British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ali Stafford

Rico Benefit Football Match

Ipswich Wanderers FC are hosting a benefit football match on Sunday November 4th between a Ipswich Witches select XI and a Lakeside Hammers select XI, with proceeds going to the Lee Richardson support fund. There are plenty of riders past and present from both clubs set to be involved in the game (Chris Louis, Jeremy Doncaster, Leigh Lanham, Danny King to name but a few), plus a few former pro footballers too.

Should be a great event that will hopefully raise plenty of money for RICO's fund.

More information about the game is on the IWFC website - http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/ipswichwanderers/news/wanderers-to-host-benefit-game-715527.html

I hope some of you can get to this tomorrow. Kick-off is at 2pm. I don't want to be the only one cheering on!

• Like 1

Match off track!!,sorry pitch waterlogged!! .i got so used to seeing track waterlogged throughout the season,now its pitch waterlogged!!.no news yet if the football match will be restaged.

There was a good turnout of fans on a blustery evening in memory of #RICO

Lakeside Hammers Select which boasted such stars as Phil Morris, Jerran Hart, Lewis Bridger, Rob Mear, Danno Verge alongside with two stars of the footballing world Graham Stuart and yours truly won the match 2-1 against the Ipswich select which had Scotty Nicholls, Danny King, morten Risager, Chris Schramm and Jem Docncaster in it's ranks.

Ipswich took the lead when Phil Morris hacked an attempted clearance into his own net, then Ipswich lost Scotty Nicholls to a knee injury after a crunching tackle from Lakeside player "Mad Dog" Stringer, The Hammer select equalised through Graham Stuart and were then denied by some fine keeping by the Ipswich keeper before he was finally beaten from te spot by Stuart late in the game, after John Cook's son had been toppled in the box!

A really enjoyable evening, with lots of good banter, really well organised too.

Full report and photos at: http://www.lakesidehammers.co.uk/

1,000 words and big H not mentioned !!

Dreadful isn't it - make Andy Povey the Hammers Press officer now!

Playing at left back I got through more

On the other hand if you had run around a bit you might have got noticied :approve:

Playing left back I made some surging runs forward, covered for my ageing centre backs (Cook and Morris) and of course made some robust challenges on that young whippersnapper Daniel King!

Playing left back I made some surging runs forward, covered for my ageing centre backs (Cook and Morris) and of course made some robust challenges on that young whippersnapper Daniel King!

Obviously played with 100% efficiency and never put a foot wrong so consequently not really headline grabbing - things like own goals, :wink: penalties etc tend to be focussed upon.... and beating Ipswich of course! :P

suppose you played like that hammers legend Julian Dicks :lol: