British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ride n Slide Dayz 2012

Dragons Championship Meeting Postponed Due To Bad Weather

I have just been informed that due to bad weather at the Norfolk Arena, our Club Class Championship meeting has been postponed.

After just one rain off in the previous three seasons this is now the fifth cancellation we have suffered in 2012 which just defies comprehension.

We now keep everything crossed for our final event of the 2012 campaign which is our End of Season Big Bash, a speedway event with a twist !!! This has proved hugely popular over the last couple of seasons with riders from all three of our classes pulling together for a common goal without the pointless stupidity of having to go head-to-head with people one or two classes above them.

This final event of the season takes place on Saturday November 10th with a 4pm start time, so the majority of the days racing will be under the superb floodlights they have at the stadium. What more could you want, full on amateur speedway, at one of the top Elite League circuits in the country, under floodlights and all run in one of the best atmospheres around, you really don't want to miss this one !!

Reserve your place in the usual way by contacting Julie Tutton on 01633 858899 or 07920 002785

This event is open to all, members and non-members alike, so if you STILL haven't had the 'Dragons Experience' you couldn't wish for a better time to give it a go.

Look forward to seeing you there

Russ

As the build up begins for what will potentially be my last time on the bike at the weekend (Saturday 10th). Focus is on beating my performance from last year where I achieved my first heat win at the Norfolk Arena. This time we will all be riding under the lights as the event will start in the early evening. A once in a lifetime experience!! Can I beat 20(+1) points from 2011??

Which reminds me, while I focus on next week's performance I still have to put together the footage from my last event in October. Other matters have got in the way which has prevented me making the video.

While I embark on these challenges I hope you all think this is worth just a small donation towards the Scoliosis Campaign Fund for their wonderful work they do? Either an online donation here: http://www.mycharitypage.com/Woodee. Or if you attending on Saturday 10th at the Norfolk Arena, I will be coming around the pits with a bucket for spare change. Please give what you can!