British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TwoMinuteWarning

Monster Energy World Speedway Invitational !

Does anyone know if this is being shown on TV or on the web? Presumably it starts around 3.30am so maybe I won't stay up to watch live!

I think they missed a trick here.Pay per view would have paid handsome dividends I reckon.Just the take up from the Polish viewers would be immense imho

• Like 1

What time (UK) is tapes up for this?? Thanks

• Like 1

Can anyone send me a stream link via pm please, cheers

Well I decided to purchase this for $9.99. Only about £6.50 so thought it was worth a go. It was easy to set up through the streaming company's website (www.gfl.tv) which is linked to directly from the link posted above. Registering took two minutes and payment was through PayPal.

Even better, it said on the Industry Racing website that the full show is uploaded to the streaming server after the live race and my purchase allows me to watch a re-broadcast with no additional charge. So I thought to myself, rather than get up at 3am I'd simply watch the re-broadcast 'as-live' when I got up in the morning. Everyone's a winner!

So I get up this morning, log in and find that the event is nowhere to be seen on the streaming server.

I assumed that the show would be available to watch straight after the event. It would seem this is not the case. I've just checked on the streaming server's website and it says videos are uploaded 24-48 hours after the event. So it seems I'll get to watch it... eventually.

I think it's really forward thinking of Industry Racing to provide a live internet feed but I wish their website had been a little clearer about when the re-broadcast can be watched.

I too expected the replay to be available much sooner than this afternoon! It was pretty good racing, with Nicholls, Kennett and Lindback showing up well. Gollob was hopeless, this wasn't a full throttle and go type of track. The announcer was pretty interesting although his strangest comment was "we've all dropped our drawers here so it's time for you to drop your at home"!!

Just watched the full replay and a couple (or three) of observations:

1)

I was very impressed with the quality of the internet broadcast. This was a full multi-camera production and ran absolutely fine through my laptop connected to my tv through a HDMI lead. Even though my internet connection is not particularly quick (less than 4 MB/s) the picture quality was good and there was no jerking, buffering or sync problems. For anyone who was able to watch the internet feed of the ELRC from Swindon, this was a far superior offering. It was just like watching the tv.

2)

The meeting itself was interesting and I enjoyed it. Out of the European riders, Lindback, Nicholls and Kennett showed up well and the 'top level' Americans (all of whom I expect are very familiar with the Industry Raceway) provided stiff opposition. Andersen was solid, if unspectacular. The only issue for me was there was a big gulf between the semi-finalists and the rest of the field (with the exception of Andersen). The Polish riders were disappointing and Lindgren also (though a heavy fall in an early ride may have affected his performance). A good amount of heats were spaced out with riders straightening up in the turns as they struggled to turn the bike as sharply as they needed to or picked up grip. Perhaps race-rustiness came into it.

3)

The internet feed had no commentator as such simply because the track announcer is more of an 'MC'. He simply talked from the beginning to the end of the meeting, stopping only for rider interviews which were carried out after many races by another announcer with a radio mike. Both announcers were clearly passionate about their speedway.

Going back to the internet feed, I certainly think, should a UK broadcaster not pick up the rights for the SGP, that this is the way for BSI to go as a temporary measure. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the broadcast.

A big well done to all at Industry Speedway.

Edited by G the Bee