British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GM

What Are Riders Earning Riding Speedway

In the grand scheme of things what TOP riders receive for the risks they take is peanuts compared to most other sports and it is only in s/way terms that these riders are well paid at the top .Unlike most other sports including some forms of m/sport the pro - sportsman in a team is provided with the neccessary tools to do the job as it were.I would think that 80% of s/way riders have to pay for some or all of their kit and supply their own transport or secure their own sponsorship .For every top line rider there are dozens barely making a living but taking the same risks that is life sadly !!!!

I would hazard a guess that the top 5 in the world wouldnt be far off being millionaires

yeah my bad calculations it was 6pence per mile but it was a 300 mile trip there and 300 miles back ;)

Top Average was 7.74 lowest was around 6.44

what was his name?? Around 6.44?

Plus it is only van hire. It may be someone elses van the next year if company owned.

You may not have the van as long as 2 month if you try sending your boss a text stating ' i wont be at tonights meeting i have quit' :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Cook

Colin? If it is him he was worth it terrific enterteinment value.

Edited by Fromafar

Sub has just posted on Facebook about some deals being offered in Poland. The riders in question are Nicki Pedersen and Emil Sayfutidnov - Pedersen has reportedly been offered the equivalent of £429,292.76, and Emil £370,722.59. Not sure what that includes, but either way its a lot of money for 8 months work from just one league :shock:

Sub has just posted on Facebook about some deals being offered in Poland. The riders in question are Nicki Pedersen and Emil Sayfutidnov - Pedersen has reportedly been offered the equivalent of £429,292.76, and Emil £370,722.59. Not sure what that includes, but either way its a lot of money for 8 months work from just one league :shock:

Risking their lives for our entertainment?

• Like 1

Risking their lives for our entertainment?

The poor buggers!

Imagine being forced to do something to entertain the paying public. Like a dancing bear or something

The poor buggers!

Imagine being forced to do something to entertain the paying public. Like a dancing bear or something

Dear oh dear Matthew....

Dear oh dear Matthew....

You mean no one actually forces Speedway riders to ride and they make their own choices? :shock:

• Like 1

You mean no one actually forces Speedway riders to ride and they make their own choices? :shock:

Shhhhhh!!!