British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2013

been told charles wright could be stoke bound in swap for tony atkin i think buxton would be silly to fall for that one but if he is still at glasgow i can see it happening is branford coming back to buxton would love to know

been told charles wright could be stoke bound in swap for tony atkin i think buxton would be silly to fall for that one but if he is still at glasgow i can see it happening is branford coming back to buxton would love to know

Charles isn't ours to swap with anyone. Whoever he rides for is down to his parent club and himself.

• Like 1

So, one from left field. Our first signing has just been confirmed as Lee Smart on a 9.58.

If he returns to previous form, will be one of the top riders in the league. No doubt about it.

Welcome back!

Ben Reade is signing number 2 on a 7.70

That has to be stokes No1 & 2 I would have thought, leaves 22.72 for 5 riders, take away say 6.00 for reserves, leaves roughly 16.72 for the other three. I would expect to see young Carr in the Team also, which would leave around 13 for the last 2 riders.

Edited by greyhoundp

Big If thou. Gamble on such a high average.

All the best smarty

Smarty was a great skipper for us in 2010 but looked well off the pace during last seasons golden hammer, hope he can get back to his best though!! Good luck Lee.

That has to be stokes No1 & 2 I would have thought, leaves 22.72 for 5 riders, take away say 6.00 for reserves, leaves roughly 16.72 for the other three. I would expect to see young Carr in the Team also, which would leave around 13 for the last 2 riders.

I would imagine our reserves, hopefully, will be Emerson Jones and Liam Carr. If Carr is to start in the main body, I wouldn't mind something like

1) Lee Smart 9.58

2) Liam Carr 3.61

3) Paul Starke/Jake Knight/Any rider up to 6.37

4) Adam McKinna 6.74

5) Ben Reade 7.70

6) 3 pointer

7) Emerson Jones 3

I think that team would be alright. McKinna is an 8 point rider in a 6.7 average, Carr is only going one way, and Emerson Jones looks a good prospect.

Now if that other 3 pointer could be Robert Lambert I would be very happy!

Good news about Ben, but do you think he's ready for the no 5 berth ?

I think he could be. He made massive strides last year and the only times he looked off it were when his bikes looked poor also. I know....I imagine it's quite an expensive game running speedway bikes and don't know the money Ben has, with backers to put into his bikes. Given he has the bikes he will be ok. He acquitted himself very well against some of the better riders in the league and I would think all who saw his races against Tom Perry ( Dudley reserve if I remember correctly) will be hoping for that kind of form. Always difficult with the distorted way that speedway do the averages what would be a reflective average for Ben at this stage. Last year he started as 3 and nobody thought that was right....he went to 8 point something...and nobody thought that was right, so maybe 7.7 is ok to start and the management must feel, like I do that there is still improvement in Ben. Lee is an "interesting" signing as it all based on him hitting his 2010 form from the off. One thing in his favor is that he knows he has the talent to do that average because he has done it before, so mentally he should be ok. Hope that Liam and ..Liam sign again and depending on the last riders it may tempt me back and have to face the ridicule of all my friends who I had said to that I would not be back next year. Has anybody seen Emerson ride?. Was he not in any of the midland teams last year?

Edited by Steeplejack
  • Like 1

Good news about Ben, but do you think he's ready for the no 5 berth ?

If he aint ready now he never will be!!!! 3rd year NL should be heat leaders at the very least

If he aint ready now he never will be!!!! 3rd year NL should be heat leaders at the very least

If riders who did not make heat leader in three years retired then we would certainly have a fair turn over of riders!!!

So, Stoke have announced their third signing as Luke Priest on a 5.67.

Didn't see that one coming, but definitely has the ability to up that!

So, Stoke have announced their third signing as Luke Priest on a 5.67.

Didn't see that one coming, but definitely has the ability to up that!

If you finish off with Adam McKinna, Liam Carr, Emerson Jones and another 3 pointer (Liam Rumsey?), it doesn't look a bad team but I can't see it challenging for honours come October, unless Jones turns into something special.