British Speedway Forum
oldtimer

Latest Update From Oak Tree Arena

Hmm,seems an average Waspels team to me.

Sadly too many injuries cost Claus, which started to reflect in his away scores too. More disapointted that there is no sign of Monberg, who was superb for us last year.

Totally agree with you there, Jesper was an inspired signing by the management and gave his all in the short time he was with us, let alone being one of the most exciting riders around the OTA I've seen for a while. Claus would have been fine if he could gave steered clear of injury but as we all know, Speedway is a cruel sport. All being said though, I still think Grajczonek could be a very good signing if he has an injury free season and could easily average between 8 and 9.

All being said though, I still think Grajczonek could be a very good signing if he has an injury free season and could easily average between 8 and 9.

Next season will be a big year for Josh, being his sixth season in the UK and hopefully one where he break's through into the top rider he has shown glimpses of. He was absolutely woeful in the middle part of 2012, getting over his injury was probably a factor but so also choosing the wrong track to double up at, in Belle Vue. The fast track at Somerset will lend itself well to Josh's style, I hope he does what Craig Cook did at the start of this year and give himself time to gain confidence in the PL before looking for an EL slot in the early summer. Quite a team being constructed at Somerset now that Nick Morris has also signed on.

On quite a few occasions josh rode better for the Aces than he did for glasgow, he had some very good meetings at KL, if he stays injury free he has the ability to be a big hitter.

• Like 1

good team imo glad to see doyle, kyle, tommo and davies. Its an important season for grajczonek while morris will push doyle for top spot just for no.7 now.

Superb top 3, won't be better in the league. Wanted Josh at Somerset for a couple of seasons.

Sorry to see Vissing go, hope he gets a ride in

England somewhere. Gave his all for Somerset.

Think you'll be far better off with Josh, Vissing is injury prone & a lot of his injuries are self inflicted. No doubt he is a skillful and courageous rider, however he sometimes gets carried away & is far too aggressive on tracks he is not that familiar with. (The crash at Ipswich wasn't his fault & how he was excluded I'll never work out!)

Unfortunately his aggressive streak is a reckless one & I've seen him on at least three occasions where other riders have been lucky not to also suffer serious injury as a result of this!

You've got a good looking team there with bags of potential (jealous) if you don't finish in top three I'll be very surprised.

By the way Jason Doyle should be PLRC champion, if only Rene Bach could have stayed on his bike - Cook had no chance!

Do expand on this OT....

See DaveT's post in the Christmas Cracker thread - Haines, Tully, Sneddon and of course Claus finish the line up.

Sadly too many injuries cost Claus, which started to reflect in his away scores too. More disapointted that there is no sign of Monberg, who was superb for us last year.

Najjer - Aspegren confirmed what i said on page 2 of this thread.

Anyone have any idea who the last rider is and when it'll be announced?

Could be!! But i feel its a big year for Alex Davies, needs to find a bit more consistancy, Tom perry will improve on last year, and i would expect big things from Nick Morris..

Anyone have any idea who the last rider is and when it'll be announced?

Yes it is very obvious who the rider is - read the clues. He will be announced when his average is confirmed.

Or even a bit of both which is highly convenient for a 3 pt average

Unless hes 18 he cant claim patrality according to border agency