British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2013

OK I was being a little sarcastic in my post, but honestly has dropping to the NL helped Stoke? 2 years on and now we have riders on social media stating they haven't been paid. This didn't happen when they were PL, to my knowledge anyway.

I honestly don't think the current Stoke promition are good for Stoke Speedway, they are keeping it going, but just how many have they driven away from Loomer rd? Getting those supporters back won't be easy, the Stoke track is one of the best I have watched speedway at and it's a shame the club is not still in the PL.

i personally think vasey n co have done you no favour's what so ever the track is awful the stadium shabby at best electrics are a running joke food gone down hill and the bar is the kind of place you wipe your feet on way out a lick of paint re laid track new flooring better electrics and a proper team to be proud of and not top heavy with come and go reserves i think stoke fans deserve better as they were just as passion et as the heathens but think talking to them now think they have had stuffing knocked out of them what we wouldnt give for loomers in dudley

i personally think vasey n co have done you no favour's what so ever the track is awful the stadium shabby at best electrics are a running joke food gone down hill and the bar is the kind of place you wipe your feet on way out a lick of paint re laid track new flooring better electrics and a proper team to be proud of and not top heavy with come and go reserves i think stoke fans deserve better as they were just as passion et as the heathens but think talking to them now think they have had stuffing knocked out of them what we wouldnt give for loomers in dudley

Sounds like you are trying to pied piper us Potters fans to the land of the pork scratching's. There is a lot wrong at Loomer Road but the picture isn't quite as black as you paint, (and yes it does need a lick around the place). The track isn't too bad; doesn't seem to be as good as a few years ago but apart from the third bend that has some sort of a hole that jumps out on riders it gives reasonable racing if conditions allow. All tracks have suffered this year, so to judge so Stoke is a little unfair. The design has been copied by Vojens so the shape must be ok. Money stops the improvements in the bar etc and is very poor; so agree there. Food is poor also but I'm not a fish and chips and pies fan so all tracks get a miss on the food front for me. Teams are allowed to build as they see fit and no one way is the best way. If....and this is a big if the lads on the 3 point averages had come good then Stoke could of been sitting happy. Look at the lad that has signed for IOW; which I think will start on a 3 and be a heat leader in no time; of course, with the stupid rules speedway have he will stay there for most of the season. Unfortunately not every 3 pointer turns in to a heat leader and if removed to get someone else in the team gets shot for the change. Every successful teams have to have riders who increase their scoring potential massively before the averages catch up with them. That said I have had the stuffing knocked out of me but not by Stoke but by speedway in general and at present will not be going to Loomer Rd or any track next year. Too many riders who shouldn't be in the league because they are too good and too many who are not yet at NL standard, leaves the gap between the riders in the league too big. Speedway needs to get riders of similar standard riding against each other and not as we have at present. I thought Liam Rumsey did his very best for Stoke and if there were 14 riders of his standard riding against each other I would go, but to see "racing" from most tracks I visited (only four last year) with riders finishing 1/2 to 3/4 of a lap in front of the last rider is what is going to keep me away not the poorish state of the stadiums.

Where would we get the gossip if they did that ! :lol:

To be fair to Liam, his comment was an aside, somebody asked if there was going to be an end of season do, and he said he thought they would be as that's when they get their final pay.

The right or wrongs aside as it's only rumour but don't you think it's sad, if it is the case, that a promoter feels he has to hold wages back to get the riders to a party designed to promote the club, thank the fans for their support and allow the fans to mingle with the lads they have supported over the season?. Last year Scott Richardson had already announced his retirement :cry: and stil turned up to the Colts party to thank all concerned for a fab season.

According to Liam Carr on Facebook, they get their last pay when they attend the end of season do - I assume this is as an incentive to attend !

Unfortunately for Liam Carr, according the Stoke website they have cancelled their end of season do until sometime next year!

Unfortunately for Liam Carr, according the Stoke website they have cancelled their end of season do until sometime next year!

Hopefully he'll get paid anyway !

The right or wrongs aside as it's only rumour but don't you think it's sad, if it is the case, that a promoter feels he has to hold wages back to get the riders to a party designed to promote the club, thank the fans for their support and allow the fans to mingle with the lads they have supported over the season?. Last year Scott Richardson had already announced his retirement :cry: and stil turned up to the Colts party to thank all concerned for a fab season.

But at NL level, they're lowly paid and may have to travel distances to go - so if there is no financial incentive, you can understand them thinking.....nah !

Hopefully he'll get paid anyway !

But at NL level, they're lowly paid and may have to travel distances to go - so if there is no financial incentive, you can understand them thinking.....nah !

It has been said on many occasions that the riders don't do enough to gain valuable sponsorship needed and that casual appeals on FB is not enough. Attending an awards evenings and networking with the fans is certainly a step in the right direction however far you have to travel.

Stoke have made no definite arrangement with any rider for our 2012 squad.

At the moment I think it is important to be aware what revisions come out of the AGM of the sport and then arrange to discuss the National League. Until then the rumour mill will grind away no doubt but I feel the next National League meeting is of extreme urgency once the top clubs have advised us what general changes there will be and how they will affect us.

Malcolm Vasey

Edited by Proud Potter

Stoke have made no definite arrangement with any rider for our 2012 squad.

At the moment I think it is important to be aware what revisions come out of the AGM of the sport and then arrange to discuss the National League. Until then the rumour mill will grind away no doubt but I feel the next National League meeting is of extreme urgency once the top clubs have advised us what general changes there will be and how they will affect us.

Malcolm Vasey

2013 squad

2013 squad

yes thank you perhaps be a good idea to revisit the 2012 squad as well or is it a week or two too late

Malcolm Vasey

yes thank you perhaps be a good idea to revisit the 2012 squad as well or is it a week or two too late

Malcolm Vasey

never too late mate

Everybody seems to be signing people except us :(

Just because none have been announced it does not say that none have been signed Chubby

Edited by Derek 613
  • Like 1