Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Odds On North & South Pl 2013?

That is the big problem with anything like this you are going to find a team or teams that it will never suit, Somerset would fall into that category because they don't have another local team in the league.

To be honest I am just putting the thought out there, to see what people think.

well I think your original idea, is the best,(upto now) idea to suit the majority ov folk, but,,, not everyone will agree, but hey-ho,,, :t:

Giving the fans less attractive meetings I'm sure is not the way to go when crowds are down. Aren't we suppose to be thinking of getting more folk through the gates? Personally I dont think any of these suggestions will do that!

Giving the fans less attractive meetings I'm sure is not the way to go when crowds are down. Aren't we suppose to be thinking of getting more folk through the gates? Personally I dont think any of these suggestions will do that!

Interesting you say that, why do you say that it less attractive, than what we already have?

3 groups of 4 would be more than enough. It does allow for continuity, because as & when more teams enter the PL the groups could be adjusted to accomodate them.

How the same fixtures (but all now PL) as last year is less attractive doesn't make sense. What it does do is eradicate "fag-end" matches from the PT by incorporating them into the league.

It's all just moving deckchairs though & not addressing the iceberg that speedway is heading towards.

Edited by Backless

Seriously? Is this going to help the sport get back on its feet? I doubt it very much

Only addressing part of the problem, obviously there are other issues.

But interested in what you have to say any suggestions?

Edited by spin king

Scunny and Sheffiled would also just race each other as Leicester for all intents and purposes is going into the EL :cry:

and I'm affraid it will be the NL boys nipping down to Plymouth as they have already said they are going NL

Scunny and Sheffiled would also just race each other as Leicester for all intents and purposes is going into the EL :cry:

and I'm affraid it will be the NL boys nipping down to Plymouth as they have already said they are going NL

If you read my original post it does say subject to what happens to both Leicester and Plymouth do this coming season.

Interesting you say that, why do you say that it less attractive, than what we already have?

Hi spinny......Riding the same team twice in the league could be boring. Riding against the same team in a different competitions is more exciting, with the possibilty of 2 trophies. If the first meeting turned out to be, say a hammering for one team fans would probably not go to the second meeting. I'd prefer that money was saved by scraping a couple of competitions, as long as we keep the " Riders Championship, pairs, 4s and KOC " This year with 6 teams in the play offs with 2 mini leagues it didn't work successfully for all teams due to the weather. So I agree with what someone suggested ( on another thread )that top team in the league get seeded through to final and 2nd and 3rd play off to meet them for the title. That should give us all plenty of meetings with enough trophies for teams to go for. Others will disagree this is only my perfsonal choice.

Hi spinny......Riding the same team twice in the league could be boring. Riding against the same team in a different competitions is more exciting, with the possibilty of 2 trophies. If the first meeting turned out to be, say a hammering for one team fans would probably not go to the second meeting. I'd prefer that money was saved by scraping a couple of competitions, as long as we keep the " Riders Championship, pairs, 4s and KOC " This year with 6 teams in the play offs with 2 mini leagues it didn't work successfully for all teams due to the weather. So I agree with what someone suggested ( on another thread )that top team in the league get seeded through to final and 2nd and 3rd play off to meet them for the title. That should give us all plenty of meetings with enough trophies for teams to go for. Others will disagree this is only my perfsonal choice.

Some fair comments in those words.

On hearing of the losses by PL teams, and viable cost cutting, what are the odds on North & South PL for 2013, brought together with play offs at the end of the season?. Seems on the face of it, not a bad idea, more local derbies, combined with less travel costs, for riders and supporters alike. I think this is one of the ideas that will be to the fore at the agm.

In one word...

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no

do you have any suggestion's that would ?

Personally I think as a Somerset supporter we would be far better off in the EL with Swindon, Poole ect. But this isn't possible due to money we really are the black sheep of the league now!