[quote

Posted Yesterday, 04:59 PM

snapback.pngidh, on 01 June 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

Best Pairs Photo's

http://ihitchcock.ze...best_pairs_2013

Slideshow

http://ihitchcock.ze..._2013/slideshow

Nice to catch up with Palco and Alan from Glasgow hope you enjoy Cardiff

have you any photo's of the red gate girl as she was one of the most beautiful person I've ever seen!

name='coomie' timestamp='1370188786' post='2291968']

have you any photo's of the red gate girl as she was one of the most beautiful person I've ever seen!

No sorry to dissapoint you. Just enjoy the speedway photo's

Edited by idh

Apologies Rob, I remembered it differently. As for whether the puddle affected the riders off gate three I'd ask Vissing who made it quite clear after the first semi what he thought of the situation. by riding up to the puddle, doing a 180 degree turn and looking up at the ref's box.

I take it you were involved in the meeting since the Ben fund were present. Sometimes you see things differently when you're an observer than in the middle of things. I believe it had a serious effect based on a few years of watching riders make starts. We'll have to agree to differ. It was a shame because the meeting had run very impressively like clockwork up to that point. I suppose only a rider can give an authoritative answer.

Thank goodness I have the right to an unbiased and honest opinion now that I keep myself firmly on the spectators' side of the fence - tonight by the home straight fence just in front of the tapes level with the puddle. I think I had a reasonable view, don't you?

Hi Rob,

No I definitely can't claim to be neutral - after concluding the collection for the Ben Fund, I went and got my Scunny fleece out of the car. ;)

But as both Heats 22 & 23 were won from behind (Josh Auty passing Richard Lawson in Heat 22 and Jason Doyle passing both Scorpions in Heat 23), I can't see how the accidental overwatering of gate 3 made a difference to the result of those races. The only heat you say that maybe it could have changed was Heat 21 which stayed as it was out of the first bend, but even then I think both Doyle & Grajczonek had the beating of Vissing, and could have passed him if they needed to.

I think the Best Pair won, and the second Best Pair came second. The heats suggested that Group A was the most competitive, and the semi-finals were proof of this.

All the best

Rob

Was a bit disappointed a few more Somerset fans didn't stay longer for a celebration drink or two, Wrighty stayed on.

The way he rode, anyone would of thought he had been drinking before the meeting too!

• Like 1

Why was the track so slick to start with, and why did they leave it so late in the meeting to water the track. Somerset where deserved winners and were always going to stand a good chance what ever track it was on

That's what we were all saying on the 3rd bend . The track was crying out to be watered after about heat 4 . I think it did detract from the racing as it was only the outside line that seemed to be working .

That's what we were all saying on the 3rd bend . The track was crying out to be watered after about heat 4 . I think it did detract from the racing as it was only the outside line that seemed to be working .

Have to agree with Paulco here. The only watering at the third bend was supporters jumping the fence at the top of the terracing. Why can't they put in more portable loos? :blink::drink:

Well done Somerset on the win , again some grat racing at the OTA but some extra watering may have hepled.

Nice touch by the Worky riders to come back round after their last race to thank the Comets fans for the support. :approve:

• Like 1

Gotta say, I thought the racing was poor from Somerset on Friday, with only a couple of racing with any passing of note after the second bend. The weather down here had been lowsy for the week beforehand, so I can understand the reasoning for not watering through the meeting... Can't understand the reasoning for watering before the semi's though... But heyho, that's the way it goes.

To be honest, Somerset were the joint best pair on the night. Felt a little sorry for Workington, who were the pick of all 10 pairs through the qualifiers. Deserved to be the finalists at least but alas it wasn't to be.

as for our boys? It's fine having the best rider on show, but the pairs is all about being a pair and Claus was just a little off the pace throughout the meeting... Hopefully he was getting all the gremlins out the way before Tuesday night...

Altogether, was one of the poorer Pairs at the OTA...