British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Berwick Pct 2nd Leg) 28th October 6pm

Decent crowd and the riders did well on a track that became more difficult as the night went on ,,Then those riders who attacked the track came good,, Bunyan (15 ,max ),,Lykke,, Doolan,,even Lambert did well in an entertaining meeting which won us the also ran,s cup ,,but Len was delighted and why not,, its been a difficult season,, but at least there are some good young riders on the books..We will have to see what comes out of the A.G.M before making educated guesses on next years line up, but it does look as if about 5 riders are nailed on..after Len made his little speech at the presentations..Jason Garrity winning both Mr Rocket and Mr Raider awards...and most entertaining rider..(forgone conclusion) award...

Well done Rockets did not think we had a big enough lead.

well done to all of the riders for putting on a show at a wet launch pad last night. with a couple of additions rye could have a decent team in 2013.

To be honest I only went tonight because it was the last meeting of the season.

Well done to Rye for making the most of a horrid track with some of the slowest times of the year? Craig did his best to convince fans that the racing was good rather than the passing being down to rider errors. :lol:

How on earth Bellego was excluded in heat 3 I will never know!!!!!!

I personally thought the crowd was rather poor compared to earlier in the season and most of the fans I spoke to were peed off about the way the season had gone but I best not say much or else I will end up in the local paper. ;)

Unless things change dramatically next year then Rye will become a rare track I visit as opposed to the main track.

Once again, well done to Rye on winning a trophy that hardly anybody cares about.

Yes it was a Micky Mouse Cup but sure Berwick would have taken it! At least they did win a more important on The Fours.

Yes it was a Micky Mouse Cup but sure Berwick would have taken it! At least they did win a more important on The Fours.

:oops::oops:

Well done Rye House on the win. :approve:

I best not say much or else I will end up in the local paper. ;)

:D

I take no pride in Rye House winning this trophy. To finish second bottom and walk away with a prize is just plain ridiculous!

Let's hope common sense prevails and this worthless fixture filler is consigned to the history books and quickly forgotten.

Dont knock it,a trophy is a trophy at the end of the day and Rye House might not see another for a while.I thought Berwick were a few points shy from the first leg on saturday of winning the Cup up take nothing away from the Rye House team,they deserve their win.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the meeting last night.A bit worried when Dyer and Aspergen shot out the gates in their 1st rides.Lucky that Fisher didn't seem up for it. Seemed that the Rye riders wanted it more than the Bandits. Unusual to see Rye ride so well in the wet.

Dont knock it,a trophy is a trophy at the end of the day and Rye House might not see another for a while.I thought Berwick were a few points shy from the first leg on saturday of winning the Cup up take nothing away from the Rye House team,they deserve their win.

I was never convinced we'd come away from Berwick with enough points, but with Adam Roynons unfortunate injury and his replacement Ryan Fishers disappointing form there was really never any doubt.

Still not convinced that a team finishing second from bottom should be celebrating.

A satisfactory end to a disappointing season with much to look forward to in 2013

Edited by Shadders

Well those who did turn up, enjoyed a good meeting, ok times were slow, but there was still better racing than some I have seen on a dry track.

The reason Bellego was excluded in heat 3 was simple as he ran into the back of Garrity who had clearly passed him, the DVD don't lie!, both though we're lucky to get up from it. Bunyan got a good maximum and LykkeRacing rode excellent, but Rye did as a team, Berwick didn't give up and some lightning starts made for some good entertainment.

A very enjoyable meeting this, which as many of you have said, some excellent performances from the Rye House riders. Berwick played a big part in the early stages keeping the match close, and well done to them too, but a total of 3-points from the two guest riders was their downfall.

Like the Mildenhall v Dudley meeting at King's Lynn a few days earlier, had it still have been August or September, this meeting would have been postponed due to the weather, yet it proved what can be achieved by a little bit of work on the track combined with the full understanding and positivity of the riders......well done to you all.

Pat on the back for the referee too, who had his finger on the 2-minute button as soon as the previous race had finished, which saw proceedings completed in around an hour and a half. There is simply no need to drag meetings on, because the public still find the time to use the various catering outlets, so it's not as if the promoters need the interval so they can make a few quid from that facility.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a dry day in Suffolk now, so that I can take in the Mildenhall v Stoke meeting. If you're going folks, don't forget it's Halloween, and 'Old Ponytail' will be in town....nuff said! :o