British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Is There A Final 25/10?! Witches V Rebels Lc

Congrats to the Rebels who kept their nerve in the end. Its easy to knock James Wright but we need him to pick himself up tomorrow night which I am sure he will.

Well done to the Rebels for a deserved victory.

Nearly but not quite from the Witches with Dak below par and Mat outshone by Newman when it mattered.

Cook was faultless but Doyle would most likely have done the same.

Vissings kamikazee move in 13 nearly spoilt the night but didnt affect the result.

If all matches had this kind of passion and excitement then speedway would have far less problems.

• Like 2

FIrstly well done to the rebels, but I think the total lack of atmosphere and lack of presentation trying to gee the crowd to get behind our boys didn't help. It didn't seem like a cup final to me. Far better atmosphere last night with The tigers.

If all matches had this kind of passion and excitement then speedway would have far less problems.

I think the total lack of atmosphere and lack of presentation trying to gee the crowd to get behind our boys didn't help. It didn't seem like a cup final to me.

I wasn't there tonight unfortunately, so you guys are going to have to help me out here................did you both watch the same match, or have I missed something ? :blink:

A big well done to everyone who wore the Rebels colours tonight, and also to those who weren't able to..................there are some out there who should remember that there was a whole season that went into this result, not just this one meeting !!

Edited by womble53

Witches left themselves with too much to do after the first leg but nearly did it, nearly seems a fitting word for the Witches! Also it was the 3rd time a Somerset number 1 has scored a maximum at Foxhall this year, Bach and Barker have also got full houses on their travels. The Witches didn't start great but upped the pace in the mid part of the meeting all for it to die out after Vissing's move in heat 13. Crowd had got behind the boys after Poole's pass in heat 12 but then all the momentum was lost with the interval after the heat, then came Vissing's match winning move. Wiped out both Witches going into the 3rd bend, rightly excluded but damage was done,Tungate and Lanham clearly struggling in the rerun. Heat 14 saw game over as Newman who hadn't done to much until then, he had beaten a team mate and Nielsen 3 times, and Tress once, outgated a under performing North( best bikes on way to Argentina maybe?) and Tress. Witches riders not for the first time this season failed to show the trackcraft needed to pass.

Over the past couple of months the track has been riding like 2 very different tracks, bend 1/2 tight line needed, 3/4 its the outside blast, unfortunatley this seems to be unseen by the riders and management themselves. The away riders seem to know though! Another pattern seems to be that the away team adapt to the track conditions, where as the Witches are scratching their heads, not just individuals but as a whole!

Lanham, Risager, Tungate and Poole did well tonight, looked their old selves. North and Tress were below par, Nielsen is struggling with fitness possibly, maybe Jacobs in on saturday would be a good option?

Somerset did the job needed but more as Ipswich failed to do theirs over the 2 legs.

Oh well on to saturday, and a similar score will be needed to take to Newcastle, at least tacticals will not be available which is right when the score is over 2 meetings

I wasn't there tonight unfortunately, so you guys are going to have to help me out here................did you both watch the same match, or have I missed something ? :blink:

It was lacking atmosphere to start with, and wasn't until mid meeting when the Witches started to get back into it that the crowd got vocal.

Jo is a busy boy at the week end guesting, but not for the Witches.

Well done Somerset on your win.

Both Rohan and Leigh looked very shaken after the meeting tbh, nasty crash.

FIrstly well done to the rebels, but I think the total lack of atmosphere and lack of presentation trying to gee the crowd to get behind our boys didn't help. It didn't seem like a cup final to me. Far better atmosphere last night with The tigers.

And there in lies a problem as you had the same meeting presenter at both events. As that person, I can only do as much with a crowd as they are willing to give. I have never been a fan of "war-cries", as I believe they have very little effect unless the majority of the supporters participate in them. Tonight we had three, at the start mid meeting and again towards the end. If fans do not want to participate then I can't do a lot about that. Another age-old gripe is that we dont bring you enough interviews from the riders, and tonight we had reaction from riders (from both teams) along with the Witches management.

The design of Foxhall Stadium does not help, as any atmosphere that you try to create quickly disappears over the fence and off over the heath. The contrast with the Mildenhall meeting at King's Lynn was noticable from my perspective. A stadium with no near-by residents to worry about, therefore allowing the use of airhorns, a state-of-the-art PA system and back-of-house equipement rather than the aged old stuff that is at Foxhall. Plus a band of die-hard supporters who truely get behind their team whether they are winning or losing.

So rather than pointing the finger in my direction, perhaps you should point it in the direction of the very people who should be creating this mystical "atmosphere" that we hear so much about.

Regards

• Like 2

great showing from cookie, with him in the team it would have been monarchs in the ko cup final instead of ipswich!

well done somerset.

Edited by scotchopper

Well done the Rebels.

Looks like Kyle was busy last night fliting between Ipo and Peterbough. he scored 5+2 for Poole. Perhaps thats why he didn't get a 7th ride. Hes going to be Knackared for tonight :rofl:

From the BSPA Result site at 05:00 this morning

ELITE LEAGUE KO CUP S/F 2nd leg

PETERBOROUGH 50: Hans Andersen 14, Richard Lawson 10+1, Michael Jepsen 10, Rene Bach 9+3, Norbert Kosciuch 7+3, Mads Korneliussen 0, Ryan Sullivan R/R.

POOLE 43: Krzysztof Kasprzak 18+1, Niels Kristian Iversen 14, Sam Masters 6, Kyle Newman 5+2, Ricky Kling 0, Chris Holder 0, Piotr Pawlicki R/R.

Poole win 94-89 on aggregate.

LEAGUE CUP FINAL 2nd leg

IPSWICH 51: Morten Risager 11+2, Leigh Lanham 10+2, Rohan Tungate 8+2, Taylor Poole 8+1, Mathieu Tresarrieu 7+1, Dakota North 6+1, Stefan Nielsen 1.

SOMERSET 42: Craig Cook 15, Jesper B Monberg 10+1, Kyle Newman 10+1, Alex Davies 4+1, Claus Vissing 3+1, James Wright 0, Lewis Kerr 0.

Somerset win 95-90 on aggregate

Edited by idh

I'm still like a frozen block of ice.......