British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Is There A Final 25/10?! Witches V Rebels Lc

Like bruv, i'll reserve judgement on the crowd until tomorrow night. Having 2 cup finals in 3 days in financial suicide, lets hope the idiots that run this sport make sure this never happens again, and the cup in finished in July/August when crowd levels are always higher. Get there early tomorrow aljerk, even with horrible cold weather i expect last nights crowd figure to be doubled. Like us, table topping Newcastle haven't got a "big hitter", that should dispel the trolls theory about supa dupa No 1's.

No sorry to correct you but they scored 21 out of a possible 30 whereas Cook scored a faultless 15 maximum! Its been like this ever since CL did not sign a genuine big hitter when dropping into the inferior premier league.

You may well be right about the crowd but I very much doubt the crowd will be any bigger as they have lost interest in watching this mish mash of on the down or hasbeen riders every week and at £15.50 who can blame them???

Will give you it was 21 - fat fingers/little phone keyboard!!! Was max poss 26 though as they ride together and cant both score 3.

Rohan,Dak,Tay,Cam,Stefan - are they on the down or has beens Aljerk??

You should buy your grapes at a different fruit stall sounds like the ones you bought are very sour. But if you can do a better job than newman then bring it on

Would we get this post mortem if Ipswich had won the cup?

Also noticed that snackette has gone to ground [/size]

Not sour grapes at all, Newman did his job, rides foxhall well and scored double figures. Its just all be it aided by poor opposition, but that's not his fault, can only beat whats put in front of him.

No sorry to correct you but they scored 21 out of a possible 30 whereas Cook scored a faultless 15 maximum! Its been like this ever since CL did not sign a genuine big hitter when dropping into the inferior premier league.

You may well be right about the crowd but I very much doubt the crowd will be any bigger as they have lost interest in watching this mish mash of on the down or hasbeen riders every week and at £15.50 who can blame them???

He didn't score a "faultless 15 maximum" as he only had 4 rides, one of which was the tactical which made it to 15.

Leigh and Morten had 5 rides so they could of scored 15 each, Cook had 4 rides which means he realistly scored 12.

Stick to the facts.

EDIT: As Bruv said, they couldn't of scored 15 each as they rode together in heat 15

Edited by Ipswich Jules

You really have to wonder about anyone who posts a smug smiley when their team has lost a cup final.....the kind of 'fan' that every club could do without.

You really have to wonder about anyone who posts a smug smiley when their team has lost a cup final.....the kind of 'fan' that every club could do without.

With a bit of luck your lot will be chasing honours next season Bagpuss. Looking forward to our Good Friday meetings when you lot come back to a League that suits you. When was the last time you watched your lads ride? Buster & Jonny Boy must be chomping at the bit to get back to being a big fish in a smaller pond again. Instead of an empty Stadium for 2 months, you could have been watching play/offs and cup finals. Hmmm, if i owned my own Stadium what would i want?????

Ah that old chestnut again :rolleyes: Buster seems to prefer quality over quantity at present and its my preference too. As corrupt as the competition is I hope and expect that we'll be in the EL again although it never pays to assume anything when it comes to speedway.

It wasnt at the top end that we lost out though - Leigh paid 12 Morten paid 13 - it was at reserve.

Following a good win in heat 2 Mat scored 4 from 4. Newman after heat 2 scored 8 from 5.

I hope Mat will put that right on Saturday as if he does I think we will be in pole position with a decent lead.

However, I think that Mortons 1 (One) point at somerset lost us the Cup.