British Speedway Forum
skoobie

Gary Havelock........

scored by rubbishtu :)

your joking, you mean you wernt serious all along.... I've been had :)

Keeper lobbed from the half way line ..... 3 - 0!

must been Scottish then?? :)

Back chat to the referee ..... Yellow card.

Keeper lobbed from the half way line ..... 3 - 0!

A well meaning thread and question. Taken to the extreme that something serious might have happened, then to the total opposite of a fishing contest. You have either lost the plot or are totally sick.

• Like 2

Not quite sure what you are getting at here to be honest.

I see nothing wrong with the title, and cal for these types of titles to be banned seems very excessive.

maybe if we wanted to discuss speedway engines some people would want us to start the thread tractor tyres ?

i do sort off see where there coming from but how else do they expect some one to head a thread other than the actual subjet they want to talk about

Thank you very much but I don't need anything spelling out to me.

Try reading the Clive Dunn thread on the General Discussion pages, and you see the words after Clive Dunn.

RIP.

That's 3 letters :blink:

The title of this thread made me feel sick before I read it

Indeed. We Diamond fans none too keen to see the name Havelock in print

Rider's name in discussion thread = concern ... what's happened to a rider...?

Rider's name in League thread = curiosity... what's a rider done now to have a thread named after him...?

• Like 1

Unfortantly i think the next time we will see Gary Havelock riding is when he does his last 4 laps in a farewell meeting in all honesty. I know Havvy has come back from bad injuries in the past but he is 44 years of age, after his comment on twitter saying it going to be slow recovery i highly doubt he will be on a bike by the 2013 season, so i cant' see him coming back in 2014 after nearly two years out of racing and being 46 years of age, i can't see him riding again, i'd love to see him ride he really is one of my favorite riders to watch and an out and out legend of the sport. But realisitcly i don't think he will ride again this crash i think he might have realised he isn't a young lad anymore and his bones don't mend like they did and with that and the injuries he has suffered. I just cant see it happening

I think the Question is when and where Redcar or Poole or will he have to farewell meetings

Edited by BearsBoy

No need for nastiness folks just a bit more thought when starting threads. Calm down. If it was called "Gary Havelock - any news?" everyone's happy. No biggie - just a bit more thought.

I for one hope for the best reasons that he calls it a day - I'd hate for him to get more damage in future. He'd make a great manager/coach though.

• Like 1

I think the Question is when and where Redcar or Poole or will he have to farewell meetings

A British rider of that calibre should have both.

• Like 3

Indeed. We Diamond fans none too keen to see the name Havelock in print

HAVELOCK #1

A British rider of that calibre should have both.

That's what I'd like to see a home and away meeting Redcar VII v Poole VII.

It would be a fitting tribute to a speedway legend.

• Like 1

Personally, I hope Gary does not take to the Track again. He has had a very long and distinguished career in Speedway. He is a former World Champion - you don't get much better than that. I have two reasons for not wanting him to Race again, firstly I would hate to see Gary injured further, the body can only take so much punishment. Secondly - I want to remember Gary Havelock as the GREAT Rider he was - I would take no pleasure in seeing him being beaten by opposition Reserves.

Gary will always be a LEGEND to those on Teesside and elsewhere - that is the way he should stay.

Drac - I agree with you about the Home and Away Meetings with Poole - a GREAT idea. :approve: :approve:

• Like 5

Or maybe home and away meetings with Redcar v Bradford ;)