Leg 27th October 2012

Well this inept apathetic performance was systematic of the Witches season and reads like a dunces school report - little if no effort and can do a great deal better. To think the few fans there had paid their money, got frozen cold, got rained sleeted and hailed on all for the riders to show precious little effort and my god it was a final!!! They all seemed as though they wished they were not there at all, I know I wished I was not. When thinking about next seasons side the commitment shown by this seasons riders should be taken into account and if it is, I can't see that any of these 7 riders are worth a place. There needs to be a huge shake up and with a different mind set because if there is not I can see this tiny crowd being called a large one in the very near future. These are some of the darkest days in the Witches long history and things need to change big time or ??? :sad:

Aye. Don't give Newcastle any credit for adapting to the conditions better than Ipswich, or riding better (or anything).

Great team performance by the Diamonds. Scoring points when it mattered.

Not over yet, though, as it often has a habit of biting you on the bum when you least expect it.

But it goes a long way in helping the cause of lifting some silverware and it would be a traversty if we didn't get anything out of the season.

Well this inept apathetic performance was systematic of the Witches season and reads like a dunces school report - little if no effort and can do a great deal better. To think the few fans there had paid their money, got frozen cold, got rained sleeted and hailed on all for the riders to show precious little effort and my god it was a final!!! They all seemed as though they wished they were not there at all, I know I wished I was not. When thinking about next seasons side the commitment shown by this seasons riders should be taken into account and if it is, I can't see that any of these 7 riders are worth a place. There needs to be a huge shake up and with a different mind set because if there is not I can see this tiny crowd being called a large one in the very near future. These are some of the darkest days in the Witches long history and things need to change big time or ??? :sad:

I hope that you are not including the Newcastle Riders in this statement. I don't think you are - but - I am unsure???

Edited by The White Knight

I hope that you are not including the Newcastle Riders in this statement. I don't think you are - but - I am unsure???

No Im not - the Newcastle team were great and every rider pulled their weight and rode as though they wanted to win the final. They are a credit to you fans and make me feel jealous when watching our riders making no real effort at all to adapt to difficult conditions and just surrendering the cup :sad:

No Im not - the Newcastle team were great and every rider pulled their weight and rode as though they wanted to win the final. They are a credit to you fans and make me feel jealous when watching our riders making no real effort at all to adapt to difficult conditions and just surrendering the cup :sad:

Thank you for your reply aljack. :approve: :approve:

Aye. Don't give Newcastle any credit for adapting to the conditions better than Ipswich, or riding better (or anything).

Great team performance by the Diamonds. Scoring points when it mattered.

Not over yet, though, as it often has a habit of biting you on the bum when you least expect it.

But it goes a long way in helping the cause of lifting some silverware and it would be a traversty if we didn't get anything out of the season.

Abbott - just read my reply to white knight.

Well done to the diamonds they rode the track very well and didn't fall off for the fun of it. I See some are still trying to make excuses for the crowd but like most of our riders performances it was yet again pathetic for what the occasion was. SOme poor performances again from the so called pencilled in for next year, worrying times ahead and I would imagine a lot of head shaking over the winter.

After a long long journey down we never thought that this was really going ahead. Massive downpours in surrounding areas past Cambridge and I was waiting for the call from home to say it's OFF. Got there to find that, although it was wet, it did seem even and after a meeting with all the riders and Chris Gay, it was game on and the track staff then adding a lot of sawdust to the key areas on the track. Apparently the weather instead of being cold and dry was cold and bloody wet, especially at the crucial time of 5.00pm which had put the tie in doubt.

NO proper parade except a run round the stox track and then on with the meeting. Chris, with the riders cooperation, really did knock on and the racing was almost continuous except for extra time for consecutive rides for Matt T. 4 falls by home riders, usually in scoring positions, cost them dearly and, with some determined overtaking usually around the outside 3/4 th bend and also snucking uo a tight second bend, the DIamond's started to take a grip on the meeting quite early. In heat 6, LL used the inside second bend to take Morten first lap, but then surprisingly did exactly the same mistake as Morten which resulted in a conceded home 5 - 1. Bit of a shock in heat 14 when Dak and Matt T outgated both Christian and Matt W and the meeting result was back in doubt. Stuey, with massive engine probs was omitted from the heat 15 lineup, and a strange combination of Lemo and Ned rompted to an early lead which the maintained despite the probing by an impressive Leigh L.

So a win away at 42-48, well pleased with that and also the fact that the meeting even took place. Praise was lavished on the home promotion, and especially the track staff, to get the track fit and even raceable, a sterling effort. It did look at the end heat 9 that it had all been a waste of effort when a massive 2 minute hailstorm had everyone scaddling to the bars but Chris G got the riders out and the meeting was on.

Like going to Ippy, nice setting, nice track, decent eateries, and a friendly crowd even if they thought that the weather was always like this in the North East so we felt at home. Yes, but only in the summer.

Had a reintroduction with London Witches and also Badge from my last visit. Lovely to see you and have a crack again. Met Sue again who does such a cracking job, marshaling the live Updates Service.

Talked to Mr Sackers who was stood in front of us in front of the Garden. What a nice guy, and family, and we had a good crack about speedway and the continuing links between Ipswich and the Geordie nation. Of course Bobby R was mention, it would have been rude not to.

Met em1500uk for the first time, and yes you are. :lol:

A thoroughly enjoyable away trip even though it was 2.00am(really 3.00) when we got home. But as Max Boyce would say "I woz there".

• Like 1

After a long long journey down we never thought that this was really going ahead. Massive downpours in surrounding areas past Cambridge and I was waiting for the call from home to say it's OFF. Got there to find that, although it was wet, it did seem even and after a meeting with all the riders and Chris Gay, it was game on and the track staff then adding a lot of sawdust to the key areas on the track. Apparently the weather instead of being cold and dry was cold and bloody wet, especially at the crucial time of 5.00pm which had put the tie in doubt.

NO proper parade except a run round the stox track and then on with the meeting. Chris, with the riders cooperation, really did knock on and the racing was almost continuous except for extra time for consecutive rides for Matt T. 4 falls by home riders, usually in scoring positions, cost them dearly and, with some determined overtaking usually around the outside 3/4 th bend and also snucking uo a tight second bend, the DIamond's started to take a grip on the meeting quite early. In heat 6, LL used the inside second bend to take Morten first lap, but then surprisingly did exactly the same mistake as Morten which resulted in a conceded home 5 - 1. Bit of a shock in heat 14 when Dak and Matt T outgated both Christian and Matt W and the meeting result was back in doubt. Stuey, with massive engine probs was omitted from the heat 15 lineup, and a strange combination of Lemo and Ned rompted to an early lead which the maintained despite the probing by an impressive Leigh L.

So a win away at 42-48, well pleased with that and also the fact that the meeting even took place. Praise was lavished on the home promotion, and especially the track staff, to get the track fit and even raceable, a sterling effort. It did look at the end heat 9 that it had all been a waste of effort when a massive 2 minute hailstorm had everyone scaddling to the bars but Chris G got the riders out and the meeting was on.

Like going to Ippy, nice setting, nice track, decent eateries, and a friendly crowd even if they thought that the weather was always like this in the North East so we felt at home. Yes, but only in the summer.

Had a reintroduction with London Witches and also Badge from my last visit. Lovely to see you and have a crack again. Met Sue again who does such a cracking job, marshaling the live Updates Service.

Talked to Mr Sackers who was stood in front of us in front of the Garden. What a nice guy, and family, and we had a good crack about speedway and the continuing links between Ipswich and the Geordie nation. Of course Bobby R was mention, it would have been rude not to.

Met em1500uk for the first time, and yes you are. :lol:

A thoroughly enjoyable away trip even though it was 2.00am(really 3.00) when we got home. But as Max Boyce would say "I woz there".

were you talking to Snacky dave?? I miss him :(

were you talking to Snacky dave?? I miss him :(

Think he was missing in action. Nearest I got to a Snakette was the cafe. :P

• Like 1

Abbott - just read my reply to white knight.

Which came AFTER your original post and after my post :wink:

Think he was missing in action. Nearest I got to a Snakette was the cafe. :P

...wouldnt have been in there portions not up to his size

...wouldnt have been in there portions not up to his size

And he wouldn't be in the bar afterwards..... seeing as it was shut!

Don't understand why they shut the bar. Is it part of the lease?

And he wouldn't be in the bar afterwards..... seeing as it was shut!

Don't understand why they shut the bar. Is it part of the lease?

have heard that moan from several clubs over recent times.