British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2013

Anyone who gives themselves the nick name Adonis has to be highly opinionated. In Greek Mythology Adonis was the God of Love and Desire. I saw little of these qualities in his post hence it seems a total misnomer. He doesn't even tell us what lies behind the array of quotes he has gathered together above perhaps his naming qualities reflect also his expression. His literacy seems to lie in childish emoticons. Emerson Jones was almost totally wiped out at Buxton in a fearsome accident that must have left him financially and mentally destroyed. He is trying to re-group. People like Adonis should leave him alone to sort out his future. Malcolm Vasey

Well said Malcolm.

• Like 1

I'll probably "get shot" for posting this! But its a comment by Brisca F1 stock car drivers in regard to the Stoke track. It appears originally on Roger's UK Oval Racing Pages:

1/10/13 The Wanderer sends us one of his fascinating insights into the sport, this time from Stoke....

Before heading off to Stoke for the 28th September meeting I read on the Startrax website that there was a possibility that Loomer Road Stadium would not host F1 racing in 2014 and with doubts beyond that. It seems that with Startrax staging the 2014 F1 World at Brandon their fixture allocation may not be able to accommodate Stoke.

Much was also written in the Startrax official race day programme about where Brisca F1 is heading, the number of fixtures, the inclusion of ‘guest tracks’ in the fixture list, the increasing cost and speed of the cars and the challenge of maintaining car numbers.

They also report that a number of drivers are less than happy with the rough track surface at Stoke. I won’t enter that debate other than to say that I’ve tried to get to every F1 meeting at Stoke since it reopened and it never fails to produce some serious ‘old fashioned stock car racing’. It’s a track that I always enjoyed racing back in the ‘90s even with the post & wires, bumps and occasional swamp on the infield! I think there’s agreement that Stoke is a great leveller and that it doesn’t necessarily favour the more sophisticated cars.

Edited by Guest

In my previous quote from "Roger's UK Oval Racing Pages" regarding Statrtrax and Stoke, I think the implication is that it is only Brisca F1 stock cars that MAY be curtailed at Stoke in 2014. For the other formulas in 2014 its certain to be "business as usual" as I undertand the situation.

As they have a meeting set for Sunday December 29 that indicates strongly a long term Startrax interest in Stoke to me.

Edited by Guest