British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2013

So, assuming Stoke are NL in 2013, which I have no reason to doubt, who would we want? It's a safe assumption that Birks won't be back, and I personally wouldn't take Tony Atkin back. While he is a great guy to have in the pits, he seems to have gone backwards this season. A shame, but I don't think he is worth a 7.75 next season.

Other than that, I would quite happily see the following team:

1) Gary Irving 8.17

2) James Cockle 6.24

3) Ben Reade 7.70

4) Ollie Greenwood 6.57

5) Shane Hazelden 4.57

6) Liam Rumsey 3

7) Liam Carr 3.61

Total = 39.86

I appreciate that is unlikely to happen, but I think it would be a good mix. I appreciate Scunthorpe will probably want Irving and Greenwood, but I think a change of track would do Hazelden some good. Rumsey has shown enough to warrent a 3 point place next season, and I would love Liam Carr back. Reade has been fantastic this season, and Cockle has improved his average since joining Stoke. While I don't expect him to be a 9 point rider, he is a solid 7.5 rider.

I guess we will see though!

Looks good - what are the chances of either Worrall riding NL next year ? Or with their PL and EL commitments do we want to avoid ?

i think there is no doubt that we will be in NL next year....as long as we don't go bump...I'm not sure if DT's 3 year plan meant 3 years NL, or back to PL in the 3rd, but even if he meant the latter, after all the rain offs and poor crowds, I can't see us considering PL next year.

Looks good - what are the chances of either Worrall riding NL next year ? Or with their PL and EL commitments do we want to avoid ?

i think there is no doubt that we will be in NL next year....as long as we don't go bump...I'm not sure if DT's 3 year plan meant 3 years NL, or back to PL in the 3rd, but even if he meant the latter, after all the rain offs and poor crowds, I can't see us considering PL next year.

Richie's average will be too high to double up with us, not sure about Steve.

The only other name I considered was Simon Lambert. His PL average has dipped below 5, so he could double up, but on a 9.6 is a big chunk of average.

According to James Cockles facebook he has not been paid bye the club.

According to Liam Carr on Facebook, they get their last pay when they attend the end of season do - I assume this is as an incentive to attend !

According to Liam Carr on Facebook, they get their last pay when they attend the end of season do - I assume this is as an incentive to attend !

If thats the case its a wonder anyone would sign for Stoke! I can imagine my boss telling me I could only have my december pay check if i turn up at the xmas party!

If thats the case its a wonder anyone would sign for Stoke! I can imagine my boss telling me I could only have my december pay check if i turn up at the xmas party!

Lol - not quite, as the party is for the fans really not the riders, and if they paid the riders at the end of the last meeting, it must be tempting to be conveniently away for party time ! Having said that, they should have the party in the diary by now, or pay up - not fair to keep them hanging on.

Not sure the ethical argument stands up here. In my line of work I am bound by P&P's with regards to discussing work on FB shouldn't professional' sportsmen/women be boundby the same? :rolleyes:

Edited by TMW

Not sure the ethical argument stands up here. In my line of work I am bound by P&P's with regards to discussing work on FB shouldn't professional' sportsmen/women be boundby the same? :rolleyes:

Where would we get the gossip if they did that ! :lol:

To be fair to Liam, his comment was an aside, somebody asked if there was going to be an end of season do, and he said he thought they would be as that's when they get their final pay.

Is this the last year of the NL racing 3 years then?

I can't remember if the 3 year plan was 3 years NL, or back to PL in 3rd year - but whatever it was, I reckon next year is definitely NL !

Is this the last year of the NL racing 3 years then?

Phil, Stoke have only done 2 years at NL level the first being 2011 and the second this season 2012 so next season would be the 3rd. Also the 3 year plan statement you seem to be aligning to was NOT made by Dave Tattum it was made by someone else.

Phil, Stoke have only done 2 years at NL level the first being 2011 and the second this season 2012 so next season would be the 3rd. Also the 3 year plan statement you seem to be aligning to was NOT made by Dave Tattum it was made by someone else.

OK I was being a little sarcastic in my post, but honestly has dropping to the NL helped Stoke? 2 years on and now we have riders on social media stating they haven't been paid. This didn't happen when they were PL, to my knowledge anyway.

I honestly don't think the current Stoke promition are good for Stoke Speedway, they are keeping it going, but just how many have they driven away from Loomer rd? Getting those supporters back won't be easy, the Stoke track is one of the best I have watched speedway at and it's a shame the club is not still in the PL.