British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wandersome

Pl Points Limit And Wage Cap

So if the the rumoured strict wage cap on Pl riders happens will any team get within 5 points of the limit. I've been reliably informed there is a cap that is set at £10 a point less than i was reliably informed Robin Apregen was asking for to ride PL last year. Will any riders be double upping because i couldn't imagine anyone of that standard of Barker, Cook etc going anywhere near a PL team.

Edited by volty

So if the the rumoured strict wage cap on Pl riders happens will any team get within 5 points of the limit. I've been reliably informed there is a cap that is set at £10 a point less than i was reliably informed Robin Apregen was asking for to ride PL last year. Will any riders be double upping because i couldn't imagine anyone of that standard of Barker, Cook etc going anywhere near a PL team.

Barker has signed for a PL team ???

Barker has signed for a PL team ???

I was told by a usually reliable 'sauce' that wage cap with big points deductions for teams that break the cap. And there is no way most of the top riders in the pl are on the rate I was quoted. Nicki glanz was withholding his services last year because he wasnt getting the point money he had agreed and that was more than the cap. I accept that glanz is a slightly extreme example but does make the point.

Edited by volty

I was told by a usually reliable 'sauce' that wage cap with big points deductions for teams that break the cap. And there is no way most of the top riders in the pl are on the rate I was quoted. Nicki glanz was withholding his services last year because he wasnt getting the point money he had agreed and that was more than the cap.

What was the wage rated quoted......

What was the wage rated quoted......

£55. If it is true is will interesting to see how many 'club' sponsors who you will find also suddenly sponsoring the clubs top riders at certain clubs..

Edited by volty

£55. If it is true is will interesting to see how many 'club' sponsors who you will find also suddenly sponsoring the clubs top riders at certain clubs..

They may but hey, this is a start. As I see it nothing will be lost this way.

Thats what happened in the mid 80's in NL but like you say "sponser money" makes up the shortfall on points money .

They way the job is,i wonder if the PL can afford to pay any more than 55 point,im sure we would all like to see riders earning 100`s of pounds a point,but you cant give what you aint got i guess

They way the job is,i wonder if the PL can afford to pay any more than 55 point,im sure we would all like to see riders earning 100`s of pounds a point,but you cant give what you aint got i guess

true, but it will be interesting to see whether the big rush of EL riders wanting to double up materialises as predicted. I'm thinking the EL standard riders such as the Steads, Bridgers, Klindts etc as well as the Barkers, Cooks, Doyles, Nieminens who do already.

Well the wage cap might help a few British 3 point riders get PL places as I can see a few heat leaders not bothering to ride over here in the PL next season. Any news on the proposals to stop paying bonus points or no club to pay for the tyres?

true, but it will be interesting to see whether the big rush of EL riders wanting to double up materialises as predicted. I'm thinking the EL standard riders such as the Steads, Bridgers, Klindts etc as well as the Barkers, Cooks, Doyles, Nieminens who do already.

IMO double down riders should have a cap on their points money (say£50)as its just easy pocket money for most of them.They are the riders taking the money out of the sport thats not there, just like the PL boys riding in NL.
  • Like 4