British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lewis

2013 - Changes / What Do You Like ?

Bin the tactical ride and have one tac sub off 15 metres is a must - If you can't build a competitive team tough!

4tt qualifying rounds would be fantastic too but then we say that every year!

Bin the tactical ride and have one tac sub off 15 metres is a must

Bit harsh making them start a lap behind at Plymouth! :wink:

If a team are on a 5-1 and one of the other team comes off it should be awarded. Agree no tac subs in 2 legged matches, not fair on the team who may stay close in the first leg until the later heats

Top 4 only for play-off but call it the Grand Final, have the table topper as champions. Next 4 for Young Shield or whatever they call it.

ps no complaint about Scunny winning, everyone knew the rules and it wasn't their fault Worky and Edin couldn't ride.

I agree with the 5-1 bit, but would say that only if the rider is not injured e.g. pretending or looking around at rider postions etc.

I know that riders can stay down to get the re-run but its quite obvious to the crowd when this happens so surely it must to the ref as well but all what happens is the team on a 5-1 get penalised.

Here we go: six to start

1 Ban several users of the Berwick Forum or better still close it down and give us some peace and quiet.

2 No more Tactical Rides, go back to tactical subs after 6 down (twice) in meeting

3 Use anyone you like in Heat 15

4 League fixtures and KO Cup only (maybe 2h and 2 a against all in PL)

5 If play offs same as Elite, with 2 semis then Final

6 Use of 3 point Brit at Reserve all season

Here we go: six to start

1 Ban several users of the Berwick Forum or better still close it down and give us some peace and quiet.

2 No more Tactical Rides, go back to tactical subs after 6 down (twice) in meeting

3 Use anyone you like in Heat 15

4 League fixtures and KO Cup only (maybe 2h and 2 a against all in PL)

5 If play offs same as Elite, with 2 semis then Final

6 Use of 3 point Brit at Reserve all season

so if your 3 pt brit ups his average a rider must be dropped and replaced with another 3 pt brit ?

Bring back the silver helmet

Grading at set heats to avoid doctoring gates

Don't count league cup towards averages

Good idea, in principle, but we want to reduce costs, not increase them.

As for video evidence, not all tracks are covered by a DVD company (at least they weren't in 2012).

I'll probably get 'shot down' for this, but a reduction in the team points to somewhere between 38 and 40 will help in reducing costs. Once things (financially) have settled down a bit, that can always be increased.

3pt British rider must be named in every team at the start of the season.

Agree with Play-offs (but not for the league title). Go back to the Young Shield type end of season trophy (IF there's time!) for the Top 8.

A reduction in the points limit sounds good in theory (as a cost cut method) but will bring other problems.

Are there enough 3 - 4 point riders around to make it viable?

Given that there is currently no north east / scottish based NL track would NL riders be prepared to travel or would it leave Redcar, Newcastle, Berwick, Glasgow & Edinburgh struggling to complete their teams and all competing for a short list of riders (thus pushing up market value of reserves while second-strings and heat leaders can't find team places)?

You only have to look at Newcastle's inability to replace the Worrall's this year to see the potential pitfalls. There aren't many Paul Starke's out there.

Dont dumb down anymore to supposedly reduce costs. Its a false economy.

A limit as low as 38 was suggested earlier - this would require all the No1s being ditched or teams would need3 3pointers. One year later all those riders have false higher averages.

I would like to see British only reserves.

Remove the double points tactical. Revise the old tac rules - the rider taking the ride can only replace a rider no more than 2 places lower in the averages. ie a No1 could only replace 2 or 3.

Assessed averages to remain in place even if not achieved.

Cup competitions to have cut off dates for each round.

British only reserves one a 3 pointer at the start of the season ....Re run races except starting infringements.,, to be restarted in the positions they were in , when the race was stopped.....ie,, leader at tapes .,2nd placed on 5 yards ,,3rd placed on ten yards,, this would be a lot fairer to the riders and the teams......

I would say no tacs at all, make it if you lose by less than 10 away you get the extra point, win by more than 10 at home you get the extra point AND re-introduce aggregate bonus point too.

But IF you want to keep a form of tac, make it double points for the heat for everyone, so if you get a 5-1 its turns into a 10-2 if you get a 1-5 reverse its 2-10 tough.

1 British reserve under 25

Doubling up to Elite for riders under 25 and only allow it for 1 season only, not to be used as a pension fund but to genuinely see if you want to move up.

Tapes offence for touching tapes only, not good starts!

so if your 3 pt brit ups his average a rider must be dropped and replaced with another 3 pt brit ?

Sorry I should have clarified. No use 3pt starting average Brit all season irrespective of his average month to month

Dont dumb down anymore to supposedly reduce costs. Its a false economy.

A limit as low as 38 was suggested earlier - this would require all the No1s being ditched or teams would need3 3pointers. One year later all those riders have false higher averages.

I would like to see British only reserves.

Remove the double points tactical. Revise the old tac rules - the rider taking the ride can only replace a rider no more than 2 places lower in the averages. ie a No1 could only replace 2 or 3.

Assessed averages to remain in place even if not achieved.

Cup competitions to have cut off dates for each round.

Couldnt agree more with the Dumbing down bit, they have done this for years and it reduces the quality of the racing, this years 6 point men would just become next years 8 point men and demand the higher money next year

Drop the tactical rides. They are a farce.

Two newbies this season thought I was joking when I explained what was happening. They were still laughing about it the next day.

They make the sport look amateurish.

I'm not a fan of the tactical rides but do like that an away team has a chance to keep in the match or least try to get a point, the bug bear for me though is a home team using it when they should already have home track advantage (set ups etc).

would like to see rule that if you decide to replace a rider then you can only bring in a rider with the same points as the riders starting points.

this would stop teams from using low point riders, then replacing them with 8pt riders