British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Berwick Pct 2nd Leg) 28th October 6pm

I read the Mercury this morning to see what Shadders had to say in his response to Len and to be honest I wasn't surprised to see it hadn't been printed.

Disappointed, but not surprised. The local rag wouldn't want to embarrass the old boy by showing him up as a bumbling old fool at best, or a liar at worst. Rye House are probably the biggest attraction in the papers circulation area, so they've gotta keep him sweet to gain access for interviews etc..

All of your other points and observations are pretty much spot on Ben

Is this online anywhere Shadders?

If Silver leaves I'll be back like a shot.

I'll be at the main entrance on Sunday with a petition calling on Len Silver to stay until he is 150 years old. :D

snapback.pngShadders, on 21 October 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

"Sadly, Mr Silver will have to do without my £16 after his character assassination of me in the Herts Mercury. "

Me & Westhamboy will have a toast "To absent fiends......" :D

snapback.pngShadders, on 21 October 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

"Sadly, Mr Silver will have to do without my £16 after his character assassination of me in the Herts Mercury. "

Yep.... More money not going into the fund for Rye House and die hard fans (in Shadders case) and many many orhers not returning... That's a good thing to for you to celebrate.... Bravo!

I'll be there though hoping to see my team finish with one final bit of silverware!

The statement that cost have not increased in the last three years is garbage. Only this year have they not increased from last year. The man is losing the plot.

I'd like to see Len really go for it next season, put out a strong team, drop admission prices or implement a group ticket and work with the press to get people back in the stadium.

And get Lord Lucan as team manager?

And get Lord Lucan as team manager?

If Tyson Nelson is coming back he'd be better as a rider.

I have to ask - was that a deliberate typo? lol :rofl:

the forecast is for some wet stuff on sunday. maybe uncle len will pull the plug on this early. :unsure:

Just looked at the forecast and you're spot on. Steady rain all day.

I hope Len Silvor (deliberate misspelling)

kept the receipt for those fireworks

Edited by Shadders

Disappointed, but not surprised. The local rag wouldn't want to embarrass the old boy by showing him up as a bumbling old fool at best, or a liar at worst. Rye House are probably the biggest attraction in the papers circulation area, so they've gotta keep him sweet to gain access for interviews etc..

All of your other points and observations are pretty much spot on Ben

You can always have a look at this Shads http://www.pcc.org.u...ice_2012_A4.pdf

It’s a link to the press complaints commission on code of practice for newspaper editors. Think you will find you ARE entitled to a reply? ;)

I have been visiting Rye since 2005 and in 2012 attended far less meetings than any other year, there are too many reasons to go on about but at some point most of them have been mentioned on here before.

Unless things change dramatically in 2013 (starting with an apology from Len for what he said to customers over the Doyle debacle would be good) then I will be spending most of my time at other tracks.

As regards this meeting – This Sunday has some great live sport all afternoon and evening but I will attend the speedway if it’s dry and not freezing cold.

Good luck to both teams and I hope all riders stay safe. :t:

the forecast is for some wet stuff on sunday. maybe uncle len will pull the plug on this early. :unsure:

Wet stuff or not, it will go ahead.

Len would suffer a financial penalty if it doesn't -- unless he restaged it Mon/Tue/Wed.

Which might mean a bigger financial penalty!

So get the brollies out, and see the Trophy won and lost.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Can anybody give a weather update please, as I don't know whether to make the journey to this meeting or go to Scunthorpe........or maybe even stoip at home.

Thanks

Can anybody give a weather update please, as I don't know whether to make the journey to this meeting or go to Scunthorpe........or maybe even stoip at home.

Thanks

I'm about 20 minutes away from Rye and we've had no rain overnight.

I'm about 20 minutes away from Rye and we've had no rain overnight.

Thanks Blazeaway.

The sun is out here in Norfolk........and Scunthorpe, but think I will gamble on Rye House as Len Silver ensures everybody that the meeting will definetly take place, even if it rains.

Having witnessed what Mildenhall rode in against Dudley on Wednesday, would make it difficult for any club justifying a call-off for rain. Here's hoping anyway.