British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Bbc Points West - Well Done!

After continually ignoring speedway, BBC Points West local news had on Monday a brief report from Swindon in their 6-30pm news and pictures and a report on the Robins victory in their late news. Also had Rosco and Nick Morris in the studio with the Elite League trophy on Tuesday evening. The question is will they also give Somerset publicity when we win the League Cup on Thursday and the Premier League on Sunday.

I have e-mailed them, perhaps others can do the same.

After continually ignoring speedway, BBC Points West local news had on Monday a brief report from Swindon in their 6-30pm news and pictures and a report on the Robins victory in their late news. Also had Rosco and Nick Morris in the studio with the Elite League trophy on Tuesday evening. The question is will they also give Somerset publicity when we win the League Cup on Thursday and the Premier League on Sunday.

I have e-mailed them, perhaps others can do the same.

Famous last words '''''''

WHEN you win?

Big headed twit...

WHEN you win?

Big headed twit...

Hope they lose em both, just to p*ss off their promoter who *seemed to* condones violence by Rebels fans towards away supporters and bullying by her stewards. I emailed he to point out these facts, but got a ridiculous email in return basically telling me to hunt out my would be assailant and take it out on him!

Edited by Shadders

WHEN you win?

Big headed twit...

With an avatar like that, I'd expect better from you?

Hope they lose em both, just to piss off their promoter who condones violence by Rebels fans towards away supporters and bullying by her stewards.

'Condones violence and bullying'??? That's a big accusation to make on a public forum. Hope you've got a good lawyer!

'Condones violence and bullying'??? That's a big accusation to make on a public forum. Hope you've got a good lawyer!

I have an email from your promoter and witnesses to the events. Will that do?

Edited by Shadders

If they had Man Utd on the local news after winning the league would you then expect the same treatment for Aldershot? No. Small time club.

If they had Man Utd on the local news after winning the league would you then expect the same treatment for Aldershot? No. Small time club.

This is slightly different, Swindon and Somerset are both in the Points West news area, in fact Somerset nearer to Bristol where studio is located.

I have an email from your promoter and witnesses to the events. Will that do?

Well now you've edited your original post. . . . probably.

Old Timer, you never know, they might want to cover the story of you finishing runners-up in the Premier League. ;)

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Old Timer, you never know, they might want to cover the story of you finishing runners-up in the Premier League. ;)

All the best

Rob

And of how we were robbed by the stupid double bubble points tactical joker rule! ;)

• Like 1

Oh dear. What a pointless thread. Karma will bite back we will finish second now! Great one.

Much to my surprise, Rebels got a mention tonight on Points West re tonight and Fridays match plus pictures from Oak Tree Arena

Much to my surprise, Rebels got a mention tonight on Points West re tonight and Fridays match plus pictures from Oak Tree Arena

And I hope they get a mention tomorrow as they are now the Premier League Cup Champions!