British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Dudley - Weds 24th October - Please Read - NOW AT KINGS LYNN

White takes out blue in my opinion. Neilsen has a good look then throws his body and back wheel into Roynon. Can't see how it could possibly be called any other way if the video was looked at.

White is Roynon and Blue Nielsen so assuming you mean Roynon at fault?

Best wishes to Adam Roynon for a speedy recovery, didn't realise it was the loose bike that brought him down, so unlucky.

White takes out blue in my opinion. Neilsen has a good look then throws his body and back wheel into Roynon. Can't see how it could possibly be called any other way if the video was looked at.

Slight contradiction in your post !

Roynon was White and Nielsen blue .

Roynons fault by my reckoning , do you not agree ?

Roynon was in white...Roynon took a look at Nielsen...Roynon throws body and back wheel into Nielsen.

Can't see how it could possibly be called any other way if the video was looked at.

• Like 3

Roynon was in white...Roynon took a look at Nielsen...Roynon throws body and back wheel into Nielsen.

Can't see how it could possibly be called any other way if the video was looked at.

This^^

White is Roynon...just to put that out there.

For me, the guy on the outside ran out of room. Have seen it called either way. Would be interested in knowing what angle the referee viewed.

Congratulations on the win to Mildenhall. Feels much the same as last season though, coming good at the end and being in the right place to take advantage of another teams catastrophic luck with injuries! Still, gotta be in it to win it so congrats to them.

Nielsen did run out of room but that was as a result of Roynon attempting to close the gap far too late. Definitely the correct decision in my book.

21st CH, the ref (rightly or wrongly) made his decision. Live with it.

Personally I'm more concerned about the welfare of Adam Roynon. Hope the broken leg heals quickly, and we see him back next year. He's been a revelation this year.

All the best

Rob

To be fair, Rob, Dudley's protest isn't about the referee's decision (which is undeniably correct) its about a promoter going to the referee's box after an incident and before a decision was made. That's completely different to a phone call and no-one in their right mind would suggest that that is acceptable.

The person at fault is Dave Robinson and he deserves to be heavily criticised for it.

I can very much understand where the Dudley promotion are coming from but they are utterly wasting their time, because they will gain nothing from it.

• Like 1

Just got back home; congratulations to Mildenhall on their victory and commiserations to Dudley. Well done to the Lynn promotion for somehow getting a track rideable (-ish) by 8.12 and raceable later on despite the elements conspiring against them.

Particular sympathy to Adam Roynon for yet another bad injury.

I think the thing that has annoyed dudley fans more than anything is the ref originally said Stefan was excluded but after Louis influence suddenly changed his mind - bang out of order.

I wasn't there - did the light come on to exclude Nielsen?

Referees will often have an opinion as to who is at fault, which then alters with the benefit of replays. In the years I've been filming I've never known a single one to make an actual decision and then change it.

Both sides are so busy pointing fingers at each other that they all miss the point.

Cant see the problem, the referee enlists the help of a reknown summariser with expertise in analysing footage to enable him to come to the correct decision.

:rofl:

You must be joking.

A 'well known summariser' who happens to be the Mildenhall promoter. That's a bit like asking Cadbury's chief chocolate taster which is the best tasting chocolate.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

mimmo if you had been near the pit gate you would of heard the abuse at roynon by the same two people that abused a morris as he walked off the track after his spill

I wasn't there - did the light come on to exclude Nielsen?

Referees will often have an opinion as to who is at fault, which then alters with the benefit of replays. In the years I've been filming I've never known a single one to make an actual decision and then change it.

I don't think that is particularly relevant to Dudley's protest.

This about a member of the Mildenhall promotion being in the box and discussing the incident before a judgement was made. That simply cannot happen.

• Like 1

I don't think that is particularly relevant to Dudley's protest.

This about a member of the Mildenhall promotion being in the box and discussing the incident before a judgement was made. That simply cannot happen.

Gary Patchett states that the ref changed his decision. That is why I asked.

:rofl:

You must be joking.

A 'well known summariser' who happens to be the Mildenhall promoter. That's a bit like asking Cadbury's chief chocolate taster which is the best tasting chocolate.

congratulations you now know what a sarcastic sod i am. Having said that was expecting to hook a Heathen!!!.

Edited by seanmuffe
  • Like 1

Gary Patchett states that the ref changed his decision. That is why I asked.

I certainly didnt see any exclusion light until the Ambulance that had looked after Roynon had left the track. And when it came it was the white light only, no other decision was announced or indicated by use of exclusion lights

Edited by fentigers lad

Well done to the fen tigers looking at the replays of the incident I have to ask one question.

The way roynon hit Nielsen he could be mistaken for nicki Pederson .

I wish him a speedy recovery with a nasty injury