British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
T.N.T.

Dudley Heathans 2013 ?

It's been on the cards for sometime and reading the artice with Nigel Pearson in the Speedway Star, it makes it look very likely .. not defnate or fact ... that the Dudley Heathans will line up in the 2013 Premier League.

With Adam Roynon 7.07, Tom Perry 3.53 and Ashley Morris 3.00 the main riders for them in the NL, it would be a suprise if these three were not included. With Gary Patchett and Chris Van Straaten involved then assets from Swindon and Wolves could fill the top places.

Simon Stead 9.58 would be an ideal #1 and double up with Nick Morris at Swindon while Ricky Wells 6.47 rides for Wolves at the same track and his main sponsor is the Dudley team sponsor also. This should still leave enough space for Pontus Aspgren 5.25 and a sub 7 point rider (Ludvig Lindgren maybe) to complete the team.

POSSIBLE 2013 Dudley Heathans ...

1 - Simon Stead

2 - Pontus Aspgren

3 - Adam Roynon

4 - Ludvig Lindgren

5 - Ricky Wells

6 - Tom Perry

7 - Ashley Morris

NOTE; This is just a view and not claiming any to be in place or fact.

Sam Masters has said he would ride for Dudley on twitter..

Although I fear that we may be in the NL again in 2013, I have no doubt that if it were to be PL, there would be no shortage of riders wanting to be included in the Heathens team. Personal terms with management aside, I don't think that there is a club in the UK whose supporters do more in the way of sponsorship for their riders.

To my mind, the time for Premier league for the Heathens is now. All of the worries and concerns that I have heard will always be there, and I just wished that people would put a little more faith in the Dudley fans who would without doubt support this and make it viable. Even if we stay NL, half of our team has to go due to the points limit, so what better time to move forward rather than operate with a watered own version of our 2012 squad? I ain't a "fair weather" supporter and whatever happens I'll be there on the terraces next year, although I'm done with meaningless matches like The Staffordshire Trophy. My fear is though that if we stay NL with a poorer standard of racing than this year,, people will start to lose interest.

Oh, I forgot :) I would definitely include Lee Morris in any PL side of mine given the opportunity.

I am in no doubt that Dudley would be able to put a very good and entertaining team together and could be very successful.

The big problem is that they don't have a track of their own and at present or permission to build their own track.

I would say that if they were to get permission to build their own track and say the riding at Monmore Green was only planned for a year I would say it would be definite yes.

I really don't get this business about not having our own track. We have our own club, we have our own fan base (there are only a handful - probably 10 or so out and out Wolves fans at Dudley matches) and we have our own team. Don't see where the problem is personally. After all is said and done, Wolves don't have their own track either - they rent it from Ladbrokes the same as we do.

• Like 1

I really don't get this business about not having our own track. We have our own club, we have our own fan base (there are only a handful - probably 10 or so out and out Wolves fans at Dudley matches) and we have our own team. Don't see where the problem is personally. After all is said and done, Wolves don't have their own track either - they rent it from Ladbrokes the same as we do.

I think you might find that Wolves like Sheffield and other actually rent the the stadium the track is there's.

It's been on the cards for sometime and reading the artice with Nigel Pearson in the Speedway Star, it makes it look very likely .. not defnate or fact ... that the Dudley Heathans will line up in the 2013 Premier League.

With Adam Roynon 7.07, Tom Perry 3.53 and Ashley Morris 3.00 the main riders for them in the NL, it would be a suprise if these three were not included. With Gary Patchett and Chris Van Straaten involved then assets from Swindon and Wolves could fill the top places.

Simon Stead 9.58 would be an ideal #1 and double up with Nick Morris at Swindon while Ricky Wells 6.47 rides for Wolves at the same track and his main sponsor is the Dudley team sponsor also. This should still leave enough space for Pontus Aspgren 5.25 and a sub 7 point rider (Ludvig Lindgren maybe) to complete the team.

POSSIBLE 2013 Dudley Heathans ...

1 - Simon Stead

2 - Pontus Aspgren

3 - Adam Roynon

4 - Ludvig Lindgren

5 - Ricky Wells

6 - Tom Perry

7 - Ashley Morris

NOTE; This is just a view and not claiming any to be in place or fact.

It would be excellent to have another team in the PL But Nick seems to be very much in demand and is still an asset of Glasgow not Patchett or Van Stratten, therefore i fully expect him do Ride for either Poole or Swindon this year but hopefully on a full transfer.

I think you might find that Wolves like Sheffield and other actually rent the the stadium the track is there's.

whether that's the case or not, what difference does it make?

whether that's the case or not, what difference does it make?

If get a summer anything like we have had this year you have problems completing fixtures.

If get a summer anything like we have had this year you have problems completing fixtures.

really don't see it as Wednesdays at Monmore are reserved for such eventualities.

I don't see what the problem is either . If Wolves agree about making Monmore Green available , then bring it on . Dudley ( or even better - Cradley ) would be a great addition to the PL

I don't see what the problem is either . If Wolves agree about making Monmore Green available , then bring it on . Dudley ( or even better - Cradley ) would be a great addition to the PL

Don't really have a problem as such, if Dudley or like you say Cradley were to say come to the table and say this is a temporary situation until for a season or two then I would say go for it.

There is no doubt that the support is there.

Very few speedway clubs own the stadium they race out of. In fact I'd say you could probably count them on one hand and possibly have digits left over!

From where I'm standing Dudley the current incarnation of the former Cradley outfit are an EL without a track of their own and have now outgrown the NL. Staying at 3rd tier level will only see enthusiasm dampen which would be detrimental to the chances of getting their own stadium. Particularly at this moment in time they can move up and take 3 of the team with them!

I see no problem with the Ladbrokes stadium at Monmore cause Ladbrokes would surely welcome the extra income from the extra Heathens meetings and the stadium can accomodate them for 14 Tuesday meetings then surely they could do another 10 or so?

British speedway hasn't had a 2nd tier club tracksharing with a top flight club since Belle Vue and King's Lynn ran reserve teams in the 2nd tier of the time but Dudley are a special case who should be welcomed with open arms since they get bigger crowds than nearly all of the current PL tracks I'd suggest. With Leicester wanting to move up, Plymouth dropping down and possibly Berwick not running then the PL coudld very well do with a new team joining up!

On the rider front Dudley would have no problem finding riders for a PL team cause many people in speedway know how the Dudley management and supporters look after their team!

Edited by 25yearfan

Very few speedway clubs own the stadium they race out of. In fact I'd say you could probably count them on one hand and possibly have digits left over!

From where I'm standing Dudley the current incarnation of the former Cradley outfit are an EL without a track of their own and have now outgrown the NL. Staying at 3rd tier level will only see enthusiasm dampen which would be detrimental to the chances of getting their own stadium. Particularly at this moment in time they can move up and take 3 of the team with them!

I see no problem with the Ladbrokes stadium at Monmore cause Ladbrokes would surely welcome the extra income from the extra Heathens meetings and the stadium can accomodate them for 14 Tuesday meetings then surely they could do another 10 or so?

British speedway hasn't had a 2nd tier club tracksharing with a top flight club since Belle Vue and King's Lynn ran reserve teams in the 2nd tier of the time but Dudley are a special case who should be welcomed with open arms since they get bigger crowds than nearly all of the current PL tracks I'd suggest. With Leicester wanting to move up, Plymouth dropping down and possibly Berwick not running then the PL coudld very well do with a new team joining up!

On the rider front Dudley would have no problem finding riders for a PL team cause many people in speedway know how the Dudley management and supporters look after their team!

Some fair comment there, and looking at the other sport using the stadium they greyhounds meetings they only use the stadium Thursdays and Saturdays so perhaps I jumped the gun a little bit and maybe the idea is not such a bad idea.

The one thing that they would not have a problem with is riders, with the likes of Patch and CVS been involved they will be wide selection of riders to choose from.

The one thing that would really top things off is to get their own stadium and track in their own area, but I am sure that the people behind the scenes are working hard on that already.

But one thing that is certain the name Dudley or as us who have been watching speedway remember them better as Cradley have so much history behind them and have to be given every opportunity to comeback.