British Speedway Forum
bruno

Moto Gp 2012 Info Please

ive not really watched moto gp since the barry sheene days! i went to holland once and still remember the frightening speeds.assen i think or maybe that was ice speedway.anyway i caught the last round the other day and feel hooked.i carnt wait for the 2013 season.if anyone could spare a bit of time and give me some info on the teams,riders,rules and a bit of recent history it would be appreciated.no rush i dont think the season starts till march but any info would be usefull.thanks a lot

Bruno, try the motogp official website, hopefully the Moto gp class will be better next season, as this year moto2 & 3 have been the real entertainers

http://www.motogp.com/

Bruno, try the motogp official website, hopefully the Moto gp class will be better next season, as this year moto2 & 3 have been the real entertainers

http://www.motogp.com/

cheers thanks for that

Hi Bruno, I was at Assen in 1977 for the Dutch TT expecting a Barry Sheene win but Dutchman Wil Hartog won. Great circuit and fantastic atmosphere.

Is that the year you were there?

Yes, check out the motogp website for all the info. Better still get yourself to one of the races..............beats F1 hands down and we have a real prospect in Cal Crutchlow especially if he can get on a factory bike.

sorry to be thick but whats the difference between moto gp and world superbikes

sorry to be thick but whats the difference between moto gp and world superbikes

Basically, Superbikes are based on production machinery that is available to the public for street use. MotoGP uses purely prototype machinery that never needs to be sold to the public.

It's kind of like the distinction between Touring Car racing and F1, although the differences in the bikes is much smaller than in the car racing world.