British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Odds On North & South Pl 2013?

Wow, the doubling up rule could be extended to allowing riders to ride for more than one Premier League club. The BSPA could reduce a riders point money knowing he could ride for another side and get more rides to make up the difference.

This is a proffessional sport that uses rules introduced in amateur sports and it seems some of the fans like them.

Wow, the doubling up rule could be extended to allowing riders to ride for more than one Premier League club. The BSPA could reduce a riders point money knowing he could ride for another side and get more rides to make up the difference.

This is a proffessional sport that uses rules introduced in amateur sports and it seems some of the fans like them.

Have you ben asked to contribute to the much vaunted "Crisis, What Crisis? - Pre-AGM" Edition of Speedway Star? A few of those in power could do with listening to you and other riders.

Have you ben asked to contribute to the much vaunted "Crisis, What Crisis? - Pre-AGM" Edition of Speedway Star? A few of those in power could do with listening to you and other riders.

Hi, I'm not Dean Barker. ;) lol

Just a middle aged long term speedway fan who's only seeing short term patches to solve deep rooted problems.

Dean Machine is Dean Felton, he has some good points.

Edited by Deano

do you have any suggestion's that would ?

Pint for 30p.......

Someone comes up with a suggestion that others don't like,surely they can say they don't like it without needing to come up with a better idea.Anyway it would seem what they already have is better than the north/south divide,so they are suggesting we stick with that over regionalisation

The chances that fans will come up with some great ideas that will get speedway out of the doldrums are very slim.If we could only contribute if we came up with a better idea the forum would be pretty quiet i suggest.If someone does come up with a great idea i am sure most people will say so.

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Hi, I'm not Dean Barker. ;) lol

Just a middle aged long term speedway fan who's only seeing short term patches to solve deep rooted problems.

Dean Machine is Dean Felton, he has some good points.

Oops ! :oops:

I just wonder how many would give meeting a miss as a team had raced at your track three or four weeks previously, think there is a consensuses that the riders get a substantial amount for the travel . in fact it has not changed for years . They have to shell out a substantial amount to there own travel .

Let say a southern team is doing a three match tour of northern tracks the cost of the travel is split between the three promotions . Taken all that into considerations in the overall scheme of thing have a north south split would not make significant saving

i think the conference idea would only work in a one big league scenario

I did not suggest it was my Idea, I was talking off the record to an ex promoter amongst others, and it was an Idea that he said MIGHT work, it was also suggested in the same conversation that maybe a return to Rider Control could work, but the most interesting suggestion was that we have a Bernie Ecclestone type supremo, whereby he formulates a plan for the benefit of "Speedway" as a whole, not just for an individual Promoter, however in MY opinion that could only work if "Go Speed" were to be moved aside, and this Supremo, uses the TV monies for the benefit of British Speedway as a whole, rather than an "Elite" minority.

But that has moved from the subject of the PL, and to move it back, the best thing that could happen is for the PL to breakaway from the EL, and negotiate its own TV deal.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 2

I did not suggest it was my Idea, I was talking off the record to an ex promoter amongst others, and it was an Idea that he said MIGHT work, it was also suggested in the same conversation that maybe a return to Rider Control could work, but the most interesting suggestion was that we have a Bernie Ecclestone type supremo, whereby he formulates a plan for the benefit of "Speedway" as a whole, not just for an individual Promoter, however in MY opinion that could only work if "Go Speed" were to be moved aside, and this Supremo, uses the TV monies for the benefit of British Speedway as a whole, rather than an "Elite" minority.

But that has moved from the subject of the PL, and to move it back, the best thing that could happen is for the PL to breakaway from the EL, and negotiate its own TV deal.

It's only a few years ago that GRT Media, Rerun Video's and Mike Bennett tried to combine together to produce a magazine programme for just the PL using their own footage which, if anybody buys their products, all are in great HD with excellent graphics for results. I think GoSpeed dictated the terms which were not acceptable but the exercise proved that there is quality imput into the footage and that would be the necessary base requirements to transmit to whoever would take the feed.

It sounds like an individual/promoter couldn't take speedway to another level even if they wanted too.

Not this old chestnut again! I was reading an old copy of Speedway Star the other day in which a certain promoter was forecasting doom and gloom for Britain's second tier of speedway unless it adopted a north south league structure.

The year was 1969 and the promoter - Mike Parker! :P

Kev.

Yes - it was a VERY old copy :P

Edited by brum_57

It's only a few years ago that GRT Media, Rerun Video's and Mike Bennett tried to combine together to produce a magazine programme for just the PL using their own footage which, if anybody buys their products, all are in great HD with excellent graphics for results. I think GoSpeed dictated the terms which were not acceptable but the exercise proved that there is quality imput into the footage and that would be the necessary base requirements to transmit to whoever would take the feed.

How did this Company become so powerful in Speedway. It seems to work great for the Elite League but leaves the Premier/National Leagues out in the cold for Television Coverage.

I think that this is a disgrace. How about the Premier/National League Promoters going to the Monopolies Commission?

If necessary the two 'lower' Leagues should split with the Elite League and go their own way - over Rules, Television Rights and everything.

My goodness. Aren't we speedway supporters a bunch of optimists!

It goes back to good old-fashoned housekeeping. You can only spend what you are bringing in.

For the right reasons, we have threads and posts on the BSF with advice on how to bring more people through the door and stopping others leaving. Wake up folks it ain't gonna happen.

We need to cut our cloth accordingly.

Cut costs!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 3

We need to cut our cloth accordingly.

Cut costs!

Without wanting to sound dismissive of that fine advice, it would surely help if the governing bodies didn't keep bumping up the costs for the guys that actually slide the bikes on the track....It's surely hard for the riders to keep their pay requests down when every year they are asked to fork out more money for their equipment while the promoters do *bleep* all to deliver them a venue or surface that they can properly show their skills on....

Without wanting to sound dismissive of that fine advice, it would surely help if the governing bodies didn't keep bumping up the costs for the guys that actually slide the bikes on the track....It's surely hard for the riders to keep their pay requests down when every year they are asked to fork out more money for their equipment while the promoters do *bleep* all to deliver them a venue or surface that they can properly show their skills on....

The sport needs governing on the equipment side to reduce costs, that is where a large percentage of the money is going.

• Like 2