British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Is There A Final 25/10?! Witches V Rebels Lc

I'm still like a frozen block of ice.......

Good luck for Saturday then!! Last night was positively balmy compared to the forecast!!

Lets hope the track action is enough to warm us all up!!

After last night i feel more confident about winning the proper cup. All the riders did as well as expected except Dak, but he's been our best rider lately, so he's allowed one off night. For the past few weeks the track has been excellent, passing inside and outside all meeting (if you're quick enough), but last night that inside line didn't appear as good on bends 1&2.

Message to Pete Simmons, when changing the reserves about, dont worry about who the opposition is, just put Tress in off gate 3 or 4, and Stefan off 1 or 2. If that bloody frog screws up anymore 1st bends when he locks up and screws himself (and sometimes his teammate) then we'll be dropping more points. I enjoy watching him ride after bend 2, but the number of times his cocked up the 1st bend when he's gated of the inside, is far far too many times for my liking, and no doubt his teammates.

Oops almost forgot, well done to the Rebels.

Edited by spanner47
  • Like 1

Heat 14 saw game over as Newman who hadn't done to much until then, he had beaten a team mate and Nielsen 3 times, and Tress once, outgated a under performing North( best bikes on way to Argentina maybe?) and Tress.

How can you say that? In the context of a match of this nature, where you are defending a lead, beating your opponents riders that amount of times is a big factor in the overall result. If you push Kyle down one place in each of those races, you get an 8-point turnaround in the result, and Ipswich would now be the League Cup winners..............so I would say that he had done a lot !!

Under any circumstances 9+2 (one more point than Taylor Poole BTW) from a reserve in any match is a very important contribution

• Like 4

Good luck for Saturday then!! Last night was positively balmy compared to the forecast!!

Lets hope the track action is enough to warm us all up!!

Ah but Saturday I will have someone to cuddle up to and keep me warm......

Wasnt that bad.....

Watch the pigs are they still ok?

Eh?

Ah...do you mean my nightshirt?

Womble, I agree...Newman had a brilliant night and I groaned every time he came out as I expected him to do damage to our scoreline...which he generally did.

Ah but Saturday I will have someone to cuddle up to and keep me warm......

Eh?

Ah...do you mean my nightshirt?

Womble, I agree...Newman had a brilliant night and I groaned every time he came out as I expected him to do damage to our scoreline...which he generally did.

meant the cold

Not sure i understand that ........& if i guess right too much information

Oh! well no humble pie for me then as my realist views were proved to be correct yet again :approve: Witches lack of a big hitter cost us any real chance of ever overturning that huge 14 point deficit as Craig Cook scored the easiest 15 point maximum imaginable. Actually the Witches did give it 100% effort but you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear and the result was never in doubt. Cannot help feeling the same will happen against Newcastle and CL has alot to think about next season if EVER the Witches are going to have any success. Gates are down everywhere by 20% but I fear Witches are down more than that and last nights gate being a final was pathetic. Sky are thinking of pulling the plug on showing elite league speedway if that happens CL can spend more time on getting a more competitive Witches team together with that genuine big-hitter at no1. But the compilation of the team is so important and needs alot of nous and the finger on the button at all times so we will see ;)

How can you say that? In the context of a match of this nature, where you are defending a lead, beating your opponents riders that amount of times is a big factor in the overall result. If you push Kyle down one place in each of those races, you get an 8-point turnaround in the result, and Ipswich would now be the League Cup winners..............so I would say that he had done a lot !!

Under any circumstances 9+2 (one more point than Taylor Poole BTW) from a reserve in any match is a very important contribution

Don't get me wrong, 9+2 away from home is a great score but he didn't have to do much for his points though, take a look.

Heat 02: Tresarrieu, Newman, Nielsen, Kerr

Beat 2 NL riders inc team mate

Heat 04: Tungate, Newman, Vissing, Nielsen

Beat NL rider and Team-mate Vissing (Vissing's only time he beat an opponent)

Heat 08: Risager, Davies, Newman, Tresarrieu

Beat Tress

Heat 10: Lanham, Risager, Monberg, Newman

Heat 12: Poole, Newman, Monberg, Nielsen X

3 riders only after NL Nielsen excluded, beat Team mate

Heat 14: Newman, North, Tresarrieu, Wright

Superb gate to effectively win the Rebels the meeting.

I've always said that for riders to do their jobs the rider in Red has to beat White, Blue has to beat Yellow. So Newman did his job 5 times to 1, and thats 4 points gained, he also beat "red" in last heat so thats an extra 2. Job done! Rebels win. Couls also say the same of Vissing, his 3 points were 3 more than Ipswich got, but he only beat team mate on wrong side of a 5-1 twice and then Nielsen. Swings and roundabouts!

Oh! well no humble pie for me then as my realist views were proved to be correct yet again :approve: Witches lack of a big hitter cost us any real chance of ever overturning that huge 14 point deficit as Craig Cook scored the easiest 15 point maximum imaginable. Actually the Witches did give it 100% effort but you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear and the result was never in doubt. Cannot help feeling the same will happen against Newcastle and CL has alot to think about next season if EVER the Witches are going to have any success. Gates are down everywhere by 20% but I fear Witches are down more than that and last nights gate being a final was pathetic. Sky are thinking of pulling the plug on showing elite league speedway if that happens CL can spend more time on getting a more competitive Witches team together with that genuine big-hitter at no1. But the compilation of the team is so important and needs alot of nous and the finger on the button at all times so we will see ;)

It wasnt at the top end that we lost out though - Leigh paid 12 Morten paid 13 - it was at reserve.

Following a good win in heat 2 Mat scored 4 from 4. Newman after heat 2 scored 8 from 5.

I hope Mat will put that right on Saturday as if he does I think we will be in pole position with a decent lead.

It wasnt at the top end that we lost out though - Leigh paid 12 Morten paid 13 - it was at reserve.

Following a good win in heat 2 Mat scored 4 from 4. Newman after heat 2 scored 8 from 5.

I hope Mat will put that right on Saturday as if he does I think we will be in pole position with a decent lead.

Yes it was at the top end we lost the meeting how many times did Lanham and Risager beat Cook Somersets top end rider ???

Don't get me wrong, 9+2 away from home is a great score but he didn't have to do much for his points though, take a look.

Heat 02: Tresarrieu, Newman, Nielsen, Kerr

Beat 2 NL riders inc team mate

Heat 04: Tungate, Newman, Vissing, Nielsen

Beat NL rider and Team-mate Vissing (Vissing's only time he beat an opponent)

Heat 08: Risager, Davies, Newman, Tresarrieu

Beat Tress

Heat 10: Lanham, Risager, Monberg, Newman

Heat 12: Poole, Newman, Monberg, Nielsen X

3 riders only after NL Nielsen excluded, beat Team mate

Heat 14: Newman, North, Tresarrieu, Wright

Superb gate to effectively win the Rebels the meeting.

I've always said that for riders to do their jobs the rider in Red has to beat White, Blue has to beat Yellow. So Newman did his job 5 times to 1, and thats 4 points gained, he also beat "red" in last heat so thats an extra 2. Job done! Rebels win. Couls also say the same of Vissing, his 3 points were 3 more than Ipswich got, but he only beat team mate on wrong side of a 5-1 twice and then Nielsen. Swings and roundabouts!

You should buy your grapes at a different fruit stall sounds like the ones you bought are very sour. But if you can do a better job than newman then bring it on

Would we get this post mortem if Ipswich had won the cup?

Also noticed that snackette has gone to ground

Edited by starshooter
  • Like 1

Why do people go on about someone's paid score, its what they actually scored that matters, a paid score always looks better. Have to agree with Aljack, for a cup final 2nd leg and the teams first chance to win some proper silverware for the first time for 14 years is it? That crowd was very poor.

Why do people go on about someone's paid score, its what they actually scored that matters, a paid score always looks better. Have to agree with Aljack, for a cup final 2nd leg and the teams first chance to win some proper silverware for the first time for 14 years is it? That crowd was very poor.

So Leigh and Morten score 22 out of max poss 26.My point stands they didnt lose it for us.

I will reserve judgement on the crowd size until after Saturday. It could just be a matter of finances for many.

So Leigh and Morten score 22 out of max poss 26.My point stands they didnt lose it for us.

I will reserve judgement on the crowd size until after Saturday. It could just be a matter of finances for many.

No sorry to correct you but they scored 21 out of a possible 30 whereas Cook scored a faultless 15 maximum! Its been like this ever since CL did not sign a genuine big hitter when dropping into the inferior premier league.

You may well be right about the crowd but I very much doubt the crowd will be any bigger as they have lost interest in watching this mish mash of on the down or hasbeen riders every week and at £15.50 who can blame them???

I didn't say they did loose it for us, it just makes their scores look a little better than they are. Although both of those riders are not the most exciting to watch, I hope they are both in next seasons team. Louis mentioned looking at Matt again for next year, for me he would be one of the last of this years team to be looking at. Stefan isn't looking so appealing now either, but he has a few hard crashes recently, and I dare say his machinery has taken a battering, but his last few appearances haven't been great to be honest.

Aljack they can't score 30 as they race together 3 times so only 1 of them can win.