British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

Workington V Berwick 26/10 - Last Meeting At Workington... For This Year

Aspergren went really well tonight, some good racing as well on a dry track that needed some watering, all the Comets side went well too and said they would like to be back next year, then again riders do not like it at Worky. :wink::approve:

• Like 1

Some good exciting heats on show tonight nice one boys!

Thanks to all at Workington this year the promotion and riders really enjoyed the racing :-):-):-)

Thanks to all at Workington this year the promotion and riders really enjoyed the racing :-):-):-)

• Like 1

Big thanks to Keith and the promotion team for keeping Speedway alive in Workington, oh it was a little cool tonight!!

Why not make the season run from April to September, makes sense to me?

• Like 1

Big thanks to Keith and the promotion team for keeping Speedway alive in Workington, oh it was a little cool tonight!!

Why not make the season run from April to September, makes sense to me?

Take away the rain-offs and it would have been well finished by now.

2012 was a freak year for weather. 2013 and beyond must be better!

Agree do away with some comps.

so was 2011 !!

A good meeting from both sides considering it was a meeting that probably both didn't want to race, the wee lad Liam Carr tried hard good of Berwick to let him have a shot at it.

A mixed season of bad luck, injuries and terrible weather put paid to our hopes of silverware but we did get the Best Pairs which was a honour. The lads have gave us some great racing this season and I really hope we get the majority of them back next year in Comets colours.

Thanks very much to Keith & his family for the last 5 years and best of luck to Laura,Steve and Jacko for the 2013 season. Lets hope its not too long of a winter but is nice to know we are safe for the next 2years :) .

Workington Comets 2013 - what a great thought :approve:

• Like 3

Good to here it was a decent meeting.I fail to grasp why people knock meetings by saying there is nothing at stake.Rider want to earn money and most of them enjoy riding their bike thats why they ride speedway.Entertaining the fans is what it is all about.
  • Like 4

brilliant racing and passing from oth sides, one of the best meetings all year.

keith and his team. his family.thanks for a brilliant five years.

i do hope you will come back onto the second bend and watch and enjoy your speedway again as a fan, have a great xmas. all the best. john and family.

• Like 4

good meeting last night. pity mr denham didnt/wouldnt say goodbye to his supporters. the fans stuck by ihm and gave as much support as they could possibly afford.he brought together a really good side. pity h e had no man management skills . but we are all human and do make the ODD mistake. hope he comes back to worky as a paying fan and continues to spend his money at workington.

good meeting last night. pity mr denham didnt/wouldnt say goodbye to his supporters. the fans stuck by ihm and gave as much support as they could possibly afford.he brought together a really good side. pity h e had no man management skills . but we are all human and do make the ODD mistake. hope he comes back to worky as a paying fan and continues to spend his money at workington.

Oh give it a rest, without Keith Denham we wouldn't have had a team to support over the last five years, he didn't claim to have good management skills, if you though you could do any better then you should have put your money where your mouth is. Just to clear things up, Keith said goodbye to the supporters at last weeks meeting before handing over to the new owners.

Bring on 2013 :)

• Like 3

put my money where my mouth is,, you are having a larf. got the t shirt mate..