British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gazc

Glasgow & David Bellego

I was under the impression that the powers that be (BSPA) were supposed to be ruling on the Bellego situation between Berwick & Glasgow still neither have heard on what is happening , for team building purposes i.e. loan fees having an asset ride for you i would have thought it may have been resolved by now after the weekends meeting.

Or do we have an arm & leg each.

I was under the impression that the powers that be (BSPA) were supposed to be ruling on the Bellego situation between Berwick & Glasgow still neither have heard on what is happening , for team building purposes i.e. loan fees having an asset ride for you i would have thought it may have been resolved by now after the weekends meeting.

Or do we have an arm & leg each.

Did Bellego ever do enough offical meetings for Glasgow in the 2011 season,if he did then he should be a Glasgow asset,but now that Glasgow Speedway has changed hands I wonder if Bellego was part of the club that the new owners bought a few weeks ago.

If Bellego did not do enough meetings to become an asset then he will be a Berwick asset,and he has certainly done enough meetings to qualify as such.

Did Bellego ever do enough offical meetings for Glasgow in the 2011 season,if he did then he should be a Glasgow asset,but now that Glasgow Speedway has changed hands I wonder if Bellego was part of the club that the new owners bought a few weeks ago.

If Bellego did not do enough meetings to become an asset then he will be a Berwick asset,and he has certainly done enough meetings to qualify as such.

Screm at the time the Glasgow promotion stated that he did do enough official meeting's and when Berwick signed him they stated that they signed him as an asset , the BSPA then said that they would rule on it at the end of the season and still it has not been delivered not really surprised.

What it means though both clubs are still in limbo not knowing if they have a young exciting prospect as an asset which means loan fees etc and an income stream or saving for that club is still to be decided.

The bigger picture and i may be wrong here but if they find he is an asset of Glasgow would Berwick have to pay Glasgow a loan fee for the season just passed who knows , it is turning into a bit off a mess and could so easily have been avoided.

Screm at the time the Glasgow promotion stated that he did do enough official meeting's and when Berwick signed him they stated that they signed him as an asset , the BSPA then said that they would rule on it at the end of the season and still it has not been delivered not really surprised.

What it means though both clubs are still in limbo not knowing if they have a young exciting prospect as an asset which means loan fees etc and an income stream or saving for that club is still to be decided.

The bigger picture and i may be wrong here but if they find he is an asset of Glasgow would Berwick have to pay Glasgow a loan fee for the season just passed who knows , it is turning into a bit off a mess and could so easily have been avoided.

As I posted if Bellegos done enough meetings for Glasgow then he`s a Glasgow asset,I cant see why theres such a delay.As you say the BSPA did indeed say they would make a firm decision at their piss up err sorry AGM last weekend,but I guess their still making up their minds......Im sure it wont be much longer.

The question is does KOC matches count as official meeting (doesnt count towards avgs). If they do then he rode enough and is a Glasgow asset. If not then he's Berwick.

As I posted if Bellegos done enough meetings for Glasgow then he`s a Glasgow asset,I cant see why theres such a delay.As you say the BSPA did indeed say they would make a firm decision at their piss up err sorry AGM last weekend,but I guess their still making up their minds......Im sure it wont be much longer.

How sure, they will probably decide when he is not so young and not so promising a decision should have been made at the time then everyone would have known were they stood was going to say simples at the end of that sentence but you can't when it involves the BSPA as nothing is ever that.

The question is does KOC matches count as official meeting (doesnt count towards avgs). If they do then he rode enough and is a Glasgow asset. If not then he's Berwick.

It is that long ago now something was mentioned that they were taking the 2011 rules into consideration which made him a Glasgow asset but Berwick disputed this what the rules were who knows i am sure someone will re-collect the actual ruling.

You should hold a Tug-o war next time the two clubs meet or in some secret location in the borders maybe,

Big John Anderson v Micheal Max

Stuff that anyone if for a tenner lark and get this on.....full price..winner takes Bellego!!!

BSPA chairman to be the Ref

Was it not a case that Bellego rode enough meetings to get an average but was short for the number of meetings to be an asset.

IMO Bellego is a Berwick asset now.

Was it not a case that Bellego rode enough meetings to get an average but was short for the number of meetings to be an asset.

other way round I think Dave.
  • Like 1

With regard to the take over at Ashfield and weather this included David or not I was under the impression that he was an asset of the BSPA ATM untill the decided to make a ruling . IMHO the BSPA hoped the Berwick dropped him before he rode the required amount of meetings allow him to go back to the Tigers and complete his meetings there meaning they wouldn't have to make a decision on his ownership , this another fudge by those who supposed to act in the sports best interests .

• Like 3

That is the whole point though we all have opinion's on what the outcome should be but bottom line the BSPA are still arsing about and not making the decision which should have been made at the time of the initial dispute

• Like 1

the bspa hoped both clubs would come to a deal themselves

Sounds radical but why not just ask the rider where he wants to be.

Its not just Glasgow or Berwick dont know whats happening what about David he cannot make any plans

I think he rode 8 in the league 5 home 3 away so he still had an assessed average of 5 when he came to Berwick but he also rode in KO Cup fixtures for Glasgow so who knows
  • Like 1