British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gazc

Glasgow & David Bellego

Dont know too much about it , but apparently Joe has put something on Twitter about having to find new employment after a shock phone call yesterday . Of course it might not be speedway related , but i would not be surprised if it were .

Dont know too much about it , but apparently Joe has put something on Twitter about having to find new employment after a shock phone call yesterday . Of course it might not be speedway related , but i would not be surprised if it were .

Here it comes......

amended

Edited by Tsunami

I don't think there was anything "apparently" about his signing. Of course, one scenario that fits is that the Glasgow Promotion wer talking more bollocks than the Rangers official who said "The VAT cheque? Oh aye, that's in the post".

Rangers? VAT cheque? What are you on about?

The guy was talented, young and on a good average. It seems perfectly plausible to me that the reasons he wasn't brought back were financial especially as it was proven in the season that followed that Glasgow were completely skint.

I think some realise that they have just let the cat out of the bag.

Rangers? VAT cheque? What are you on about?

The guy was talented, young and on a good average. It seems perfectly plausible to me that the reasons he wasn't brought back were financial especially as it was proven in the season that followed that Glasgow were completely skint.

So they couldn't afford hime - which is not the same as Bellego being expensive then, is it? If he'd said he'd commute using National Express it wouldn't have cost much - unless they couldn't afford it.

The promotion at the time dismissed his not being signed as his demands were excessive. That's been proven to not be the case. Still, don't let the truth get in the way of pacifying in the short term, eh?

In my opinion, a club who takes a risk in bringing an assessed rider over to the UK ang giving him a chance at British speedway should automatically have him included in their asset base. Sounds fair to me, but not to the BSPA.

• Like 2

Transfers are exceptionally rare in speedway these days, the only recent ones that I can recall were Danny King and Craig Cook.

Glasgow seem to have offloaded Campton to Workington on a full transfer, just like Rusty after his first season in the UK with Glasgow. I wonder if the sale was part of the deal agreed by the old promotion to pay off some of the debts.

Glasgow seem to have offloaded Campton to Workington on a full transfer, just like Rusty after his first season in the UK with Glasgow. I wonder if the sale was part of the deal agreed by the old promotion to pay off some of the debts.

Could be, but I thought that the Glasgow takeover had been completed before the Workington one so I am not sure whether that theory is true.

One thing is certain the outgoing Promotion were very critical of Mason Campton.

Could be, but I thought that the Glasgow takeover had been completed before the Workington one so I am not sure whether that theory is true.

One thing is certain the outgoing Promotion were very critical of Mason Campton.

Missed that one was anything made public of the criticism?

Don't blame them after all the social media comments about how rubbishe the track was, how embarrassing it was to ride at Ashfield every week. Obviously didn't learn much in the way of professionalism from his buddy Josh Grajczonek. Apparently young aussies would rather stay in oz than get a chance of racing in Britain with Glasgow.

Should hopefully get a conveyor belt of young danes seen as Alun Biggar is influential with the Danes. Soon forget bout these 2

• Like 3

Don't blame them after all the social media comments about how rubbishe the track was, how embarrassing it was to ride at Ashfield every week. Obviously didn't learn much in the way of professionalism from his buddy Josh Grajczonek. Apparently young aussies would rather stay in oz than get a chance of racing in Britain with Glasgow.

Should hopefully get a conveyor belt of young danes seen as Alun Biggar is influential with the Danes. Soon forget bout these 2

The criticism I picked up on was in Speedway Star where the club ask Mason to change the date of his flight home so he could ride in the last meting for th club and refused. I must admit I did not see the social media stuff put out by the rider, but if he did then the best thing is to let them go.

You would think that with the new promotion coming in they would be be looking to use some Danes.,

Slightly unfair on Josh who has shown great loyalty to Glasgow nobody can blame him from trying pastures new.

• Like 4

taken it the wrong way Gaz, I was praising Josh for his loyalty and professionalism, it's a shame his peers don't match it.

Edit:

Just looked at your post again highlighting "these 2", These 2 were Bellego & Campton.

Josh Is leaving for pastures new and there isn't a single person at Ashfield who would grudge him it, he's been a tremendous servant who has been beset by injuries and selfishlly we have benfited from this by getting him for an extra season or 2. If he hadn't got injured last season he would be an elite league rider, I just hope the injuries haven't knocked him too much. Definately would keep Josh as an asset rather than punt him on like the others, allways good to have Josh associated with Glasgow Tigers.

Edited by JakeDaniels

taken it the wrong way Gaz, I was praising Josh for his loyalty and professionalism, it's a shame his peers don't match it

Sorry Jake yeah Josh has shown the wannabe's how to conduct themselves.

In my opinion, a club who takes a risk in bringing an assessed rider over to the UK ang giving him a chance at British speedway should automatically have him included in their asset base. Sounds fair to me, but not to the BSPA.

unless that club is in the eliete league then its a different matter

maybe and if im not wrong a similar deal was done many years ago when a rider was sold to glasgow from a troubled workington promotion

maybe and if im not wrong a similar deal was done many years ago when a rider was sold to glasgow from a troubled workington promotion

If you mean Steve Lawson (the Greatest Living Tiger) then you're very wrong.

Steve was sold to Belle Vue in 1977.

He then joined Glasgow from the Aces in the spring of 1978.

The rest, as they say, is history.

• Like 2